The minion in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Master Kev

09-28-2011

Is it me, or do people not understand that minion waves are pretty useful when pushing a tower? I have two games where people are "QQ farming minions noob." I tell ya, some of these days, I see dumb people.

urmamasllama

09-28-2011

the power of a yorick pushing bot

it be nasty

Shinomi

09-28-2011

There is for some reason a huge split in the community where a bunch of people say, just cap the point and ignore minions as they're useless. The other half of the community realize that minions can't be disrupted making it so that you can fight the enemy while the minions cap the point. Besides the fact that the minions make the cap a lot faster.

Salathiel

09-28-2011

While they aren't as important like they were in SR, they still can make a difference in capping a node. 1 champ cap speed vs 1 champ and 5-6 minion cap speed is a big difference.

The only disadvantage to trying to help your minions push is that the other team can see you pushing and get to the node before you and your little band of merries can cap.

Beverak

09-28-2011

minions are there to be utlitized to stop turtling.

you push a minion wave when the other team has a person or two just sitting under tower.

do it a couple time and you can neutralize the tower and get a free opportuinty to punish whover was guarding it.

imalx

09-28-2011

^this

Once you have your 3 points captured, its clearly important to clear the minions, it helps you defend and you get xp/gold a little faster, witch is always good. I've seen ppl QQing about that too, I was playing Talon and got told to stop farming and fight while we had bot, mid, and top captured :S I prefer defending and using my tower if I get attacked.

ruiner2003

09-28-2011

Minions can play a huge role in taking back a tower. They usually play very little in defending a tower. But with that said, to recapture an enemy tower a big minion wave is actually your biggest advantage. Minion waves are great at reducing a captured turret to neutral so that it isnt damaging you when youre ifghting under it.

Now when someone is pushing a wave when a cap point is wide open and the enemy is spread across the map is admittedly stupid. But when pushing up to a captured point that is currently defended or when enemies are close by is a better strategy then trying to dive enemies under a turret.

People are generally stupid, hopefully they will learn the use of minions as time goes on, but who really knows

Not to mention, minions give great farm and are easy to kill. Even though you get a ****load of gold passively, the game still revolves heavily around items for killing and defending, and farming minions can provide a huge gold increase

Dragull

09-28-2011

I think minions should be a little easier to kill so you could push and use them more often.

JoeDuo

09-28-2011

Farming is only acceptable if you are playing defensively.
And the problem is many players are not pushing, they're farming like in SR and taking forever to get to the tower.
Wasting 30 seconds 'pushing' the wave to save a few seconds on the cap is totally not worth it.

Hugs From Momma

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuo View Post
Farming is only acceptable if you are playing defensively.
And the problem is many players are not pushing, they're farming like in SR and taking forever to get to the tower.
Wasting 30 seconds 'pushing' the wave to save a few seconds on the cap is totally not worth it.
It depends on why you do it.

If you already control 3 points, farming to the next tower works great as it causes the enemy to have to deal with the push, while not leaving you so far away from the point you need to defend. You also earn gold while doing so. You know you don't NEED that 4th point, but the threat is enough to make the enemy react.

If you control 1 or 2 points, then farming a wave is often not a good idea, as there will be several undefended points you can go after.