Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


First Impressions of Dominion...

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocolyptos

Recruiter

09-28-2011

Extremely freaking fun! For the most part, I've yet to play a game where I wasn't having fun, and I really like not having to block potentially an hour out of my day for a single game! Although, I feel like I only understand the game mode at a basic level, but I would really like to start thinking like a competitive player for season 2. I have some video footage & commentary of me playing at youtube.com/OSWguild

Please go check those out and give me some feedback on anything I could be doing better; gameplay wise and video wise! Thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lilacs

Senior Member

09-28-2011

Makes me want to yank my hair out 90% of the time if I go in solo. As a friend put it, it's like solo queue distilled. It's great fun if your team knows what to do but if they don't.. oh boy.

I do have fun playing it with a full or near full group though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishy Xander

Senior Member

09-28-2011

those games ending 0-1 to the other team, so sad, but super exciting when played.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocolyptos

Recruiter

09-28-2011

Yeah, I could see that. It's like playing Battlefield! If you play solo, you're bound to get a crappy team... But if you play with a group that knows what to do, you can really pull off some amazing strategies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocolyptos

Recruiter

09-28-2011

Quote:
oddme:
those games ending 0-1 to the other team, so sad, but super exciting when played.


ikr!?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocolyptos

Recruiter

09-28-2011

lol? Someone just down voted everything in the thread... they must not like peoples opinions... Must be one of those ragers that go 0/16 and keep complaining about someone else doing really bad!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sirturkey1

Senior Member

09-28-2011

It's a great way to blow off steam. SR will remain the more competitive map but Dominion allows you to get a quick awesome game in. My favorite game so far is coming back from a 120-2 deficit and winning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocolyptos

Recruiter

09-28-2011

Quote:
sirturkey1:
It's a great way to blow off steam. SR will remain the more competitive map but Dominion allows you to get a quick awesome game in. My favorite game so far is coming back from a 120-2 deficit and winning.


Yeah, I had one of those games yesterday; totally epic!

I could see how Dominion could become really huge with the e-sports crowd; mostly because it requires a ton of team play to win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Rick

Member

09-28-2011

Even with ****ty teams is fun. Hell compare ****ty teams in Dominion to SR

SR - ****ty team feeds, then starts making opposing champs op, you start getting rolled in your lane. You get so angry you want to surrender. They don't want to surrender out of being stubborn, you have to afk or quit only after 20 up to 60 min into a game that you already feel you are going to lose. yaatatatata

Dominion - ****ty team feeds, you get fed just as easilly, everyone dies everyone gets gold and items, you can actually buy something to stop someone else instead of repeatedly getting rolled, bad teammates can still pull it back by capturing positions while they arent dead, distracting other enemies while you go capture a point.

Aka Dominion is more fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocolyptos

Recruiter

09-28-2011

Quote:
Sir Rick:
Even with ****ty teams is fun. Hell compare ****ty teams in Dominion to SR

SR - ****ty team feeds, then starts making opposing champs op, you start getting rolled in your lane. You get so angry you want to surrender. They don't want to surrender out of being stubborn, you have to afk or quit only after 20 up to 60 min into a game that you already feel you are going to lose. yaatatatata

Dominion - ****ty team feeds, you get fed just as easilly, everyone dies everyone gets gold and items, you can actually buy something to stop someone else instead of repeatedly getting rolled, bad teammates can still pull it back by capturing positions while they arent dead, distracting other enemies while you go capture a point.

Aka Dominion is more fun.


Although crude, this is a great summery of the game type lol.


12