Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrranha

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yifanlol View Post
As to the point that I tend not to give out any 1's: I do give out 1's in Utility, because some champions just don't contribute much other than QWER. I can't think of any champion off the top of my head who absolute can do nothing offensively or defensive except stand there, which is why I do not have 1's doled out for those stats.
Then it seems appropriate to change the scale to 1-4.

Xalthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

I think nunu should have his offense and utility boosted 1 point each, Blood boil provides an amazing movespeed steroid and his ult can force enemies off points with ease.

I'd also like to see malph as 4/4/2

Xalthorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

I'd place Vlad at 3/3/4 he's pretty decent across the board with pool having nice offensive and defensive uses. His ult is what boosts utility up a bit, he's not much of a solo player but he works well as part of a small team, so t3 seems a good place for him.

Piano Kitten

09-27-2011

I use "Utility" in a slightly different context than would be used in SR. Primarily, I'm not so concerned with whether a particular spell or ability has utility in the sense that it boosts allies, debuffs enemies, etc., although this is considered (up to 2 points) depending on whether such roles define a champion or not. Rather, I use a more global context - do the champion's abilities augment important game roles not explicitly reflected in Attack/Defense? If so, it may be qualified as Utility.

There is an important distinction to be made between a "useful spell" and a champion with high Utility score. In the case of Vladimir, his fairly consistent AoE and the ability to interrupt captures while being invulnerable are conventionally useful spells. However, I would not award him additional points for Utility. Instead, I would give him a high Defense score to account for the usefulness of these spells while playing Defensively.

Considering my rankings in terms of global Utility rather than spell utility will perhaps clarify many of these classifications. Many useful spells are also very marginal, and especially if they are Ultimates, cannot solely be used to change the tier indication of a champion unless a particular meta develops around it. Will Venn Diagramming Nunu's ult with GP's ult prove to be a viable strategy? In theory, sure it will. But as of right now, given the prominence of hard CC's, champions with channeling ults such as Katarina and incidentally, Nunu, in fact suffer.

Kogyaru

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
Get Hextech Gunblade and Warmogs on Morde and he is an immovable object, he pushes insanely fast and has high sustain with double heal. He is easily tier 2 worthy. Only champ I couldn't deal with so far is Jax, but Jax wins pretty much any 1v1.

Maokai, haven't tried him, but his Ultimate should be amazin for both attacking and defending. High tier 2, maybe even tier 1. Not sure. Just need to build him Cdr/tanky/roa.

TF, the advantage of AP is the range/poke of it. You can poke from very far away. AP is far superior to AD on TF.
I play as fiddlesticks and I dominate jax in 1v1.

O_o

coffeerox

09-27-2011

list is bunk. too early for any kind of tier list considering there's 70-80 characters and you can only theorycraft for so long. It's highly inaccurate.

pwnist

09-27-2011

If you give EZ a 5 in utility, I think you have to give Ashe a 5 as well. Her ult doesnt pass through multiple targets, but it still hits and interupts multiple targets which is rarely going to be different from EZ's ult. She also has hawkshot which more than makes up for that small difference in ult utility.

Piano Kitten

09-27-2011

Ez gets a 5 for having a built-in Flash as well. Arguably, Ashe's ult is actually stronger since it forces extra turret hits. I personally like Hawkshot because you can't buy wards, but do you think Ashe would fill a niche role as a once-a-minute warder in a team comp you can readily come up with? I think she has good utility, but not quite compelling enough to put her on the same level as Ez.

urmamasllama

09-27-2011

i agree with you about ez > ashe beyond what you said he can cast his ult twice as much as her

i would like to try to convince you that skarner belongs a bit higher on the list (high 4 low 3)
i don't know how you build but others may need to know that triforce is a trap
he spams too much for sheen to be worth it

what skarner needs is attack speed over everything

start off with attack speed boots and a atk spd dagger

the build stinger (lol irony)

the build ionic spark

then finish stinger into nashors tooth

after this build gunblade

then depending on what you need build FM or rageblade

OliveiraBR

09-27-2011

Sona on Low Tier? really?

Going pwn some more faces with my ad sona, to people cry in the forum "sona op on dominion" to you put her in a decent tier.....