@Brackhar + ricklessabandon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

12-05-2011

You two are the only reds the dominion forums and community can count on, so I think it is in order we get a thread going to figure out more about you guys and your overall roles and such, similar to threads like @Ezeral and @Morello, and of course aimless fan boi-ism towards you two.

To start off with a question, What is it that draws you two to the Dominion forums when all other rioters seem to avoid it? Are you assigned to these forums, or is it something more?

Phourc

12-05-2011

rickless just plays a lot of dominion xP

Brackhar was in charge of dominion at one point, but since has gone to work on something champion something.

Brackhar

Features Designer

12-05-2011
1 of 6 Riot Posts

I'm the lead designer of Dominion. These days the live team is responsible for its upkeep and direction as I'm working on other projects, but I still keep an ear to the ground to see what issues you guys are having.

Phourc

12-05-2011

The current issue we're having is we're feeling neglected xP

Anything incoming you can share?

Brackhar

Features Designer

12-05-2011
2 of 6 Riot Posts

I'm not part of the live team so unfortunately I'm not up to date on their QA pipeline, thus it's risky for me to say stuff is coming soon or not. My high level priorities right now are:

1) Continue the re-evaluation of the respawn system. We likely need a replacement to the window approach to get rid of some of the odd incentives it creates, but I'm unsure what the correct solution is that still hits the original goals the respawn windows were created to solve.

2) Spice up bot lane some more. My theory is that some small adjustments to how vision is given on the bottom lane may help make the area more palatable to non-standard strats, but talks are ongoing.

3) Add more caster items.

4) Generally try to improve the reinforcement in positive actions. This is an across the board goal that touches on a lot of things - kills, captures, quests, etc. - and extend from subtle UI improvements to larger scale system changes like the respawn rework in #1.

5) Continue to evaluate champion balance and be on watch for whether item solutions are sufficient.

Those are just my priorities though.

Phourc

12-05-2011

Wow... all of those things are awesome.

Thanks! ^^

ShenanigansOKeef

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Those are just my priorities though.
Hi Brackhar,

Wondering if you have any plans to deal with the AFK/Leaver problems in Dominion. I posted a thread about it here in the Dominion forum, but the jist of it is as follows;

Quote:
I am sick to death of games of Dom being ruined by leavers/people who are AFK the whole match. I am not exaggerating when I estimate that one in every three games I play there is a leaver or AFKer either on my team or the enemy team.

At best, the affected team concedes; and allows the enemy to 5-cap them for a 5 to 6 minute win. At worst, the team attempts to play; but gets shut down--even the most well-organised 4-man team can't be in 5 places at once (Granted, I have won at least one game while 4 vs. 5, but there was a massive skill differential, and it took some cheese). There is nothing worse than out-playing a 5-man team as a 4-man team, but losing because there were just too many of them.

Obviously, something needs to be done. And so, I propose the following simple changes;
  • Enable surrender vote within the 1st minute if there is an AFK/Leaver
  • Treat all losses with an AFK/Leaver as "Loss forgiven"
This is a pressing issue, as it ruins Dominion for a lot of people, seeing as Dominion is so finely balanced for 5v5 play. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
Shenanigans O'Keefe

IS1429332aa9b633

12-05-2011

any news about stealth?
Oracle is ineffective, and the only good item is Hextech Sweeper.
Lightbringer is nice to chase stealthed enemies, but you can't escape gank with that...

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

Save for you and rickless we are largely ignored. I thank you for your comments and your priority list but I'd like to hear from someone in the live team about whats to come.

Nekrogen

12-05-2011

Quote:
3) Add more caster items.
This pleases me.

Quote:
2) Spice up bot lane some more. My theory is that some small adjustments to how vision is given on the bottom lane may help make the area more palatable to non-standard strats, but talks are ongoing.
Just as long as you don't take away the feeling of winning bottom and bossing their laner(s) from taking it back from you and/or a teammate.

Adding more FoW leading up to the 2 bushes at bottom would certainly increase the element of surprise from champions that want to come from spawn and gank (instead of having to go ALL the way around to the speed shrine then gank). Of course you can see them entering the point FoW from their spawn strip FoW, but it is a short window of time and not all bottom laners notice this, plus most champs can just dash over the wall and avoid vision entirely. This could easily be countered by aggression and thus revealing the FoW, or using sweeper, or champion abilities, etc. but the concept seems solid enough. I attached an illustration showing where I mean.