Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Revert Black Shield Ninja Nerf?

Most definitely! 107 56.02%
Keep the nerf, but split the Snare from the Damage on Dark Binding as compensation 26 13.61%
I'll wait to see what Riot can come up with. 12 6.28%
Jax is OP? Better nerf Morgana once more. 46 24.08%
Voters 191 .

[Poll] Please Revert Morgana Black Shield Ninja Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cradum

06-05-2010

Quote:
Eatmypie:
Im not talking about morgana as a character, im talking specifically about her shield. even with a ton of ap shes more of a support caster than a dps anyway. you shouldnt be trying to solo a tank. i've played moragana enough and talked to other morganas. yea she can do good damage with all 3 skills, but its hardly a nuke. she's good at harassing with skill shots and her ult stun in big fights, beyond that i dont care how you build her. you probably shouldnt be trying to solo most people in a fair fight.

umm, did you just mention that Morgana is a DPS?

Mistikman

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Hey now Cradum, doing awful damage per second is still technically doing damage per second.

:V

Dimensionist

06-05-2010

Quote:
Cradum:
umm, did you just mention that Morgana is a DPS?

Are you saying she's incapable of doing any decent damage?

How about this I challenge anyone 1v1 mid against a morde! Whoever slays mid tower first wins. You can return to base as much as you want.

You will see my morg go heads up against a "tank"

Edit: specifically you: eatmypie if you're up for the challenge because I "shouldn't" be facing a tank.

Mistikman

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Quote:
Dimensionist:
Are you saying she's incapable of doing any decent damage?

How about this I challenge anyone 1v1 mid against a morde! Whoever slays mid tower first wins. You can return to base as much as you want.

You will see my morg go heads up against a "tank"

Edit: specifically you: eatmypie if you're up for the challenge because I "shouldn't" be facing a tank.

That's missing the point of what he's talking about. He's talking about Morgana and another champion fighting each other 1 on 1, not pushing lanes. Morgana is great at holding a lane in the laning phase, but later on her damage output is rarely enough to seal the deal against most champions, unless you have a significant level advantage or they built no defense. Most champions can keep the damage up long enough to kill another champion, Morgana just completely runs out of steam.

RGP50

06-05-2010

Black shield is not really a shield, its not even close to what every other shield does, yet riot is trying to tweak it into one. Its like trying to turn a orange into an apple, sure they are both round, both fruit, but they are still very much different. Her shield has close to the longest CD, only lasts 4 seconds (going to a max of 8 at rank 5), and only stops magic based attacks.
"that sure sounds like a shield to me" you say. Well lets look at what the other SHIELDS do.
Lasts 10+ seconds (at rank 1) and have a lower CD, on top of that it stops ALL damage.

The far off idea that Riot has I can see, it does get a bit out of control at rank 5 with 600+ AP (but that would be a fed Morgana or a long drawn out game, and many other champs do the same thing). They want it be like other shields but only stop magic damage and CC, the problem is, its not like other shields and to do such would.
A: destroy/severely hurt the uniqueness of her shield and..
B: require a overall of Black Shield.

Kriptini

06-05-2010

Spell damage should eat spell shields, so I think Ignite and other DoT spells should still be able to be applied and take damage off that shield. I do, however, believe, that Dark Binding should have its damage component split, or have the rate of damage accelerated to compensate for a shorter snare duration.

Mistikman

Adjudicator

06-05-2010

Ignite is true damage, so it doesn't eat away at Morgana's shield, it just eats away at whoever got hit with it, through morgana's shield.

Dimensionist

06-05-2010

Quote:
Mistikman:
That's missing the point of what he's talking about. He's talking about Morgana and another champion fighting each other 1 on 1, not pushing lanes. Morgana is great at holding a lane in the laning phase, but later on her damage output is rarely enough to seal the deal against most champions, unless you have a significant level advantage or they built no defense. Most champions can keep the damage up long enough to kill another champion, Morgana just completely runs out of steam.

I'm not disagreeing at all, I was just trying to point out that any mordekaiser that doesn't carry merc treads/cleanse is a dead mordekaiser. He was saying how annoying it is for morde to cast his ult only to be negated by morg's shield. I was trying to make a point on how morde does EXACTLY the same thing but BETTER and more severely. So his statement carries no weight.

ZOMG some mordekaiser find's morg's shield annoying NERF NOW.

Fine nerf morg's shield in exchange take out cleanse and merc tread's entirely. See what I mean? These types of things can go on and on until everything is nerfed down to nothing.

Dimensionist

06-05-2010

Another idea is if Riot wants to keep her shield nerfed, they should REALLY buff her movement speed.

IMHO, her "OP" shield was to somewhat compensate for her RIDICULOUSLY slow movement speed. I don't care remove blackshield entirely and put her movement speed up to Janna's level with global movespeed buff. And have her spell vamp replace E with 15/25/35/45/55 percent or something. This would also require a rework on her ult entirely as she would be too easy to kill. We're pretty much looking at a complete overhaul. (we really don't want that though)

She may be tied with Anivia for movement speed but at least anivia doesn't have to be so **** close and she has wall to compensate. You can't make the slowest character in the game, nerf the only compensation for it, and expect it to be balanced.

Burning Rose

06-05-2010

Morgana needs buffs in other places, not in her shield.

The problem is that Morgana (with her old shield) can put her shield on a target and completely **** over a few champions. No other skill can counter a champion quite so hard and can be put on any of your teammates. The old implementation screwed over fiddlesticks entirely, it screwed over zilean, it screwed over teemo, and it would screw over Malzahar harder than anything you can imagine.

I agree that nerfing her without buffing her was a bad idea, but reverting the shield is not the way to go.

The changes earlier to Tainted Soil and Dark Binding didn't help much either. Yeah, DB has a shorter Cooldown, but think of this: They made Tainted Soil do most of it's damage at the end... and they made Dark Binding shorter. How did they think that was a good idea, again?

Riot just doesn't seem to know what to do with Morgana.