Revert Black Shield Ninja Nerf?

Most definitely! 107 56.02%
Keep the nerf, but split the Snare from the Damage on Dark Binding as compensation 26 13.61%
I'll wait to see what Riot can come up with. 12 6.28%
Jax is OP? Better nerf Morgana once more. 46 24.08%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Please Revert Morgana Black Shield Ninja Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesas View Post
I'm confizzled, I thought this was a Morgana is UP QQ thread, not Janna is OP QQ.
Exactly, morg is underpowered and Janna is balanced. The solution to Morg players is to go play as Janna. I'm not saying Janna is OP, just a much more viable champ than Morg. In fact, that's what I'm going to do.

No worries, I still have a use for morgana, whenever someone picks Janna before me or if I'm in a premade and someone else wants to go Janna, there's Morg. I have found the best use for Morgana!

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesas View Post
I'd like both the stealthnerf undone and the snare and damage split up. But if I had to choose I'll go with the snare. Even though BS is her best ability, I dislike being in a game solely to press E.

Edit: While we're at it actually what I would like even more is for the shield to dispel like it used to, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Edit 2: and also, I'd like the debuff prevention and magic damage shield to be split up, but that's probably not going to happen either. Wow! Morgana's really getting 'whipped' by Riot huh.

/sadpanda

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=129804

check my l33t math, it ends up they actually nerfed Morgana by buffing her passive. Man this game is awesome.

Serafan

06-06-2010

Bumping for a good cause. I really started to get into morgana, I knew she wasn't the most effective champion but she had a great niche. I was really happy when I saw the spell vamp buff in the patch, it really makes a noticeable difference to her longevity; but then this happens and it basically makes you wonder the point.

Morgana is already very susceptible to clense, but she also is hurt by flash, ghost, even enfeeble. I don't have a problem with summoner spells being effective against spells, even ultimates but Morgana seems to be impacted more than any other hero. Yes cleanse really hurts Ashe's arrow, but once you get hit you can't flash or ghost to get away, slowing ashe won't change her arrow. I bring this up because ignite was the one summoner spell that Morgana really had an edge over other heroes on.

Merc treads hurt morgana than any other hero, realistically(and of course this is all opinion) merc treads hurt morgana more than any other item for any other hero. A close call would be sword of the divine against Jax on a high physical class, but thats only when used by a certain type of character.

This nerf takes a huge chunk out of her strong points, and what we are left is a hero that is heavily effected by an item anyone can get, by more summoner spells than anyone else, and who had a strong point against debuffers which has now been drastically nerfed.

eronar

06-06-2010

Morgana is fine...

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eronar View Post
Morgana is fine...
Clearly you don't play her. One of the most commonly purchased items almost completely shuts her down, and the one ability she had that wasn't affected by said item got nerfed. How is that in any way "fine"?

AA247

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Clearly you don't play her. One of the most commonly purchased items almost completely shuts her down, and the one ability she had that wasn't affected by said item got nerfed. How is that in any way "fine"?
cleanse has always shut her down.

eronar

06-06-2010

That isnt a nerf, its a bugfix. Why should the shield block damage debuffs, it already absorbs damage. That debuf is there only to show you that you are going to take/taking damage nothing more. I dont care about summoner spells, they are unique thus there can be exceptions for them. And she is balanced around merc threads and not dealing her max potential damage. She would be super op if her spells werent easily avoidable. She has nice disables and high ap ratios and a ''still'' great support ability. If you want to see her maximum potential rely on your teammates. The only buff she can have is seperating the damage and snare on dark binding, nothing more. And that would actually be a fix instead of a buff.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

06-07-2010

"Quadra-Bump!!!!!"
"Dominating!!"
"You have Bumped a thread!"

Eltrotraw

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA247 View Post
cleanse has always shut her down.
He's referring to Merc Treads.

Even then, Merc Treads are clearly an item, while Cleanse is clearly a summoner spell.

I don't know how you manage to confuse the concept between "item" and "spell".

shinypointyhelm

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eronar View Post
That isnt a nerf, its a bugfix. Why should the shield block damage debuffs, it already absorbs damage. That debuf is there only to show you that you are going to take/taking damage nothing more. I dont care about summoner spells, they are unique thus there can be exceptions for them. And she is balanced around merc threads and not dealing her max potential damage. She would be super op if her spells werent easily avoidable. She has nice disables and high ap ratios and a ''still'' great support ability. If you want to see her maximum potential rely on your teammates. The only buff she can have is seperating the damage and snare on dark binding, nothing more. And that would actually be a fix instead of a buff.
Because sometimes damage debuffs have secondary effects.

Like Ignite, one of the more common summoner spells.

We realize this may be a bugfix. Having said that, balance implications should be taken into consideration.