Revert Black Shield Ninja Nerf?

Most definitely! 107 56.02%
Keep the nerf, but split the Snare from the Damage on Dark Binding as compensation 26 13.61%
I'll wait to see what Riot can come up with. 12 6.28%
Jax is OP? Better nerf Morgana once more. 46 24.08%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Please Revert Morgana Black Shield Ninja Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aquifn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Rose View Post
Morgana needs buffs in other places, not in her shield.

The problem is that Morgana (with her old shield) can put her shield on a target and completely **** over a few champions. No other skill can counter a champion quite so hard and can be put on any of your teammates. The old implementation screwed over fiddlesticks entirely, it screwed over zilean, it screwed over teemo, and it would screw over Malzahar harder than anything you can imagine.

I agree that nerfing her without buffing her was a bad idea, but reverting the shield is not the way to go.

The changes earlier to Tainted Soil and Dark Binding didn't help much either. Yeah, DB has a shorter Cooldown, but think of this: They made Tainted Soil do most of it's damage at the end... and they made Dark Binding shorter. How did they think that was a good idea, again?

Riot just doesn't seem to know what to do with Morgana.
It didn't screw any of those people over. They were smart, they burst the bubble first, and then did their work. To say that it complete negated them is just silly. It made them play smarter, and there is nothing wrong with that. You have to play smart as Morgana as well. You have to try and time your shields perfectly, or else they're just blown through and the long CD means mostly ignored.

Any decent player of those champs new this, and adjusted play style accordingly. Your argument is also flawed in that you're suggested those people should have no counter, when in fact several other champions have the ability to do so already. You're also suggesting that the slowest, most anti-equiped champion in the game should have no real support ability while being just that, a support class. Morgana's shield took VERY LITTLE to blow up, and higher levels of play meant adapting and blowing up the shield before using CC.

-There were no complaints about her shield anywhere when the nerf was implemented-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Some of you may not be aware that Morgana's Black Shield took a significant nerf to it's effectiveness and usefulness in the May 11th patch. It still prevents CC effects and shields the target from Magic damage, but it no longer prevents the application of debuffs (such as Teemo's Shrooms, Zilean's Bombs, and Ignite). These debuffs will now begin eroding the shield, rather than being prevented like they previously were. This change impacts Morgana very hard, after the already impairing nerf to Soul Shackles AP ratio distribution.

This is not the first time Morgana has been unnecessarily nerfed. Several months ago, the slow debuff for many spells was split from the damage debuff of many spells, like Teemo's Shrooms, to prevent Highlander and Merc Treads from reducing/negating their damage when they were not intended to. Meanwhile, Morgana's Dark Binding was not changed to match. This cut her already circumstantial damage potential by a large margin. Dark Binding itself was dealing 40% less damage from just the snare-reducing Merc Treads passive, not even counting the MR. Because of the reduced duration, Tormented Soil also becomes partially negated, because the unit Bound to it will just walk away, receiving only 1 or 2 ticks of damage after Dark Binding wears off.

For a long time, Morgana has been disproportionately affected by changes made to her. The Black Shield changes are no different. The one thing keeping truly Morgana useful has been taken away. Now she has fallen to a very low tier of usefulness.

Please, for the sake of fallen angels everywhere, revert this unjust change.

This is just my thread but smaller

GO support mine here, ill go ahead and quote you!! We can combine it into one megathread on the issue! Morgana has more problems then just dark binding and the shield, and i took a long time to address them all!!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=129081

Also that's BS i say they put it back, fix dark binding and fix all her other spells too! I don't see a vote option for that!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
Also that's BS i say they put it back, fix dark binding and fix all her other spells too! I don't see a vote option for that!
Of course she needs all of her spells fixed, but people would complain about it sooooooooooo much. You should have seen my petition for increasing Anivia's movespeed. 20 pages of QQing how it would make her totally broken. However, Riot agreed, and buffed her from 290 to 300. Guess what, Anivia is still balanced. 20 pages of QQing over absolutely nothing. The same is true for Morgana. She is (or was >.>) ok at what she does, but she needs x change to make her work properly. Some people who don't know how to counter got completely roflstomped by a Morgana, and scream on the forums about how the end is nigh if the change goes through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
GO support mine here, ill go ahead and quote you!! We can combine it into one megathread on the issue!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=129081
Well, see, I'm an Adjudicator, which means I can (and have already) linked this post to one in the Adjudicator forum, where Riot staff actually comment frequently. (PS, apparently Lima Beans voted here.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Of course she needs all of her spells fixed, but people would complain about it sooooooooooo much. You should have seen my petition for increasing Anivia's movespeed. 20 pages of QQing how it would make her totally broken. However, Riot agreed, and buffed her from 290 to 300. Guess what, Anivia is still balanced. 20 pages of QQing over absolutely nothing. The same is true for Morgana. She is (or was >.>) ok at what she does, but she needs x change to make her work properly. Some people who don't know how to counter got completely roflstomped by a Morgana, and scream on the forums about how the end is nigh if the change goes through.



