Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Regarding the "Akali OP in Dominion" Threads

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bump N Grind

09-28-2011

After playing Akali in Dominion I can say that yea she is still pretty strong in her burst BUT THAT IS ALL SHE HAS.

What do I mean? Well for starters the Crystal Scar Aura reduces healing effects by 20%. Therefore Akali can no longer Q tons of her HP back with Spellvamp until she has a fairly high amount of AP and Spellvamp.

Next, majority of fights happen near or around a capture point which has stealth detection, making her only defensive ability useless when she's attacking your cap points. Not to mention new items such as the Light Bringer just render going invisible completely useless.

What's left? A high amount of burst damage which is why people still play her for Dominion.

Again this is only regarding QQ about Dominion Akali, NOT SR or TT.

Pixie Styx

09-28-2011

I mained akali on SR for about 2 months and got really good with her. I picked her up again for dominion because I knew the map would really fit her play style and after playing about 20 games with her I have to say I think she is a bit too strong.

Out of those 20 games or so that I've played her in dominion I've been first place on my team in at least 15 of them. The only champions who can really put me down 1v1 are lee sin and jax.

urmamasllama

09-28-2011

i played her once on dominion and i felt so dirty afterwards

ManaBananaKrill

09-28-2011

She's pretty much absolute **** on Dominion. Every Akali I've seen, which is most every game, I completely stomp. Because Lightbringer and other items completely make her useless. And I tell my teammates to buy such items and they never do. Soon as more people in the general populous realize how much she sucks in this game mode, the better we can move on with our lives.

I tell people who play Akali to switch the hell out of it or we'll just lose. And every Akali I've ended up playing with on my team feeds because it's the enemy that knows how to counter her. Not to mention they (the Akali's on my team) all think Dom is about kills and not CAPTURING AND HOLDING.
At least with Shaco he has a built-in blink for escape. and Eve can still find a way to slink away since her stealth is much more perm. than Akalis.
Funnily enough, the anti-stealth items hurt Akali more than any other stealth character in the game.

Shaco's got blink. Eve and Twitch got long-lasting stealth even after being revealed. Vayne has moderate mobility. Talon can juke quite well, as can Kat. Akali NEEDS her shroud to juke well and with her being seen, she's screwed. She has no way to blink or any long-lasting escape mobility. She's one of the worst picks for Dominion. Period. I hate people who choose her. >_>

ManaBananaKrill

09-28-2011

Quote:
NabiscoFantastic:
I mained akali on SR for about 2 months and got really good with her. I picked her up again for dominion because I knew the map would really fit her play style and after playing about 20 games with her I have to say I think she is a bit too strong.

Out of those 20 games or so that I've played her in dominion I've been first place on my team in at least 15 of them. The only champions who can really put me down 1v1 are lee sin and jax.

Game is not about kills. And it sounds like you're facing bads.

IronManZ

09-28-2011

Invisibility without wards to counter.

Free gold gain without needing to farm so she can finish items (which is a big issue in Summoner's Rift, since she would have a lot of trouble farming against a good ranged harasser - which is also what makes heroes like Jax more powerful in Dominion).

Tons of single target burst with low cooldown and an "infinite" resource in a game where skirmishes are almost always 1x1, 2x2, and rarely 3x3, is a big sign of being overpowered.

ManaBananaKrill

09-28-2011

Quote:
IronManZ:

Free gold gain without needing to farm so she can finish items (which is a big issue in Summoner's Rift, since she would have a lot of trouble farming against a good ranged harasser - which is also what makes heroes like Jax more powerful in Dominion).

Tons of single target burst with low cooldown and an "infinite" resource in a game where skirmishes are almost always 1x1, 2x2, and rarely 3x3, is a big sign of being overpowered.

>_>

PingasChampion

09-28-2011

Quote:
IronManZ:

Oracle's that lasts for 5 (read it - 5, not 3 like a STATIC ward) minutes even after you die for just about the price of a vision ward? Also Akali's "infinite" resource is spent after 2 bursts. So l2p, and since you're at it learn about dominion's anti stealth items. Just saiyan

Buru Diman

09-28-2011

Buy Lightbringer/Hextech Sweeper.
See how Akali wastes energy when she uses her veil.
Other than than, she is as OP as the rest of the assassins in this mode (Poppy, Jax, Xin Zhao).

Ragnarocket

09-28-2011

People are still getting used to some of the new items like Lightbringer I feel...that truly destoys any Akali I come against. It's actually kind of funny as most of the Akali's I've faced rage pretty hard about such things.

Example: Playing Ashe last night and my first item was a Lightbringer since they had a Twitch, Shaco, and Akali. I decimated the Akali first few times she tried to shroud and she actually raged at me in chat asking "How the **** can you SEE ME!?". All I said was "Lightbringer" and got called a cheap b****. Proceeded to stomp her everytime she tried that trick again...

Just realize that Riot built some items so you don't have this problem.