Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Supports in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pivu

09-27-2011

If anyone played any supports in Dominion, I would like to hear your opinion on how are they doing there.

I for example have played Karma, and she is what she should be in SR. Full AP and your teammates can towerdive anytime. Devastating shield, and OP speed buff. She is great. How are other supports?

Garlic Prawn

09-27-2011

I've played Sona a bit so far. From the looks of it, supports are pretty good if you stick with your team, but if they leave you on your own you're in trouble. The heals are still decent enough for some sustain if you're playing a slow defensive game, but nobody seems to be playing that at the moment. They all want to run in and fight every single minute.

It's a bit of a problem at the moment because everyone's still running off rambo, but once people start cooperating a bit more, I think supports will be solid picks.

Pivu

09-27-2011

And how about:

Taric,
Janna,
Soraka,
Zilean?

I've seen Zilean doing ****loads of AoE damage with his bombs, a great offensive champion, but not good on defence. When you have Zilean you can just towerdive without any worries.

As for the others, I haven't seen any of them, but I think Taric would be great on defence. Especially that he is a great anti AD champion.

Cobber

09-27-2011

Don't build them as a 'support' unless you plan to follow a teammate around the entire match. (in which case you're better off playing someone with a lot of crowd control effects such as alistar / leona / blitzcrank).
Heals are lackluster without AP behind them. You are squishy without appropriate items.

From what I've seen, Karma can reach a lot of her potential in Dominion as she isn't limited by farm (this applies to many champions that would require extensive amount of gold on summoner's rift but are generally denied it. Kayle, Karma, Evelynn, Poppy, etc.)

Vanisher1

09-27-2011

Janna is amazing , dont know about others , karma sounds good.

Shyhalu

09-27-2011

Supports are awesome in dominion, I down them in 3-6 seconds flat as they wonder where their team is. Its great.

MagentaHawk

09-27-2011

I have played Janna to great effect. No kills for sure but I am able to defend a point for quite some time from invaders. Also if I invade with my team I can cc the team well. You just have to not be stupid and run up to Shyhalu alone when he isn't playing support. You have a different role.

Prometheius

09-27-2011

All supports are beast. They just need different builds.

Soraka + Taric building tank? You aren't capping their CP.

Janna + Karma with AP? Nukes everywhere.

Zil CDR + Cap stacking? Can't catch the king.

KMneedzAnamee

09-27-2011

if you play a good kayle in sr, then shed be alright cuz of her defensive presence and buffs

Basist

09-27-2011

Quote:
KMneedzAnamee:
if you play a good kayle in sr, then shed be alright cuz of her defensive presence and buffs

Kayle hasn't been a support since her re-work.