Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Regarding the "Akali OP in Dominion" Threads

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

standin

09-28-2011

Quote:
ManaBananaKrill:
She's pretty much absolute **** on Dominion. Every Akali I've seen, which is most every game, I completely stomp. Because Lightbringer and other items completely make her useless. And I tell my teammates to buy such items and they never do. Soon as more people in the general populous realize how much she sucks in this game mode, the better we can move on with our lives.

I tell people who play Akali to switch the hell out of it or we'll just lose. And every Akali I've ended up playing with on my team feeds because it's the enemy that knows how to counter her. Not to mention they (the Akali's on my team) all think Dom is about kills and not CAPTURING AND HOLDING.
At least with Shaco he has a built-in blink for escape. and Eve can still find a way to slink away since her stealth is much more perm. than Akalis.
Funnily enough, the anti-stealth items hurt Akali more than any other stealth character in the game.

Shaco's got blink. Eve and Twitch got long-lasting stealth even after being revealed. Vayne has moderate mobility. Talon can juke quite well, as can Kat. Akali NEEDS her shroud to juke well and with her being seen, she's screwed. She has no way to blink or any long-lasting escape mobility. She's one of the worst picks for Dominion. Period. I hate people who choose her. >_>

Cannot upvote this enough.

Melogrunty

09-28-2011

I played Akali, got almost 2k score from going 27/3 and barely capping/neutralizing points. Told my friends I wouldn't play her again so they get a fair chance to earn first place w/ a non-assassin

EDIT: Didn't even need shroud so sweeper or lightbringer doesn't matter.. lol at downvotes.

Hugs From Momma

09-28-2011

The problem is people are bad and don't buy the counter-items no matter how often you tell them.

Pixie Styx

09-28-2011

Quote:
ManaBananaKrill:
Game is not about kills. And it sounds like you're facing bads.

I don't place first every game because I run around farming kills. I get first place because my burst and mobility allows me to capture and defend points extremely quickly. I'm always close to the top in defenses and captures, as well as kills. That's why my score is so high.

And people building hextech sweepers and lightbringers doesn't completely shut me down like some people act like it will. Good akali players know they can't rely on their shroud to save them in A LOT of situations in dominion. It's all about knowing which fights you can safely engage in and which you cannot.

Argotto

09-28-2011

There are items that will reveal people. Wards are not needed, and akali is quite easy to deal with in this mode because of those items. People just refuse to buy them.

Duskofdead

09-28-2011

Quote:
NabiscoFantastic:
I mained akali on SR for about 2 months and got really good with her. I picked her up again for dominion because I knew the map would really fit her play style and after playing about 20 games with her I have to say I think she is a bit too strong.

Out of those 20 games or so that I've played her in dominion I've been first place on my team in at least 15 of them. The only champions who can really put me down 1v1 are lee sin and jax.

Which brings up another issue, the score massively overvalues kda and after that, caps, which caps will largely come as a side effect of being able to kill enemy champions. If you sit on a cap and defend it all game, you will be 4th or 5th, and your KDA will be like 2/8/3 because no one who can't kill you will try to attack you, and the only times you'll fight it'll be 3-4 people diving your cap.

I honestly don't understand why the point defense doesn't proc for more like +15 points or something, seeing as how that's a critical part of the game, and all the current score system does is let the Jax who did absolutely nothing but fight in the jungle all game start insulting everyone else because "look at my score."

Bump N Grind

09-28-2011

Quote:
ManaBananaKrill:
She's pretty much absolute **** on Dominion. Every Akali I've seen, which is most every game, I completely stomp. Because Lightbringer and other items completely make her useless. And I tell my teammates to buy such items and they never do. Soon as more people in the general populous realize how much she sucks in this game mode, the better we can move on with our lives.

I tell people who play Akali to switch the hell out of it or we'll just lose. And every Akali I've ended up playing with on my team feeds because it's the enemy that knows how to counter her. Not to mention they (the Akali's on my team) all think Dom is about kills and not CAPTURING AND HOLDING.
At least with Shaco he has a built-in blink for escape. and Eve can still find a way to slink away since her stealth is much more perm. than Akalis.
Funnily enough, the anti-stealth items hurt Akali more than any other stealth character in the game.

Shaco's got blink. Eve and Twitch got long-lasting stealth even after being revealed. Vayne has moderate mobility. Talon can juke quite well, as can Kat. Akali NEEDS her shroud to juke well and with her being seen, she's screwed. She has no way to blink or any long-lasting escape mobility. She's one of the worst picks for Dominion. Period. I hate people who choose her. >_>

lol yea this is pretty much it, I was one of those Akalis. Thought they couldnt see me but I was wrong xD

GrandBreaker

09-28-2011

Quote:
Bump N Grind:
After playing Akali in Dominion I can say that yea she is still pretty strong in her burst BUT THAT IS ALL SHE HAS.

Next, majority of fights happen near or around a capture point which has stealth detection, making her only defensive ability useless when she's attacking your cap points. Not to mention new items such as the Light Bringer just render going invisible completely useless.

What's left? A high amount of burst damage which is why people still play her for Dominion.

Again this is only regarding QQ about Dominion Akali, NOT SR or TT.

Generally "Burst" is what matters in Dominion. And I have yet to actually see people USE these new items like Light Bringer, Whatever Its Called Sweeper, and that Priscella thing.

GrandBreaker

09-28-2011

Quote:
Bump N Grind:
lol yea this is pretty much it, I was one of those Akalis. Thought they couldnt see me but I was wrong xD

Bushes are hard.

Hobocop

09-28-2011

Bushes don't do anything vs the reveal mechanics of Sweeper/Lightbringer.