Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FireFighter Tristana - Why legendary?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozt

The Council

06-04-2010

I bought it and love it, just wish it shot balls/sprays of water rather than cannonballs though.

Urobolus

06-04-2010

I'll eventually buy it.

Why?

Because it's Tristana.

In a FIREFIGHTER outfit.

Mr Bláck

06-04-2010

Quote:
Ike2070:
Hello fellas. I really would like to know - Why the fightfighter tristana skin has the cost of a legendary one? I mean, the skin is absolutely great (even we all though she would shoot water....) but cmon, 15 bucks for it?

It's sad the path that Riot is taking with all those skins involved in Gentleman's history, they are pricing all of them at the same price.

At least make her shoot water...

What annoys me is some inde game companies spend atleast a year to bring out a single player game to only release it for 15 dollars. Yet here is Riot making a tristana skin for about at the very MAX a month of work.

It's shameful, it's money grubbing especially considering what you're getting for your investment, which is more skins that don't add anything depth wise to the gameplay.

I'd rather pay 15 bucks for Riot to concentrate on doing something legit like moving the skin team to focus on getting Season 1, new maps and game modes. And save my money for game developers that actually put more effort than a months work into something.

Get serious

ShenofDoom

06-04-2010

Quote:
Mr BlacK123:
What annoys me is some inde game companies spend atleast a year to bring out a single player game to only release it for 15 dollars. Yet here is Riot making a tristana skin for about at the very MAX a month of work.

It's shameful, it's money grubbing especially considering what you're getting for your investment, which is more skins that don't add anything depth wise to the gameplay.

I'd rather pay 15 bucks for Riot to concentrate on doing something legit like moving the skin team to focus on getting Season 1, new maps and game modes. And save my money for game developers that actually put more effort than a months work into something.

Get serious

Someones feeling awfully entitled for playing a free game.

VoG Nova

06-04-2010

Quote:
SilverSoultaker:
If you have seen the skin in game you would understand. I am thinking of buying it even though I don't even play Tristana because it is soooooooooo cute!

man i hate brown nose, ass kissers

Deathlordx

06-04-2010

The only thing i have a problem with is them prolonging the Gentleman Cho'gath story.

Making Twisted Fate a part of it was already a bit iffy, and his pricing too was rather high. They are just using this story line to continue the making of "Legendary skins". Its simply a business move because they know the skins will sell, and they'll sell well. Do not be surprised to see the story expand with "A riot broke at at the cafe and look everyone! Its Riot Singed putting an end to it!". Soon this story will involve over half of the League.

"As Firefighter Tristana was fighting the fire at Culver City, a big rat and two other hideous creatures were rampaging other office buildings!" A reference to the game Rampage and possible new Warwick skins if you did not catch that. Also, it was create Meter Man Heimerdinger who bursts onto the scene upon seeing a French Maid in the burning building...

K D Bonez

06-04-2010

As long as we get a Singed skin, i'll be happy. Riot Shield and Tear Gas Canister/Grenade.

Footman

Recruiter

06-04-2010

I'm sticking with my Happy Elf Tristana skin but I say let the market decide prices

piratesas

06-04-2010

Corporate Mundo. That I would pay for, flinging briefcases and all...
Tristana skin for 15 dollars? Not so much.

sser

Recruiter

06-04-2010

Quote:
Ike2070:
the skin is absolutely great

There's your answer.