Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfire447 View Post
Ok so my question would be what gives Nocturne his 5 in Utility? I assume its his ult, which is on quite a large CD (100sec is a lot) and it only covers say 1/4 of the map tops, while Blitz is moving at around 540+ speeds at all times he out-runs everyone but rammus, and even that is pretty close (when racing to top early game)

Even Poppy has a 4 in utility, and her speed boost is nothing compared to Blitz

Just curious as to why they have more, becuz he is only out-run by a Rammus in powerball, and unlike Rammus he moves at these speeds at all times
The fact of the matter is that this guy's list has been constructed on the false assumption that the addition of the three numbers equals a number that accurately portrays the relative power of the champion.

Truthfully the values he has set for these champions are totally subjective, and in my opinion many of them are far, far off.

Finally, just take a look at how many clearly Tier 1 champions are below Tier 1. The fact that champions such as Ezreal, Gangplank, Pantheon, Talon, etc. are not in Tier 1 clearly brings the quality of the list into question.

I would say take this whole list with a grain of salt. Maybe the whole shaker.

DarkOneBR

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
Well I'm having the opposite experience. I've played a good amount of Graves Dominion games and I've only lost a few. I put up one 20/8/15 game (approximately, I don't remember the exact assists).
Hum, then I suppose it'd be better to wait a week or something before passing judgement on new champions.
That way most people can get a feel for his abilities.

FetisPuncher

10-22-2011

Still haven't seen a decent Graves player - atm the dude is horibad @ Dominon.

Nasus out lanes Yorick, only to stalemate w/ Herm - well he out lanes most of the roster at bot lane - and late game,he is more of threat than the majority of those on the T1 list. My win ratio w/ Nas @ bot is almost guaranteed.

Perhaps the score Yi placed for Nasus is right on - but when you score him on the basis of being a bot laner, much like Herm. something needs to be changed. The only difference between Herm and Nas, is probably that Herm can defend the node better, but Nasus does better when it comes to 2 v 1 / 3 v 1 situations; especially during late game. This is mainly due to the fact that Herms turrets can be singled out, leaving him defenseless.

i would encourage to play more of Nasus @ bot to conclude a better understanding on how well he does at Dominion.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2011

If you guys watched the Rampage stream this morning, Graves' value is recognized by competitive gamers for both SR and CS. He's a top priority ban in SR for just being OP in general. There's little reason why that doesn't hold true in CS. He has built in mobility, scales absurdly off of AD, has obscene AoE damage at all phases of the game, and passively gets increased Armor/MR.

As to the matter of subjectivity, the only argument you bring is that you have dissenting opinions, which are not only subjective, but also unjustified methodologically.

The only assumption I make about aggregate score is that no champion will stay in one role for the entirety of the game. I have also stated many times that if you run strategies where people tend to stay in one role for a large amount of the time, then overall Tier classification is more or less irrelevant. That is good balance on Riot's part and an artefact of my methodology.

Danmal

10-23-2011

Ok, Tryndamere can only fight when his ulti is up (his kit is built around his ulti)
*His ulti is on a very long CD
*He has no incentive to build CDR.
*His long CD ulti prevents him from being viable due to this.

*WW extremely strong 1v1
*heavily rewarded for buying CDR (frozen heart + SV) allowing for short duration ulti
*Strong single target CC
*Extremely good chaser due to blood scent
*Very tanky but also puts out decent damage
*AS aura is nice

Anniie

10-24-2011

Skarner is kind of ridiculous bottom now. With the right sustain build he just never seems to lose any health and does moderate damage.

Stimuz

10-24-2011

Soraka is top tier imo. The only hard counter she has is kog.

Putzfrau

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
The fact of the matter is that this guy's list has been constructed on the false assumption that the addition of the three numbers equals a number that accurately portrays the relative power of the champion.

Truthfully the values he has set for these champions are totally subjective, and in my opinion many of them are far, far off.

Finally, just take a look at how many clearly Tier 1 champions are below Tier 1. The fact that champions such as Ezreal, Gangplank, Pantheon, Talon, etc. are not in Tier 1 clearly brings the quality of the list into question.

I would say take this whole list with a grain of salt. Maybe the whole shaker.
soooo, pretty much the same generic criticism you could make of ANY tier list thats every existed for any game? at some point its totally subjective, just like your reasoning of "this this and this champ not in tier 1 clearly brings the quality of the list into question" is totally subjective. what makes what you say anymore valid then what the op says?

kudos to the op for doing something like this for the community, even if it is subjective and should be taken with a grain of salt. at least he's not *****ing and moaning like 99% of the rest of the community.

Seal Clubberz

10-24-2011

I wish Dominion had a ranking system so I could have a high ranking Dominion player to make this tier list.

Not saying I dont trust the OP....... but I don't trust the OP.

Hikaru Genji

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetisPuncher View Post
Nasus out lanes Yorick, only to stalemate w/ Herm - well he out lanes most of the roster at bot lane - and late game,he is more of threat than the majority of those on the T1 list. My win ratio w/ Nas @ bot is almost guaranteed.

i would encourage to play more of Nasus @ bot to conclude a better understanding on how well he does at Dominion.
I've never lost a lane to Nasus or Heimer in Dom or any other map as Yorick.

The horribad Yoricks who lose are the ones who do not start with Tear or Chalice, and/or prioritize their Q...