Anivia Boots Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primo Victor

09-28-2011

I recently decided that I like Anivia enough to make her my main Champion from now on. My question is something I keep testing but am not sure what is actually best yet. Which Boots should Anivia use? Mercury Treads, Sorcerer's Shoes, or maybe even Boots of Swiftness because she is so slow?

So far I have played more with the SS than the MT but can't seem to decide. Most tutorials on her say to use SS but mention MT are a good alternative.
Any insight to which and why would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JB

AtrumViscus

09-28-2011

TLDR- boots of lucidity. Its the difference between R+E+Q+E=300g and R+E+Q=harassment.

While some ppl care about "balanced builds" and "survivability" your q+e combo will half kill+stun anyone who dares mess with you. When have you ever needed CC reduction on her?

I maximized magic pen runes for 19 MP. No SS for me…

So that leaves Lucidity. Lower CDs means throwing that icicle more.

FaerellG

09-28-2011

Sorc Shoes.

You're squishy, so even if you reduce CC by 25% you're still probably dead, so no on Merc Treads
And I don't think the move speed boost from Swiftness is worth it compared to the Magic Pen.

I used to run Swiftness because I hated her slow speed. But I'm realizing that if I have the extra Magic Pen, I don't really need to be running away. I have flash for that, and a wall, and a stun ball. If that doesn't get me away, I don't think extra MS will.

Also, the 3 MS quints I pack tend to be sufficient MS enhancement.

Edit: Above poster is right. Lucidity is an excellent choice. Anivia's build doesn't leave much room for CDR items since you want to be building mostly AP.
I've noticed that the 2 second CD on E some times lets them get away. I have 2 moves that puts frost on them, but only 1 that nukes. If I can land a double nuke, that will melt most everyone. I'm going to start running Lucidity now. I also pack CDR blues on my runepage.

Amatzikahni

09-28-2011

I haven't tried Lucidity because I only play Anivia when no one else on my team is a Blue user, and runes+masteries+Blue = 39.89% CDR. I prefer Sorc, RoA, Guise, RoA as the first four completions and that's plenty of every stat necessary to keep you deadly even after they all get BV's (Rabadon's is sometimes slipped in before the second RoA; most of the time I initiate so I need the bigger buffer). If I know our jungler or someone else needs Blue, most likely I won't play Anivia, but Lucidity could work in that case; you'd want a Void Staff because that probably means you have 2.5 AP so they'll be stacking MR.

Catters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Lucidity or Merc, depending on how many stuns the enemy team has.

Wuumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Sorc Shoes or Lucidity, depending on how much CDR you want. It's pretty important to get a full combo off (including 2 E's) but it's difficult to get 20 MPen elsewhere - Haunting Guise is too weak to be a real consideration. Grabbing Sorc Shoes early and swapping for Lucidity late-game after a Void Staff is a good plan.

You don't need Mercs, as anything that manages to you CC is probably going to kill you regardless of how long it lasts. If you're really having a problem with CC, a QSS is your best bet, as Anivia farms well and has good enough ratios that she can detour for 1440g mid-late game. Ideally you just let someone else eat the CC or you stay back far enough that they can't target you lest they face the wrath of your melee. A Banshee's Veil is also a decent alternative, it's less reliable but has Health & Mana for an extra ~1000g.

I wouldn't recommend Swiftness. Anivia is slow, but the extra speed isn't going to let her escape a bruiser, and she should be able to cause enemy ranged to explode. Crystalize (the wall) and her slows should be enough to keep people in the death zone, especially given Glacial Storm's instant cast time.

skillpatrick

09-28-2011

it should depend on enemy team comp... as pretty much everyone above mentioned though Sorcs and Lucidity are your best bets

Sorc- if your up against a tanky team

lucidity- all the rest of the time

ToobeZ

09-28-2011

MS quints make boots of swiftness worthless, as you can outrun anyone with mercs using 2 speed boots and 3 MS quints.

Ionians are alright, but it's really pushing it. They only become worth it if you are able to land TWO e's in one combo, which would probably mean getting closer, using E into R to chill, Q'ing them to keep them in ult, then walling them to stall so your nuke can hit them again. if you cannot pull that off, ionians are worthless.

Sorcerer's shoes increase your damage by a decent amount in lane, so that's why I like them, doing more damage per E is better than sometimes (or almost never) getting the nuts and hitting them with E twice.

Primo Victor

09-28-2011

Cool thanks for all of the feedback.

I think I am going to go with SS and my first buy has been the Void Staff. Extra Penetration is nice. My E has been taking half off champions after Q.

Thanks again.

Wuumaster

09-28-2011

I think the standard solo lane Anivia build is Sapphire into Catalyst, Boots 1, Tear of the Goddess, Rod of Ages, Sorc Shoes, Archangel's Staff. However, that's a ton of gold and requires both a decent lane matchup and a skilled player to farm well enough in order to purchase those items quickly enough to be relevent. I wouldn't recommend a Void Staff as a first item (past boots), try for a Deathcap or Rod of Ages instead. Void Staff is good, but better off in the late game IMO. Sorc shoes should be enough MPen for the early-mid game when combined with Mpen marks and/or Quints.