ezreal item build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floydian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

Hey guys need some help building my Ezreal. I've had a lot of success going in this order
Meki, Sorcerer boots, mejai, rageblade then lich bane. I've found I'm able to carry really well late game and by the time I get my lich it's basically game over for the enemy.

The main problem I'm having is that if I get off to a bad start and I'm unable to get stacks on mejais I begin to feel underwhelming and useless. I just don't find that I do enough damage and I'd like to know if any of you run and do well with a more reliable AP Ezreal build.

LegendaryCaoCao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

I'd suggest magic pen items like sorc boots (if you want the risk) and haunting guise. I'd recommend void staff but I prefer flat pen. Most champs (without resist) will have less than around 80 MR at lvl 18. That 40 pen right there is giving you upwards of 20-30% extra damage which makes up for the lack of AP.

Those items are pretty cheap and are effective. If they stack MR pick up a void staff.

My current build is : Meki + Pots > Chalice > Boots 1 > Guise > Sorc boots > Mejai's > Sheen > Deathfire > Lichbane

Works good enough for me. Check my profile if you want evidence.

Zoro The Otter

06-05-2010

Every caster has the same propblem if you rely on Mejai too much. Just change it for either a Rod or Void Staff.

jaewon

06-05-2010

I usually don't go Mejais unless I'm dominating the game.

Meki Pendant
Sorcerer Boots

into

Chalice of Harmony
Sorcerer Boots
Sheen

into

Chalice of Harmony
Sorcerer Boots
Sheen
Mejais (Depending on the situation)/Rylai's (Great for chasing)

into

Chalice of Harmony
Sorcerer Boots
Lich Bane
Mejais/Rylais

into

Chalice of Harmony
Sorcerer Boots
Lich Bane
Mejai/Rylais
Zhonya's

Usually doesn't go that far, but you never know.

Vindeen

06-05-2010

Chalice, Mejai, Lichbane, Zonyas. That's all you need.

ºcº

06-05-2010

Sapphire > Tear of the Goddess
Sorc.
Lichbane
Archangel's
Zhonyas
Still need another item? Tiamat. Laugh at them with your lichbane AoE Mystic Shot

kankle

06-05-2010

You might want to start playing AD Ezreal, they are about to nerf the AP side like crazy. Also, only go AP if you are gonna heal a lot, if you are the carry don't bother with Lich Banes etc...Mystic Shot does that already with your PD w/o having to spend 3000 gold

Floydian

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindeen View Post
Chalice, Mejai, Lichbane, Zonyas. That's all you need.
Please read the original post and not just the title.

Thanks for all the responses. Is lich bane worth getting with only rylais though? Is that enough AP to warrant the cost of Lich?

LegendaryCaoCao

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankle View Post
You might want to start playing AD Ezreal, they are about to nerf the AP side like crazy. Also, only go AP if you are gonna heal a lot, if you are the carry don't bother with Lich Banes etc...Mystic Shot does that already with your PD w/o having to spend 3000 gold
Well I won't say anything about the changes except that they aren't AS bad as you make it out to be. Top men are looking into it. AD is good (I used AD first for like 50-60 games) but I positively love AP style. He can do much more burst damage and is just a wrecking ball. His only downside is early mana problems (chalice/golem) and inability to farm well.

Floydian

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankle View Post
I find that when I carry with AP Ez the games are generally close unless it's a stomp either way. The turning point is when I get lich bane then I can really start pushing and 2 shotting towers and stuff.