Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Make Defense Rewarding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melogrunty

09-28-2011

Riot wanted to prevent turtling so they purposely made defense give less points/incentive but then why make the objective to win by holding the majority of the points? As of right now the objective and the way to get points to not match. I went 7 caps 5 neutralize and then k/d of 27/3 and finished with 1900+ points while third place got 10 caps 8 neutralize and got 1300+ points. I didn't list his k/d because it shouldn't matter but all that really matters is fighting.

Babysitting turrets should be rewarding. Should get extra points when a Promote Minion neutralizes/captures. Need more points for sabotaging buffs with traps. Bonus points for using garrison on towers. Some emphasis on strategy.

Exodus180

09-28-2011

i wouldn't care if it werent for all the jerks (who im sure are reporting me) for having ****ty score when i was a defender. apparently it doest matter i scared away 2 or 3 people from my point since i didnt get the kill. you do get points for killing near you defended turret i think, should also get points for engaging near your turret (or if it already is) then increase those points.

joshiez

09-28-2011

OP; your analysis is very short sighted. Defending *does* promote action. If your team holds 3 points, ONE of your points is going to be defended by ONE player. It's going to get attacked, forcing action on your team.

When this doesn't happen, it's because people are still new to dominion and don't understand basic strategy.

It's totally different than if a team turtled completely on SR...

brb getting sued

09-28-2011

Is anything more rewarding than winning the game?

UnitedAmerika

09-28-2011

Quote:
brb getting sued:
Is anything more rewarding than winning the game?

Being loved.

LilDrood

09-28-2011

Quote:
UnitedAmerika:
Being loved.

Nobody loves a loser, though.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-28-2011

morello already said they are going to buff defensive points...l2redtracker