Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1st place means nothing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renegade Glitch

09-28-2011

despite coming in 1st or 2nd every game, caping atleast 3 more points then anyone on my team, and defneding/inturrupting captures constantly, I cant seem to win a dominion game

any advice on what to do to turn that around?

Renegade Glitch

09-28-2011

bump for assistance!

GwynApNudd

09-28-2011

You can't do it by yourself, but try taking a good defensive player and holding the windmill. Then hope your team gets the idea. Alistar is free (youtube promotion thing) and a good defender. Lots of caps doesn't necessarily mean your holding towers a lot. In fact, if you do really well, your score will be horrible because no one will ever cap your tower.

IllusionOfDeath

09-28-2011

get better teammates with the power of luck

Basist

09-28-2011

Yeah, I only manage to get about 900 point average wins as Soraka because I mostly defend points after capping/assisting. I will help a kill on a point, start to cap and then go to defend another and just let my teammate finish it. I get at least 10 Martyr's a game, Soraka is such a fun defender.

Alas being a defending roamer really doesn't give you many points

bourbonowns

09-28-2011

play AP ezreal, never lose.

simplygnome

09-28-2011

Yup points be ****ed. The perfect game is like, 800-900 pts, just because Ill be pushing lanes with promote, then going back to defend, keeping someone floating in case they group up, so they can go help.

I hang out a lot in the forest right above the powerups and to the left, to support the WM and our mid point.

TiddleyKong

09-28-2011

Ya honestly if your whole team isn't doing well you will always have a lot of points from re-capping points

WagBoss

09-28-2011

i dont even... there's a 1st and 2nd place on BOTH TEAMS. SO EVERY SINGLE GAME THERE IS SOMEONE WHO LOSES WHO GETS 1st.

EvEsight

09-28-2011

Well like a super pro smug high ELO player would say: If you are good you will win