Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Garrison is terrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0J0E

09-28-2011

Stop me if you've heard this one: one defender is trying to protect a point from two enemies. Right as the enemies move in he puts Garrison on his tower. One enemy attacks the defender while the other enemy immediately starts capping the point, thus negating the Garrison completely. When the defender is almost dead, the two enemies gang up and finish him off, then resume capping the point.

Fortify makes the towers invulnerable to damage; why can't Garrison make the tower invulnerable to captures while it's active? If the spell was tweaked this way then I could see it being actually helpful, but the way it is right now it's almost completely useless. Or if you do want to keep the spell the way it is, at least drastically lower its cooldown so I don't feel like I'm wasting a summoner spell every time I use it.

Tautochrone

09-28-2011

Stop being bad...run away so they think you're just giving the two of them a free cap. Once they both start channeling, run out of the bushes, hit them both to disrupt...then put up Garrison. It'll melt someone before they can begin to cap again.

moonbagel

Recruiter

09-28-2011

Quote:
Tautochrone:
Stop being bad...run away so they think you're just giving the two of them a free cap. Once they both start channeling, run out of the bushes, hit them both to disrupt...then put up Garrison. It'll melt someone before they can begin to cap again.

Pretty much this. It is amazing for shutting down 1v2 situations if you arrive just before it gets capped.

Situational, but very clutch when timed correctly.

Mephew

09-28-2011

I just figure it should continue attacking while being captured.

Dark Lord Zorc

09-28-2011

when you put garrison up you should always target the person capping, one attack stops the capping. just keep going back and forth while the tower deals damage to them

PTL

09-28-2011

The very act of useing garrison interupts there caping. So waith till they try to cap pop garison and they will be locked out from trying to cap for the duration.

FullMetalAce0

09-28-2011

Love me some garrison

Ayestes

09-28-2011

You have to focus on interrupting both of the champions and kiting them around the tower when you use Garrison. If you get the defensive mastery of Garrison.... then it's even more ridiculous. Not to mention, even if your too far back, you can use Garrison to actually interrupt their channels. The regeneration is also pretty pivotal in a myriad of circumstances.

Garrison is also ridiculously useful in tower diving, as it basically makes the tower worthless for the duration. Pivotal for trying to dislodge a Tank or AP from a point.

Not everyone should be running with Garrison though. It seems Ghost, Exhaust, and Garrison are my leading contenders for general purpose use.

Goshdarnit

09-28-2011

Garrison is good but it should increase tower range as well. Too often people just take a step back and avoid 100% of the increase damage.

Cronixzero

09-28-2011

im with op garrison is rubbish and i have stopped using it