Dominion - Who Else Feels This?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

09-28-2011

Too bad there's still Irelia, Xin Zhao, Master Yi...etc.

Just as strong.

Shjade Nexayre

09-28-2011

At the moment I just think of Dominion as "I don't feel like investing in a real game right now" mode. Games end faster, death timers are stupid short, strategy is almost non-existent (in solo queue) and you don't really have to focus much.

I sorta doubt they're going to balance champions around it much given there's no ranked mode for Dominion. Hopefully that will stay true.

Kestz

09-28-2011

Your team gets 2 bans. There's Rammus, Gangplank, Karthus, Jax, Akali, Heimer and others in need of banning. That means no matter what you do, there will ALWAYS be imbalanced champs the enemy team can choose. Rock-Paper-Scissors between imbalanced champs and lesser champs is no fun at all.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

Chances are,Dominion will get the same balance as TT

as in,only when it completely breaks the game will they nerf a champ.

SquirrelCommando

09-28-2011

Tbh though, it might be time to start looking at like...3-4 bans per team now, with 80 champs available. The increase in bans (0) is not proportional to the increase in champions (every two weeks).

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2011

what's funny is Akali isn't even that OP in Dominion. Have your AD champions get a Lightbringer and she's effectively warded/oracle'd the rest of the game and dies as easily as she does in Summoner's Rift.

About Jax, I agree. He's insanely strong atm in Dominion. In fact, I bought Jax yesterday just because of how bad he was roflstomping. Super easy to learn and play effectively. The hardest part about him is getting the IP to buy the correct runes for him.

brb getting sued

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestz View Post
Gangplank, Karthus
Karthus is good but I don't think he is ban worthy, definitely not on the level of Jax.

I haven't seen a single Gangplank do well in Dominion, his ult is annoying but the cooldown is far too long.

I honestly don't think Heim is that good. He's a very counterpickable champion.

Marth Wagner

09-28-2011

Wow how dumb am i. i forgot there's a draft mode.
My buddy has been doing the invites so i haven't payed much attention to it.

I would never agree to Riot making any balances on champions toward Dominion. But if it weren't the same dumbly op champs in every match it would have the potential to be a really fun game mode for when you dont wanna tryhard or just play around with some buddies. Even some of my friends who don't do too well with classic LoL actually do fine on dominion and they do enjoy it.

I don't personally find Akali to be too much of an issue if you play another high dmg champ and buy some sort of stealth reveal item =)

But for people like Rammus who usually dont die, get one thronmail and can take on your whole team. fight alone you're probably dead too, because even someone as tank as rammus gains the added pen for dominion. hes just one unstoppable force. not to mention healing was cut down, i'm not sure if that affects lifesteal/spellvamp but id imagine it does, meaning you cant even outheal the damage youd do to yourself.. but... it's impossible to just ignore him. I dont know what im getting at here. maybe just that the added pen and reduced healing is unfair when armor and mres arent gonna be cut by half or something like that. That's just one of my rant examples...

I'm either gonna suck it up and accept it as is... or i'm gonna buy Jax the next time i log in just for Dominion. we already have one dude who goes strictly rammus. i was enjoying using ww every game but eh. i'm gonna need some "hm.. i feel like winning right now" champs. lololol

Thanks for all the input, its interesting to see what everybody truly has on their mind.

Draydan

09-28-2011

funny that "artillery" champions not even considered as OP and perma-ban.
Kog, Nidalee, Corki all can hit from afar softening their enemies before direct confrontation.

Also there are some ArPen \ ArReduc items. Did you guys try them versus Rammus?

Shjade Nexayre

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMarth View Post
But for people like Rammus who usually dont die, get one thronmail and can take on your whole team. fight alone you're probably dead too, because even someone as tank as rammus gains the added pen for dominion. hes just one unstoppable force. not to mention healing was cut down, i'm not sure if that affects lifesteal/spellvamp but id imagine it does, meaning you can even outheal the damage youd do to yourself.. but... it's impossible to just ignore him. I dont know what im getting at here. maybe just that the added pen and reduced healing is unfair when armor and mres arent gonna be cut by half or something like that. That's just one of my rant examples...
Try having someone on your team play an AP champ.

Just a thought.

<--person who mostly plays Ryze on Dominion.