How will balancing Dominion work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tea Haytch Sea

09-26-2011

This isn't a qq not in the slightest I'm just interested. We all know some champions are stronger in SR then others. Well the same goes for Dominion. I was wondering. How is Riot gonna balance champions in Dominion without completely screwing the game up in SR. Say what you want but I think SR is not too bad in terms of balance. I notice they can make it to where items are available in one mode and not another. Can the same be for stats of champs? Can you change ratios on one mode and not the other? Just wondering. I would like to see more then just Rammus, Xin, Jax, and Kayle in Dominion. What's everyone else's ideas or opinions in the matter?

tl;dr?
How will they balance Dominion more without messing with SR?

KalameesJr

09-26-2011

It's going to be the same as it has been with twisted treeline, meaning that there will be no balancing based on dominion.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamees Jr View Post
It's going to be the same as it has been with twisted treeline, meaning that there will be no balancing based on dominion.
...Mundo?

Soiyeruda

09-26-2011

The same way they balanced champions for Twisted Treeline. (hint, they didn't and they won't)

EDIT: Ninja'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
...Mundo?
From what I know, they did like 1 patch for balancing Mundo (was intended to fix his OP onTT, and UP on SR, apparently) so that he has a slightly weaker early game but a slightly stronger late game. The only real significant changes were that his Q gave health back on hit, and Ult scaled with level. He's still pretty dominant in TT if I'm not mistaken, and he's still quite ****ty in SR.

KalameesJr

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
...Mundo?
...Who?

RealMithron

09-26-2011

Reds have said that Dominion will be balanced around the map buff and the items only, and that SR will continue to be balanced through changing the champions them selves as always.

Happy Saviors

09-26-2011

They couldn't even balance SR.

LOL

Soiyeruda

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
Reds have said that Dominion will be balanced around the map buff and the items only, and that SR will continue to be balanced through changing the champions them selves as always.
Imo, this is the biggest concern. Map buffs can be changed easily, sure, but Riot is pretty slow when it comes to releasing new items.

Cadrantaar

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
Yeah, this seems the most likely option. Champions are too complex to balance around two entirely different game modes. For example, any attempt to reduce Rammus' speed to make him weaker in dominion would cripple him in SR's huge map. Since SR is still Riot's main interest (not that they don't love dominion), they will continue to balance champions around SR, and attempt to balance Dominion through other means (buffs, turrets, relics, items that are unique to / banned from Dominion).

That being said, we may see some attention given towards Dominion in the form of new champions. I wouldn't be surprised that we see a future champion designed with Dominion's mechanics in mind.

Cryswar

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadrantaar View Post
Yeah, this seems the most likely option. Champions are too complex to balance around two entirely different game modes. For example, any attempt to reduce Rammus' speed to make him weaker in dominion would cripple him in SR's huge map. Since SR is still Riot's main interest (not that they don't love dominion), they will continue to balance champions around SR, and attempt to balance Dominion through other means (buffs, turrets, relics, items that are unique to / banned from Dominion).

That being said, we may see some attention given towards Dominion in the form of new champions. I wouldn't be surprised that we see a future champion designed with Dominion's mechanics in mind.
Xerath.

Turret defense.

COME AT ME, BROS.