Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I was told that Brand was bad....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basist

09-28-2011

in champ select after I said I was going to play him. Then the two players who said he was bad chose Ryze and Kassadin. Since we had enough AP, I didn't want to make the other team get mostly MR to gimp us so I went AD. Guess what they both completed as their 2nd item? Archangels. Ryze had a catalyst/chain vest and Kassadin had a Rabadon. Zero hp/survivability/cdr in 8k+ of gold on Kass and only a catalyst for Ryze when we were fighting an Annie, Nunu, and Xin, and they had the nerve to tell me Brand was bad....lol

They think Brand is worse on Dominion, even after the fact I reminded their thick skulls that because no one really gets flash anymore so his abilities are much easier to land. Decent range on Sear and Pillar is a good point defender/assault skill to keep in mind as well. Lastly with the smaller skirmishes in Dominion it means his ult can bounce off 2-3 champs instead of a whole team meaning it's more effective. All they did was laugh...

Some players logic is really terrible, I don't get it.

Ruusaan

09-28-2011

... What's wrong with those item selections, exactly? Guarantee you the other team is building all offense too.

Oh, and Brand is a good pick, anyhow. Rapes face.

Basist

09-28-2011

Their Annie, Xin, and Nunu would roam together, but with zero survivability all Ryze/Kass would do is get nuked. Should I have mentioned that for the first 10 minutes they kept trying to 1v2/1v3?

I guess it's not *so* much the item selection, but two mages calling Brand bad and then failing miserably is just downright silly. Kassadin needs cooldown, especially against other casters. With 8k+ worth of gold, ours had zero. I counted it and he couldn't Riftwalk even 3 1/2 seconds after his first one. That's bad.

Oh well off to try Brand for the first time on Dom.

Ruusaan

09-28-2011

Ah, well getting ganked by 3 people consistently is problem. Investing in Odyn's might have been wise. xD

Basist

09-28-2011

Sadly it only took Ryze 14 minutes to finally get his, and it was over after the first 5. Woo for 4 man caps leaving everything else defenseless while I'm guarding against 3 people.....as Yi.

srsizzy

09-28-2011

Brand is still one of the best AP carries. Anyone that doesn't know this is bad at the game, ignore them.

Salathiel

09-28-2011

I played with a Brand in Dominion once and he was just as deadly as ever. So anyone saying "omfg brand is teh sukz" is a liar and there is no truth in him

Krackor

09-28-2011

Quote:
Ruusaan:
... What's wrong with those item selections, exactly? Guarantee you the other team is building all offense too.

Oh, and Brand is a good pick, anyhow. Rapes face.

In my experience, casters on dominion are vastly more effective when built tanky for sustained damage. Rod of Ages, Rylais, Frozen Heart, etc. Compared to SR, you're less likely to have many teammates around to protect you as you dish out your glass cannon burst combo, so you need the defense to live.

You also need to be useful more consistently than in SR since fights are more frequent than the single pivotal baron fight where one ult combo decides the outcome. You might kill one guy in Dominion with a glass cannon burst combo, but then die 15 seconds later when your cooldowns and health aren't topped off.

Gerild

09-28-2011

Quote:
Krackor:
In my experience, casters on dominion are vastly more effective when built tanky for sustained damage. Rod of Ages, Rylais, Frozen Heart, etc. Compared to SR, you're less likely to have many teammates around to protect you as you dish out your glass cannon burst combo, so you need the defense to live.

Lux with a Rylai's and a Rod of Ages, too good. 3 bases covered with lazer! hit a lil CDR and no worries about keepin a 3 cap going.

Basist

09-28-2011

30%+ Cooldown on Brand is amazing. It's really hard for me to not get a Morello's Tome on him, or now in Dominion since there are more dps a Frozen Heart will do the trick. 3-4 second Sear to good.