Your Macs go unsupported for the same reason my hardware does.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sammich kek

09-27-2011

Because you just aren't the majority, nor do you make up enough of a minority to warrant support for. From a business standpoint Riot knows the people playing on Macs that really want access to the game will partition and bootcamp it and have made the decision to turn their resources elsewhere.

My PC scores somewhere in the top 10% for gaming PCs yet games aren't developed for it. Why? Because nobody wants to take the time to produce a game a very small percentage of the market will have access to. Same idea apples here mac guyz

Killer Shrews

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

burn down their house with lemons lol

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-27-2011

make them curse the day they decided to give mac users lemons!

*******http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkyi4yLvG21qhisxvo1_500.jpg********

Elcye

09-27-2011

Well, ThinkSammich, what you say would be true if it was a real mac client. The current client just is a wrapper of the windows one. And the mac client was unsupported for a long time now. The patches work exactly the same for both platforms (the client take the files from riot servers and applies the patch itself depending of the OS), that's why it still works now. The mac client doesn't need any development.

At first we thought that an upcomming patch would break the compatibility, but we got 3 or 4 patches since then, including Dominion, and everything still works fine (we just had to swap a .exe).

So no we still don't know the reason the mac client was shut down.

nocturnhabeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

humm interesting maybe after they got bought out they just canned the whole project on pure ashattery principal

semperfiordie

09-28-2011

You take the lemons and squeeze the juice into their eyes

Porphyry Green

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkSammich View Post
[SNIP]

My PC scores somewhere in the top 10% for gaming PCs yet games aren't developed for it. Why? Because nobody wants to take the time to produce a game a very small percentage of the market will have access to. Same idea apples here mac guyz
Actually reality whispered in my ear when I read this: People don't make games for your computer because windows 3.1 only supports 16 colors (and other graphic limitations), the memory isn't even enough to load anything really (tic tac toe, etc. are ok,) and the simple fact that any game that could possibly run past the graphic and memory limitation, would run somewhere at 0.01FPS

That is why

Sadly, LoL on Macbok (in my experience) runs with higher FPS and less glitching than the Windows version. I personally play form my MacBook and it runs better than my friends i7/nvidia desktop which runs at avg 23-28fps, while my MacBook everything Very High (except environment only High, and shadows off), at stable 34-36fps. My friend complains all the time about map lag, and LoL glitching on him, while I never have had a single problem (aside from network lag/disconnect/etc. due solely to network being stolen by a thief lol) (my friend modified his files or w/e for 6v6 etc., but rarely plays it, still that might cause the glitching...)

Cheers.

PS: mac users compose 8.2% of all users on the internet AS OF AUGUST 2011 (source: w3schools), 8.2 percent is not a very small percent FYI