Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Regarding the "Akali OP in Dominion" Threads

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

piece 0f crap

09-28-2011

She's the strongest champion in Dominion right now.

Sadly I don't think Riot will nerf her even though she needs an extensive nerf.

BadNeighbour

09-28-2011

Quote:
ManaBananaKrill:
Game is not about kills. And it sounds like you're facing bads.

whoopys meant to hit plus

MochaChocaKon

09-28-2011

Although Akali is extremely weak at point capture (unless fed to godly amounts), I mainly play her as a defensive ganker to stop backdoors and reduce defensive reinforcements so that my team will have an easier time focusing on the objective points. That GP that was about to zone you out? Yeah, he's gone now. Once the enemy team is clear, I get to a point and help cap.

NationalKid

09-28-2011

Building lightbringer if u r AD and hextech sweeper if u r a caster make akali way easier 2 handle. The thing is every single time i find a akali at the opposite team, no metter how much i beg to my team to build these 2 itens, they just ignore me. Then, they get raped over and over by akali and dont know why. Its a shame, but i still have to waste a ban on akali when playing with randons.

Riticule

09-28-2011

Quote:
Buru Diman:
Buy Lightbringer/Hextech Sweeper.
See how Akali wastes energy when she uses her veil.
Other than than, she is as OP as the rest of the assassins in this mode (Poppy, Jax, Xin Zhao).

Exactly, how many items can see her in her veil, 250g gets you a oracles now. . .. ? items with stealth detection, i don't want to hear she is op, her burst his high, her survivability is high, unless you see stealth, and then its nothing, just spend the 250g on it, and boom.

NationalKid

09-28-2011

Quote:
ManaBananaKrill:
She's pretty much absolute **** on Dominion. Every Akali I've seen, which is most every game, I completely stomp. Because Lightbringer and other items completely make her useless. And I tell my teammates to buy such items and they never do. Soon as more people in the general populous realize how much she sucks in this game mode, the better we can move on with our lives.

I tell people who play Akali to switch the hell out of it or we'll just lose. And every Akali I've ended up playing with on my team feeds because it's the enemy that knows how to counter her. Not to mention they (the Akali's on my team) all think Dom is about kills and not CAPTURING AND HOLDING.
At least with Shaco he has a built-in blink for escape. and Eve can still find a way to slink away since her stealth is much more perm. than Akalis.
Funnily enough, the anti-stealth items hurt Akali more than any other stealth character in the game.

Shaco's got blink. Eve and Twitch got long-lasting stealth even after being revealed. Vayne has moderate mobility. Talon can juke quite well, as can Kat. Akali NEEDS her shroud to juke well and with her being seen, she's screwed. She has no way to blink or any long-lasting escape mobility. She's one of the worst picks for Dominion. Period. I hate people who choose her. >_>

I feel u bro. Ppl dont know how to build and keep spamimg that Akali is OP on Dominion.

Bearacolypse

Recruiter

09-28-2011

People sometimes ***** at me for playing Leblanc then state Akali is OP in the next statement and I generally have the "How are you so dumb?" face. Leblanc does the burst with out relying on stealth and lifesteal.

JayceJa

09-29-2011

akali is so insane because even if you can see akali, she can take out a majority of champions 1v1 easily, and 1v1 matches are very common and define dominion

every time akali screws with our team, its because shes able to burst a single champion down with ease, and when we send 2 to stop her, we are down a man at other capture points, not because of the invisibility

brainlizard

09-29-2011

Akali is OP. I often crush face when I play her.

As another poster said, it's pretty easy to keep tabs on enemy items and know when you can shroud and when you can't. And if I don't know, I assume they can see me.

It's not her invis that's OP, it's her ult.

Mísanthropic

09-29-2011

Quote:
Hugs From Momma:
The problem is people are bad and don't buy the counter-items no matter how often you tell them.

I beg to differ. In one instance I remember vs'ing Akali, I had plenty of health, mr, armor, and even dodge, and yet still I kept getting blown up by Akali in about 3-4 hits. I was holding tab and going, "How the fff-...?!?!" Her items didn't seem like much, but her skills just somehow obliterated me regardless.