Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what was wrong with a mac client?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tippytoe22

09-26-2011

It doesn't make sense to me that riot says the mac client wasn't up to standard, i didn't notice any horrible problems that would justify closing it down. Did anyone have any problems that made it impossible or annoying to play?

iamriddik

09-26-2011

there were no visible problems, at least none that would warrant the closure. the specifics are "classified" so im thinking it was a legal issue

sammich kek

09-27-2011

the mac client was for macs

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-27-2011

Riot's original mac client was kinda slow, annoyingly full of bugs, caused extremely long loading times and often created annoying graphical glitches, and gave extremely low fps (10-15). but yeah, it was a beta after all.

the fanmade client, however, was fine. the fixes and improvements were also great and made the riot one perfectly playable.

iamriddik

09-27-2011

Quote:
Ediwir:
Riot's original mac client was kinda slow, annoyingly full of bugs, caused extremely long loading times and often created annoying graphical glitches, and gave extremely low fps (10-15). but yeah, it was a beta after all.

the fanmade client, however, was fine. the fixes and improvements were also great and made the riot one perfectly playable.

my riot client had no bugs outside of the veigar load screen and the LSD screen bug, i was always in the first three to load, and had a solid 25-30 fps (assuming i didn't play ten straight games)

i dont think the bugs were severe enough to warrant it's shutdown, and i can live with top 3 and 25-30 fps.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-27-2011

riddik, are you sure about that? 'cause idk about you, but i remember times in wich mac client = last to load, around december/january... before the "new launcher", when we still had the heimerdinger patcher, riot's client was very different (and we actually still had support. they fixed the slow loading, in fact...).

also, ofc hardware influences load time and i'm just on a MBP, but right now i have extremely better performance, so the client is heavily involved too.

Elcye

09-27-2011

Well, I don't have any problem with my client, but I honestly don't know if I have the fanmade or the Riot one. Is there any way to know which one I have?

OT, I thought there would be a Dominion related problem, but apparently not, so indeed, we are curious, we want to know the specifics. And I can't see why there would be any legal issue about the mac client.

Bellarmine LoL

09-27-2011

Never had problems with my client either. Ever.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

09-27-2011

Riot client: you see an "L" as logo.
1st Fanmade -> as spread by Phynn51 -> you see an "L" as logo.
2nd Fanmade -> as spread by Boompje through http://www.boompje.net -> You see an Apple as logo

Elcye

09-27-2011

I have the L as the logo, but never had the Veigar loadscreen problem, does that mean I have the first fan made one?