Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion: Simpler than people make it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MUTiggers

09-28-2011

Every game I've played we've established our bottom our top and windmill, only to have people die trying to cap the far points. I've come to the conclusion there is zero reason to push past your two points and the windmill. if you have 2 guard bot, 2 guard top and 1 mobile roam between the two you should win, ez. But I've never had a team that was content to defend, so I have no idea if that would work.

I don't see any reason to take the opponents points unless they are turtled at windmill, only then does it make sense to cap their top point to pull them off windmill. Bottom point gains you nothing as you will lose it immediately.

Am I wrong in this?

Flyrich

09-28-2011

More like 3 top 1 bot 1 roam.

But yes, you are right about people dying trying to get the far bases being atrociously bad play. This is how games are lost 99% of the time.

Losing your bot isn't so bad. It will get recapped due to fresh health bars from spawn or blue pill going against lower health defenders from the enemy team.

Shini Laser

09-28-2011

There are reasons to push into the enemy's 2 outside the base, but most people do it at the most atrocious times.

The biggest issue also besides figuring out how to guard is the fact people do not realize picking up 4 AD champs is screaming to lose. I don't care about globals - if your team has Panth, GP, Jax, and Riven on it, I find you around a 2 or 3 out of 10 on the threat scale personally and anyone worth a **** also.