Mundo theory/math, AKA Simply Walk Into Mordor

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow Jester

06-04-2010

In response to all the rage directed at Tank Mundo vs DPS mundo I decided to do a bunch of math. Here's some of the stuff I found out. All of this is not taking into account the enemy's build, only Mundo. My mission statement: High damage and as much survivability as possible. Survivability comes as secondary to damage, but some should be added early to make laning even more easymode than it already is as Mundo.

-A Giant's belt adds about 500 more EHP than a spirit visage. However, Spirit Visage is a very valid lategame item if you want to keep your build VERY cheap as far as carry builds go. I'd go with a Guardian Angel instead. I still disagree with it as a first item.

-A banshee's Veil adds 1,000 less EHP than a fully farmed Warmog's Armor and has that nifty spellblock effect. The armor makes your ult about 500HP (over 12 seconds) more effective, and has very good health regen. Therefore, if you want to make a Warmog's Armor, add it in earlier than you would build the Veil. I'd probably choose the veil over the Warmog's, especially considering that it shores up your one weakness: concentrated magical burst damage.

-3 cloaks of agility add less damage than 2 recurve bows. 2 zeals adds about the average of the 2. Atma's Impaler far outstrips either combination, however.

-An Atma's Impaler is hands-down the most cost-efficient item in terms of versatility for Mundo. It adds about half to 2/3 as much damage as an infinity edge does(depending) and gives Armor as well.

-Infinity Edge is the most efficient pure damage item for Mundo, period. Even a fully farmed bloodthirster and a cloak of agility can't match it. (assuming you have the Impaler) A ghostblade and a Last Whisper can't match it in terms of raw damage output (though the armor penetration may prove more efficient in actual practice).

-If you feel that you don't need survivability, a Ghostblade + Last Whisper will prove to be more effective than a Phantom Dancer when the armor reduction is factored in. If you need the item slot for more survivability, however, build the Dancer. It's still very GP efficient.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Dr.+M...a807b285fe44f7

The core of this build is Giant's Belt, Atma's Impaler, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer. After that, everything else is pretty much superfluous and added based upon the situation, but those 3 items are what I've found to produce the most damage.

EDIT: I did some tests and Ghostblade + Recurve Bow is an effective replacement for Phantom Dancer when the Armor Penetration is included. A more typical "True" DPS build can be found here:

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/D...2c3d2b876bc0ce

This build has about 3000 less EHP than the above if both are given the same amount of gold, but it has a full complement of 40% cooldown reduction for a 36 second cooldown on your ult. So, you ult more often, but you'll be easier to kill during your ult and between ults. Factoring in the Armor reduction, this build does more damage, at the cost of survivability. A good sixth item for this build is needed (I'm using sprit visage) as if you happen to be sitting on 3,000 gold at the end you'll probably find that your enemies have bought items that will enable them to kill you. Maybe a Randuin's Omen would be better, instead.

The banshee's Veil adds a TON to your survivability, so if you want a still-kind-of expensive build that is a pretty good medium bewteen the two check this: Using a ghostblade instead of a phantom dancer will reduce your from 800 to about 600. Adding a recurve bow to that ghostblade will increase it back to 730, but it closes off your sixth item slot and pretty much guarantees that if the game runs long enough you'll build a last whisper or Stark's Fervor.

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Dr.+M...13941d59c0eac3

This is the middle-of-the-road build, with only 500 less EHP than the phantom dancer build and slightly less damage, but with the added armor penetration and cooldown reduction and that nifty active ability, it might make up for it depending on the enemy team's composition. Late into the game, if both builds are allowed to complete a sixth item, this build will be dealing much more damage than the survival build, but have only slightly more than half the EHP.

Finally if you decide to build the guardian angel first your DPS drops to about 500 (or rather stays at 500) but you will be utterly unstoppable. I don't recommend this, 6.5k EHP is probably enough, though if you find yourself the focus in teamfights, it may be a good idea.

Osmodius

06-04-2010

Meh, Atmas + Starks + HP + Masochism.

Innervision

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
Upgrade-> Giant's Belt-> Banshee's Veil
hmmm what?

Yellow Jester

06-04-2010

Means that you take that giant's belt you bought before, and you upgrade it to a Banshee Veil.

This is in the wrong forum, I meant to post it in Guides/strategy.

Osmodius

06-04-2010

Quote:
Means that you take that giant's belt you bought before, and you upgrade it to a Banshee Veil.

I wish I could just turn what ever I want into what ever else I want, but, uh, that doesn't work.

Yatterman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmodius View Post
I wish I could just turn what ever I want into what ever else I want, but, uh, that doesn't work.
Spoiler Alert : You can sell items.

Osmodius

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatterman View Post
Spoiler Alert : You can sell items.
Why the **** buy a Giant's Belt if I'm just going to seel it and get a Catalyst?

That's the ****ing stupidest thing I've ever heard.

AfterBurner

06-04-2010

Quote:

If i'm right Banshees veil doesn't have a giants belt in it right?

Yatterman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmodius View Post
Why the **** buy a Giant's Belt if I'm just going to seel it and get a Catalyst?

That's the ****ing stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Because he would prefer a Banshee later in the game than an item made with Giant's Belt?

Yellow Jester

06-04-2010

... oh now I get it. Wow.

There is no Giant's Belt in a Banshee's Veil.

This puts a dent in my plans.

EDIT: Giant's Belt is still a valid early game survivability item and I would still probably keep the build exactly as it is, since the net cost when you sell it to buy the Veil is about equal to a Warmog's Armor. I can't believe I made that mistake though.

12345 ... 6