Why don't randoms turtle...ever?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7xGM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Unfortunately, most of the time I don't have 4 competent people online to play with me on dominion so I have to deal with randoms. Before the game starts I plead with them to try to just defend when we get 3 bases. They usually agree. When the time comes though, almost always I get people who want more bases leaving the others empty. Is it so hard to follow this get 3 and turtle, or defend rule? It drives me up the wall when this almost always causes the other team to win because people are too selfish. Why do randoms listen more on summoner's rift? Or is it just me?

7xGM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

bump

WayneChaw

Recruiter

09-27-2011

i experienced teh same thing today multiple games, after we get 3, they get greedy and try to take more and die.

Altorr

09-27-2011

turtling isnt fun

Altarnos

09-27-2011

I'm not too big a fan of turtling but I understand that some people need to defend and not die so as to not lose points. However, when turtling it doesn't really feel like you are pressuring the opponent, as they still have so much space to work with, especially when group harassing a node. To defend all points you have to spread thin, making yourself weak to grouping tactics.

This also means that the opposition has to do little defending, giving them more room for being aggressive and working their way to recap for a lead, either forcing someone to die or go back. As such, when the enemy does go back, they leave that point susceptible, whereas if you push your advantage after you kill them, you give yourself time to go back, as the opposition has to recap their neutralised or captured position.

I do agree with you that it is necessary to turtle when they are all up, or in close circumstances but often an advantage needs to be pressed in order to secure a victory. This is just my opinion though, it may very well be that when everyone 'masters' dominion that turtling is the way to go.

Yuan Shikai

09-27-2011

Turtling is just plain boring and unfun to the extreme, it takes all fun out of the fast and aggresive gameplay of dominion.
Don't enforce your rigid metasystems on dominion and let it be what it's best at: being a funny gamemode for teh lulz.

edut: also, what the eprson above me said

Cobber

09-27-2011

Why is it that people think turtling is the best strategy on Dominion?

Yuan Shikai

09-27-2011

Because they try to enforce their opinion of a "right" meta on the game already 1 day after it came out. They should just wait till dominion ranked comes out, lurk there and let normals be normals.

warmonkey

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACL David View Post

arathi basin -> WoW players -> all strategy is completely derivative of what they've been told to do before

Shyhalu

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACL David View Post
Maybe they enjoy 5 v X fights where X is less than 5?