Veteran player looking to help new players break into League

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Downwind Snail

05-02-2012

Hello,
I am putting this out there to anyone who just looking for another opinion or any advice or help with certain aspects of the game that they are curious about, or would like to discuss. I have been playing since Beta and I figured I should give something back to the community to make it better. If anyone is interested just hit me up in game. Take care and good luck out there.

YerrowManatee

05-02-2012

Alright, I got a question.
How the hell do I get used to playing AD carries?! It's the only role I cannot fulfill. They're so squishy, and EVERYONE focuses you! I seriously can't handle the pressure and the requirement to carry the entire team.
I mostly play tanky characters (even tanky mids and supports), so playing AD carries is a totally new world for me.

Downwind Snail

05-02-2012

Add me in game and we can discuss

Downwind Snail

05-02-2012

bump

FaerellG

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indulg3 View Post
Alright, I got a question.
How the hell do I get used to playing AD carries?! It's the only role I cannot fulfill. They're so squishy, and EVERYONE focuses you! I seriously can't handle the pressure and the requirement to carry the entire team.
I mostly play tanky characters (even tanky mids and supports), so playing AD carries is a totally new world for me.
AD carry changes based upon your team composition and competence of your allies.

first, I assume you're talking about Ranged AD. There are several important factors to an AD carry:
Farming, Positioning, and Escape/Kiting.

Farming/LastHitting is pretty straight forward, you need to be able to get gold because as an AD carry, you're dependent on items to make yourself a murder machine.

Positioning is all about survival. Ideally, you should be hanging back picking away at the nearest opponent from maximum range. Stay safe and deal as much damage as you can.

Escape/Kiting. Your allies aren't perfect, enemies will get through...in fact, Assassin types are designed to penetrate defenses and gap-close to kill carries. From there it's about you having the correct escape abilities and potentially being able to kite.

AD carries are extremely dependent on their team to stay alive, so you have to be a good judge of your teammate's capabilities...both in terms of skill and champion ability set. I mean...if they have no CC, then you really can't expect them to protect you at all.

If your allies are good at defending you, then go glass cannon. Load up on AS/AD/Crit and go to town.
But where a lot of AD's get into trouble is when their team can't defend them properly (not always the team's fault explicitly, sometimes the enemy just has a really good assassin). In these situations, you need to build some defense. Guardian Angel is a popular one as it gives a solid amount of Armor/MR and a good passive. Other good ones are Banshee's Veil, Quicksilver Sash, and occasionally Wiggle's Lantern.
You would be surprised at how much even a little Armor/MR will help save you from death.

Downwind Snail

05-03-2012

Bump

Downwind Snail

05-03-2012

bump

Downwind Snail

05-03-2012

bump

Forix

05-03-2012

hey would you help a player who could use some help getting better but isnt a new player?

Downwind Snail

05-03-2012

I am open to help any player.I guess I should edit my post.

12345 ... 7