Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Use of tanks...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zblugg

09-28-2011

I've noticed not a lot pf people like to use tanks in Dominion.

Yet a couple days ago, I had a game where we had both an Alistar and a Leona (me) on the team, and let me tell you those towers were easily defended, once we got used to the dual-tank thing. Capping was somewhat harder, but once we got the towers, we got them for good.

We turned around a losing 76-280 game into a 71-0 victory. That was quite the game.

So.

Anyone using tanks in Dominion?

Soramaru

09-28-2011

Cho Gath is great solo bot.

Middies

09-28-2011

Quote:
Zblugg:
I've noticed not a lot pf people like to use tanks in Dominion.

Yet a couple days ago, I had a game where we had both an Alistar and a Leona (me) on the team, and let me tell you those towers were easily defended, once we got used to the dual-tank thing. Capping was somewhat harder, but once we got the towers, we got them for good.

We turned around a losing 76-280 game into a 71-0 victory. That was quite the game.

So.

Anyone using tanks in Dominion?

Sounds like a pretty awesome game.
Yeah i would have to say that tanks are more annoying in dominion than carrys.

Demonskin

09-28-2011

I use Amumu in Dominion alot. I after a few tries figured out building him in tank mode was far more efficient than going for ap/tank because I live longer, despair gets to set in.

DarkenDragon

09-28-2011

well the whole idea of a tank on dominion is to disrupt your enemies while under a capture point. so that when they do try, you go hit them once, and the capture point does most of the damage,

but for a tank to do well, it must have either a way to hit the champions easily (like aoes or quick cooldown abilities or gap closers) and also some way to keep them under the tower to weaken them enough such that they wont be back for a while. and in this mode, time is key since the longer it takes them to capture points, the higher your chances of winning are.

but then this will mean you must have a point captured to be defending, and the tanks should really stay put to defend and not run around (unless they have amazing mobility like rammus)

FullMetalAce0

09-28-2011

Tanks have their usefulness on the CS, but they sometimes lack the relevancy that most people have come to expect of tanks on SR.

Middies

09-28-2011

Quote:
FullMetalAce0:
Tanks have their usefulness on the CS, but they sometimes lack the relevancy that most people have come to expect of tanks on SR.

There point in the field are to stay a defend.
They are able to disrupt captures and endure a **** load of hits.

Mephew

09-28-2011

I use Shen, cho, and alistar. I just bought maoki, so I will need to see. Defending is pretty easy, you can at least take one of the enemy down.

FullMetalAce0

09-28-2011

Quote:
Middies:
There point in the field are to stay a defend.
They are able to disrupt captures and endure a **** load of hits.

Basically this, however I've seen plenty of people whine because they think tanks aren't need because of the lack of "defined" team fights lol

Mihlo

09-28-2011

Tanks are what get dat akili to killing sprees faster