Class actrion lawsuit if not recieved by end of month.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oscard

09-28-2011

Who else, has thought of this/looked into making it happen? We have well over 1000 people who are in the same boat. Supposedly, we are to receive this refund BY the END OF SEPTEMBER. Well Riot has two days. I think at which point they break their agreement.

No offense Riot, love you guys. But your customer services blows. I hate having to come back to this place to check up on this refund we are all supposed to receive.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-28-2011

unfortunately they're not bound to do it. the EULA clearly states that they may stop providing the service at any time for no reason, and you accepted that. legally, they're safe. they offered us a refund even if they weren't bound to do it. as always, they'll be late.

iamriddik

09-28-2011

you have no legal right to sue, assuming you accepted the EULA and actually played the game. Riot has no obligation to refund you in any way, shape, of form.

EULA sec. 9
"You acknowledge and agree that Riot Games, in its sole and absolute discretion, may stop providing support for or access to the Game at any time, for any reason or no reason."

terms of use sec. 4 part b
"You acknowledge and agree that such Game Assets are accumulated as part of your Account and therefore you shall have no ownership or other property interest in any of those Game Assets. You further acknowledge and agree that Riot Games has the right, but not the obligation, to delete, alter, move, remove, or transfer any and all Game Assets, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice to you, and with no liability of any kind to you. Riot Games does not provide or guarantee, and expressly disclaims any value, cash or otherwise, attributed to any data residing on servers operated by Riot Games, including without limitation the Game Assets associated with your Account."

so sit quietly and wait.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-28-2011

riddik _ my post still counts as ninja.

YSfighter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Sigh. No wonder Windows users think we're stupid and elitist. When people post things like this it's hard not to.

Fishyswaze

09-28-2011

Why do people complain about this so much. There is still a way to play on a mac AND now we are getting a free champion bundle? Don't ***** about this, be happy they're doing something they are by no means required to give us.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyswaze View Post
Why do people complain about this so much. There is still a way to play on a mac AND now we are getting a free champion bundle? Don't ***** about this, be happy they're doing something they are by no means required to give us.
i'm perfectly fine atm, even without the champ pack. still, some people want their money back and Riot promised them it would be possible. if they don't keep their promise to the players they have screwed, i'll scream and fight and turn tables as much as i can until they finally do it.

that's why i "***** about it".

not with lawsuits ofc, it's silly/stupid/useless, but otherwise i am free to show my frustration about the attitude of a company as much as i want i guess.
next time, i may be the one who's being ignored and buttf****d, and i'd like people to give some support instead of telling me "stfu and be grateful they are using lube".

Anne Bancroft

09-28-2011

But this is america!
I can sue people who ruin my shoes with their gum on the sidewalk

Flame of Udun

09-28-2011

False Advertisement.

Anne Bancroft

09-28-2011

They could promise us all millions of dollars and all the skins and never do it and the only problem would be loss of credibility.

That's it.