Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

From one noob to the other

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cdnmute

09-27-2011

I guess this will be a bit of a rant but I need to say it.

The lack of logic in this community blows me away. I am an average player. I do stupid things that cost my team the game and I do great things that win my team the game. I make good champ choices and I make bad ones. I am learning my place on a competitive LoL team.

My solo que elo has been around 1100-1300, same as my arranged. and after playing through my limited experience in ranked so far there is one (VERY) common complaint that I can't get past.

"My solo que elo is low and it's becuase I'm a pro amongst noobs"

If you are tired of being paired up with these noobs why not make an arranged team? why not remove the x-factor of teammates you can't control? When I played arena in WoW and didn't take 2 dummies from trade chat of any class. I played with the same 2 guys in a strong comp every week. we worked on our game together and in the end we were way better for it.

To use another wow example, would you ever bring your main to a pug raid? hell no. You brought your crappy alt because you didn't trust these randoms with your lock out that week. You saved yoru best for your arranged group that you KNEW could clear content

You can never expect "normal" behaviour from 4 other people you don't know. Want proof? go to a mall near you and hold open the door for evryone going in and out. Some will smile, some will thank you and some won't acknowledge you. One old guy might even tell you to **** off because he doesn't want people to do things for him.

So play with people you know and in an enviroment you can control or expect the worst and stop complaining about it.

Motamellia

09-27-2011

This is what reflects poorly on the community itself. The fact that people are not supposed to complain about something and yet they have to go on excepting the fact that the solo ranked que is just awful a lot of the time. I know your approach is logical and neutral which is not a bad place to be in the real world. It is also not the best idea to play solo ranked if you have a thin skin.

That said, where are all of the people who are a positive force in this community. Maybe, instead of letting someone troll another player, you can get together as a team and tell them to back off. That should go for trolling the opposing team as well. Why not take an active roll in stopping this nonsense?

This community, like most online gaming communities, lacks a general citizenship that requires people to, at the very least, be civil to one another. I know that there are giant skill gaps amongst players but the harassment on both sides fixes nothing. Also, inaction does not fix it either.

cdnmute

09-28-2011

While I do agree with your statement my post wasn't so much a response to trolls and jerks as it is to people who complain about their teammates skill level in any way.

Trolls will troll. Thats who and what they are. We should, as a community try and stop it whenever possible.

But I don't undertsand the weight this community puts on pugging. In every game and sport I have ever participated in I have never seen an instance where people focus on their performance in a pick up group like they do in LoL.

If you want real competition you go in with your preselected 5 against their preselcted 5. I think the only real solution to this is for RIOT to implement a ranked team elo. Similar to the way wow has with their arenas. Solo que shold be a practice ground with the real focus being on arranged 5s. There would be no elo heel that way. Your team would be in the elo range it belongs in based your 5 selected players.

canadiangreen

10-02-2011

i don't play ranked yet due to still working on my rune pages and well i just enjoy playing for fun. i think people need to relax a little bit especially about solo que normal or ranked. I don't understand what they expect because someone will always end up losing and someone will most likely die the most on there team regardless. .

Rendruk

12-11-2011

I still don't understand how people can be so bad at this game. Just played a TT where we were getting aces and slowly pushing their last turret (ours had already died, and we needed one to stay and defend) - but we got several good aces in and had managed to kill one of their inhibs and start in on their turret more each time it happened.

But, if we were to ever die ourselves, it would be gg.

So............. this noc decided to suicide against their turret even though he had no way of finishing it off. And that was gg.

He could have simply damaged it and ran back to base... but he chose to throw the game for no apparent reason. I asked him why he stayed, and he said "to kill the turret".

I said "but you had no way of killing the turret before it killed you". He left the post-game lobby.