Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Black Screen In-Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeCreativity

09-27-2011

i set my ingame quality settings to max to try out my computer and now when i get in a match, its all blank and i cannot do anything. is there a way i can set it to default?

-this is my first time on the forums, hello

BeCreativity

09-28-2011

anything?

rightstuff

09-28-2011

I am also having this problem. It started today on crystal scar when I picked noct. I have no idea if it's related.

Edit: Happens with other champions for me too. My settings are maxed at 1280 x 768

rightstuff

09-28-2011

updated my drivers... still have a black screen. It must be this recent update.

rightstuff

09-28-2011

yea, i'm not playing this again until i see some kind of hotfix. this bug is completely game ruining.

rightstuff

09-28-2011

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/rennbuck/?action=view&current=LoLscreenshot1.png

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like in game. When I tried to take a screen shot full screen, it was just a black screen. Also, some spell effects are invisible. Pantheon's ultimate and nocturne's Q skill trail to name a few.

Devil Slayer 3 C

09-28-2011

Happened to me last night as Noc. Thought it was my video card.

Yeah ,same view.

Sonic Offline

09-28-2011

A quick google told me go to:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG

Open up game.cfg in your favorite text editor and change the settings manually.

I don't have LoL installed to the C:\ directory, and at the same time I don't see that file path where I have it installed to <_<; so something might have changed between when I found those instructions and now. It appears everything that uses a drop-box in-game for settings should be set to 1 for low, such as shadows.

-[EDIT]-

Started snooping around my install and I found:

F:\Games\League of Legends\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.75\deploy\DATA\CFG

Change the drive letter to what you need and proceed as suggested. This might do the trick.

rightstuff

09-28-2011

I did as well, but I've since updated the drivers. Also, it hasn't been a problem until today. I've been playing on the Crystal Scar just fine since release of Dominion, but now it's acting like this. :'(

I also didn't play Nocturne until today...

rightstuff

09-28-2011

What settings are we supposed to be changing?