Well, see, I'm an Adjudicator, which means I can (and have already) linked this post to one in the Adjudicator forum, where Riot staff actually comment frequently. (PS, apparently Lima Beans voted here.)
):

But i honestly took like three hours compiling all the issues on my thread. I'm pretty sure it's got everything you have here and more.

Not to mention it has fixes for soul shackles on issues like stealth and bushes. With no negative comments on the issue yet.

If i get 20 pages of negative QQing i will have done my job, because it makes people think about the issue.
(Also anivia is seriously underpowered right now, she could use some love too)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mistikman

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Personally, I don't have a problem with multiple threads popping up. Riot employees are human too, and I would guess a relatively small percentage of threads actually get read by anyone at Riot. What they can see, however, is that a bunch of different people have been making threads arguing against the Morgana changes.

The thread I made in the general forum explaining the stealth nerf when I first discovered it went 120+ posts before a single riot person read it, and they only knew about my thread because I linked them from another post made later in the adjudicator forums.

Before the shield nerf, Morgana threads almost didn't exist, even back when she got her first round of nerfs a little over a month ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistikman View Post
Personally, I don't have a problem with multiple threads popping up. Riot employees are human too, and I would guess a relatively small percentage of threads actually get read by anyone at Riot. What they can see, however, is that a bunch of different people have been making threads arguing against the Morgana changes.

The thread I made in the general forum explaining the stealth nerf when I first discovered it went 120+ posts before a single riot person read it, and they only knew about my thread because I linked them from another post made later in the adjudicator forums.

Before the shield nerf, Morgana threads almost didn't exist, even back when she got her first round of nerfs a little over a month ago.
Yeah i had a thread running before i knew about the black shield nerf. It mostly dealt with Merc's hurting her spells, and soul shackles not working correctly on stealth classes.
... It had 2000+ views and went 5 pages then died, i wish riot had seen it so i made a new-bigger one!

Also yeah i realized that riot misses most threads unless they really get popular, so i've put up links for every single thread that deals with the issue in the hope that the ensuing bumping will have riot take notice.

Maybe you should do the same thing, and make a standalone post on the adjudicator forums, considering there are 7-8 threads running that deal with Morgana right now.
(You can ninja my list off my thread if you want)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
Maybe you should do the same thing, and make a standalone post on the adjudicator forums, considering there are 7-8 threads running that deal with Morgana right now.
(You can ninja my list off my thread if you want)
Was just thinking I should do that myself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mistikman

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Hahaha, trust me, I have been fighting for Morgana for ages now.

Remember the Morgana changes that hit a little over a month ago? The origin of that remake was from my constant harassment of Brackhar on the matter. The original intent was supposed to be for a minor buff overall to Morgana and a shoring up of her early game. The result was.... worse than expected.

I may not be the best Morgana player in the game, but I think I am by far one of the most involved when it comes to trying to get improvements made to her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistikman View Post
Hahaha, trust me, I have been fighting for Morgana for ages now.

Remember the Morgana changes that hit a little over a month ago? The origin of that remake was from my constant harassment of Brackhar on the matter. The original intent was supposed to be for a minor buff overall to Morgana and a shoring up of her early game. The result was.... worse than expected.

I may not be the best Morgana player in the game, but I think I am by far one of the most involved when it comes to trying to get improvements made to her.

<3 watch out, ever since i showed up you have some serious competition.

But uhh i feel like there are some really good fixes to her spells that would fix the Mercury's treads issues pretty well.



1). Dark Binding's damage component and snare component should be seperate. If the snare runs out 40% faster, then the champion will still burn for the dot component over 100% of the regular duration.

Fixes merc's issues and the wierd AP setup that dark binding has.


2). Soul shackles deals an initial Burst of damage, then deals damage over time to champions that stay within her tether's range. One tick every second until the 4th second, when the last tick+stun is applied.

Fixes cleanse being such a counter, and deals partial damage to players who escape, as opposed to none.


3). Soul Shackles follows stealthed Targets correctly

Yeah -.- this one is just a glitch that hurts morgana all too much


Summary of my thread really :P (also i've quoted you both in multiple places on that thread, hope you don't mind)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

"You have bumped a thread."

Must has moar votez.