Best Rune Combos

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinterklaas

09-20-2009

The first page for me is a mix of crit chance at marks (8.3%), dodge at seals (11%) and mp5 at glyphs (15 at 18).

Second page is for casters with a total of 6% cooldown reduction (+9% masteries and Frozen Heart makes 40%) and ap at lvl 18 runes (56).

The last page is +crit damage (49%) for times when I feel like getting a couple of Avarice Blades and mp5 (15 at 18).

Hmmer94

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrmist View Post
most of the time i just use
Fighter - Armor pen and Crit damage
Mage - CD and AP

I never play any tanks some im not sure about them and i wouldnt say im pro but just decent.

Best mage combo overall is : Magic damage, Health, critical CHANCE. On morgana and ryze this combo is particularly good.

Not sure if Dodge runes in defensive slots + dodge masteries and nimbleness woudnt work best? any ideas? ( over health i meen )

Also tanks i enjoy playing: Pure damage, Armor, Magic Damage, -% time dead.

JayceJa

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdyatBBQ View Post
Ugh, you must have misunderstood something (though I cannot yet figure out what).
First of all AP glyphs don't give 5AP at 18. They give 3.06AP.

So that adds up to a total of +27.54AP if you take 9 of them.
Marks give 1.08AP each, summing up to 9.72AP.
Seals give 1.8AP, which is in total 16.2AP.
Quintessences give 7.74AP each - total 23.22AP.

All in all thats 76.68AP at level 18 (which i find kind of strange because the runebook says its +78 : / )

Actually this setup is kinda cool. you get a bonus of 4.26AP per level alone from runes and at level 18 you have two free Force Staffs (I think thats what they are callled).
blasting rods, not force staffs

i personally have a +55% crit damage page, a +78 AP at 18 page, then the last page is crit damage on red, cd reduction at 18 on quintessences and blue, then dodge on yellow, as a general page for anyone not using either of the others

Woozl

09-20-2009

I am quite fond of mp5 runes, cd, crit chance/damage, and armor pen. I don't really use AP, but I also don't generally build AP with items either.

Kaede

09-20-2009

eee how about Magic Penetration for casters? Isn't it more effecient in terms of pure dmg than stacking +AP (especially with the 15% penetration mastery)? Anyone knows if it's worth it?

Hmmer94

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaede View Post
eee how about Magic Penetration for casters? Isn't it more effecient in terms of pure dmg than stacking +AP (especially withe the 15% penetration mastery)? Anyone knows if it's worth it?

Not sure, but if people start to use it and it works u can be sure we gona have to start stacking magic rez

Roidracer

09-20-2009

all my reds are damage penetration. all my yellow are dodge, all my blue are -cd(celerity ones)
all my blacks are movespeed

Atmosfear

09-20-2009

Fighters:

Red = Armor Pen
Yellow = Dodge
Blue = CD/Lvl
Black = Dodge

Casters:

Red = AP/Lvl
Yellow = AP/Lvl
Blue = CD/Lvl
Black = Mix of CD/Lvl and AP/Lvl

Tanks:

Red = Magic Resist/Lvl
Yellow = Dodge
Blue = Magic Resist/Lvl
Black = Dodge

MarekX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2009

Actually the worst thing about runes is, that there is no DELETE button
Otherwise I am using crit dmg and armor pen for fighter class with dodge runes added for jax.

Hmmer94

09-20-2009

A lot of combos are viable depending on ur hero, no rune is the best for that type of hero...

exemple: GankPlank needs critical damage OR chance to make his parley a monster at lvl 3+