Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

09-27-2011

i don't know where in the tier list she would belong but i think i can give you a start on karma as well

i'd give her about a 3/3/4

shield bombs and spirit waves are good for pushing but once she is there she needs some help to take a tower

on defense her shield and heals can keep her on the tower for a good while and she has good counter pushing

her ultility is pretty darn good she can spirit bond an ally to give them both a free ghost shields are great for diving and so are her heals

Vanilla Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Can you give rationale and explanation for the champions, at least the first couple tiers? I'm really surprised by a lot of the choices and just want to know your perspective more.

C0heed

09-27-2011

Fiddlesticks in the bottom tier with a defense of 2 is absolutely absurd. a 3 second hard CC and a silence that can bounce up to 5 times, a drain that forces them to either CC you or move out or range, and an AOE ultimate.

Fiddle forces the entire team to move or focus him in any offensive tower attack with his ultimate, and the same goes for him defending a turret.

ExpandingEye

09-27-2011

Skarner should be at least tier 3.

urmamasllama

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Squid View Post
Can you give rationale and explanation for the champions, at least the first couple tiers? I'm really surprised by a lot of the choices and just want to know your perspective more.
the numbers next to the names are his offensive defense and utility scores respectfully

if you read the whole post (i know, its really effing long) he says he will explain his choices per request of specific champs

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0heed View Post
Fiddlesticks in the bottom tier with a defense of 2 is absolutely absurd. a 3 second hard CC and a silence that can bounce up to 5 times, a drain that forces them to either CC you or move out or range, and an AOE ultimate.

Fiddle forces the entire team to move or focus him in any offensive tower attack with his ultimate, and the same goes for him defending a turret.
I actually am glad you brought that up. While Fiddles is situationally useful, I believe that he too is disproportionately affected by Dominion gameplay. In SR, he is a fearsome ganker who jungles quickly and effectively, and also is a great initiator. I find that the first role is largely diminished, partially because he has little mobility in the first place and should not be running around the perimeter of the map. I do not think his ultimate has a huge effect on the overall flow of the game, despite the fact that is quite powerful - and I assigned A/D scores of 3 and 3 respectively, just like Annie. He lacks the consistent DPS that other casters who I rated a 4/4 have, such as Brand, Cassiopeia, and Swain. His primary DPS (drain) is single target and channeled, which means he won't be capturing a point or repositioning himself during a CP skirmish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Squid View Post
Sure, my original post is a bit TL;DR, so basically the premise of this tier list is that Dominion promotes different kinds of gameplay at different stages and requires champions to adopt roles to suit the situation. Sometimes you will find yourself sieging a CP, other times you will be defending a CP while outnumbered. I chose a holistic system that favors champions who can perform multiple roles sustainably, and have the mobility in order to perform those roles efficiently.

ManaPowered

09-27-2011

I want to say thank you for giving a constructive look at the Dominion game mode instead of the numerous, "this mode sucks" threads out there. I want also would like to move that we get this thread stickied. It could be a useful source for newcomers as the Dominion strategy evolves over the next couple of months. Once again, thanks to the OP.

C0heed

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yifanlol View Post
I do not think his ultimate has a huge effect on the overall flow of the game.
Agree to disagree.

You place a high priority on burst or consistent DPS, but then completely discount his AOE ult. In all my games I've played as fiddle, not once did the opponents NOT respond to my ult, so I guess i'm still confused on your "huge effect on the overall flow of the game" explanation.

He's still a great initiator with his ult and garrison when attacking, or just ulting at a defense point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlol View Post
partially because he has little mobility in the first place and should not be running around the perimeter of the map
Boots of mobility, and I disagree on the " should not berunning around the perimeter of the map" part. Fiddle floats just fine and is especially useful in 2v2, 3v3 skirmishes. He's not going to kill an assassin.. but he's not meant to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yifanlol View Post
his primary DPS (drain) is single target and channeled, which means he won't be capturing a point or repositioning himself during a CP skirmish.
His drain maybe his primary DPS, but it's primary use is not as "DPS" spell, it's just a nice kicker. His drain is primarily used on minions to restore health, or to force his drain target to respond to the drain. Be that moving away from a point, moving away from a battle, or forcing the opponent to CC Fiddle to stop it so it's not used on someone else like poppy/jax/akali.

Again, to restate my point... Dominion is about situational changes, and winning small skirmishes. The fact that you place a character with aoe damage, a 3 second hard CC, and an aoe silence in the bottom tier is just plain silly.

I only wish I get to play against you. :-p

Nenesse

09-27-2011

I would call Evelynn a 3, not a 2, in "attacking." Building her purely for her ninja cap gimmick is bad, as I've discovered for myself.

iamriddik

09-27-2011

mao's utility should be higher. his root and slow are awesome