Why don't randoms turtle...ever?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

justduet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

edit: double post wtf

Mythonian

09-27-2011

I hate the idea of people camping the points they own making the game a wait fest, but it does get annoying when I am the only one defending while the others go die in 2v3s and we end up only holding my point

justduet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

From what I've experience, early on in the game you should be pushing and stealing caps whenever possible, later on though, you should move as a group of 3+ to crush enemy nodes because you'll have the items to survive diving.. after you wipe them out and "take" a 4th you can just go back to holding 3 because the res timers will start crippling their ability to really push back.... but I've only been solo/duo queueing so idk what its like in a premade.

Floods of Colour

09-27-2011

I find that this is the biggest problem in dominion. People don't understand that it's a capture and hold game. So many games my team gets off to a good start, winning the first fight and capping windmill. And then my other 3 teammates immediately run off and start trying to cap our opponents 2 points. All the time.

del3e7

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
Enjoy losing then when you come across actual thinking people. Because they'll destroy you.

Every.
Single.
Time.

You 'all must defend!' bots are even more irritating in this game mode than in Arathi Basin. I made a nice Grand Marshal push off ******s who would try 'all defend three points!' while we simply stomped their asses with a coordinated rush then camped them at their base.

Same thing here. I've already had quite a few memorable games against idiots who you can tell are simply defending. So you take their points as a group and, since they don't want to leave their precious defending strategy, they end up sitting in their spawn blaming everybody else but themselves for failing to adapt to the strategy the other team used.
there's a time to defend and a time to push. i can say the same for your strategy of RUSH RUSH RUSH>>>>>>> and losses will roll in. there's a time to defend and a time to push.

i watch 2-3 people that want to rush get rolled trying to rush nodes that have two people defending, and i watch the 1-2 people get rolled trying to rush nodes that have 1 person defending. every. single. time.

there's a time to push and a time to defend. your strategy of RUSH RUSH RUSH>>>>> has flaws all over it as well as the turtle strategy.

but all the same, cool story bro.

Kyryck

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by del3e7 View Post
there's a time to defend and a time to push. i can say the same for your strategy of RUSH RUSH RUSH>>>>>>> and losses will roll in. there's a time to defend and a time to push.

i watch 2-3 people that want to rush get rolled trying to rush nodes that have two people defending, and i watch the 1-2 people get rolled trying to rush nodes that have 1 person defending. every. single. time.

there's a time to push and a time to defend. your strategy of RUSH RUSH RUSH>>>>> has flaws all over it as well as the turtle strategy.

but all the same, cool story bro.

Know what's even better? Reading comprehension! I was commenting on the fact that a coordinated rush is the way to wreck the defend bots that are already managing to find their way into the game. You must have missed the earlier post where I pointed out that the stubborn refusal to adapt to the opposing team and insisting on 'defend three!' is moronic.

Another point as well: if you can't take a node from somebody when you outnumber then 2 to 1, assuming that you've just come upon them, then you need to find better people to play with. Honestly. Or learn to pick nodes with weaker defenders (there's that 'adapt' part of the strategy of this game that you didn't bother to read).

Of course, I imagine you didn't read because you couldn't wait to get that old meme out at the end. Gotta learn some new ones there Champ, because you're about a year behind the times. I recommend "Xin shhh".

Come back when you learn to read threads and understand context.

Until then:

Xin.
Shhh.

Floods of Colour

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
Know what's even better? Reading comprehension! I was commenting on the fact that a coordinated rush is the way to wreck the defend bots that are already managing to find their way into the game. You must have missed the earlier post where I pointed out that the stubborn refusal to adapt to the opposing team and insisting on 'defend three!' is moronic.

Another point as well: if you can't take a node from somebody when you outnumber then 2 to 1, assuming that you've just come upon them, then you need to find better people to play with. Honestly. Or learn to pick nodes with weaker defenders (there's that 'adapt' part of the strategy of this game that you didn't bother to read).

Of course, I imagine you didn't read because you couldn't wait to get that old meme out at the end. Gotta learn some new ones there Champ, because you're about a year behind the times. I recommend "Xin shhh".

Come back when you learn to read threads and understand context.

Until then:

Xin.
Shhh.
Right, so spamming the meme that's EVERYHWERE on the forums is "cooler" and "better" than spamming a different one?

Cool story bro.

Not PoonCoon

09-27-2011

Because in summoner's rift it can LOOK like they're listening even when they're not, and because the right plays are very obvious. It's harder to see the consequence of doing things in Dominion because everything happens so much more quickly they want kills and to fight other champions.

Sarithe

Recruiter

09-27-2011

I love how everyone discredits the idea of turtling, saying that 'its not the way it's meant to be played.' Really? Capture and HOLD is not meant to be defensive based at some point? I played a match last night with a couple friends and a couple randoms where we were losing 388-50ish. We took 3 points and turtled and won the match. It absolutely has its place in the game. Do I think you should always turtle? Absolutely not, it'd be beyond boring, but turtling is a viable strategy at some points of the match. The true way to play Dominion imho is to find that good balance between aggression and turtling to where you always control at least 3 points, but try for that fourth one if a big teamfight goes your way.

Kyryck

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuuuuuu View Post
Right, so spamming the meme that's EVERYHWERE on the forums is "cooler" and "better" than spamming a different one?

Cool story bro.
Lol. You're like the old man in a rocking chair on his porch with the shotgun yelling at kids to get off his lawn while listening to some farm report radio station! Lol.

How about this? Based on your match history:

Kog'Maw.
Shush.