Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

10-12-2011

lulz @GvP calling xerath a glass cannon

i stand by my statement of people only seeing bad xeraths

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGvPx View Post
Interesting theories, but the fact that you have Xerath and Alistar at the same utility rating sorta proves you have a lot of work to do. A well played roaming, buff-taking, Alistar is easily Tier 2, or Tier 1. Very mobile, can backdoor, and can headbutt jab opponents all over the map. Plus he's a tank. Not sure if you are ranking AP Alistar or what. All Xerath is is a long range, skill shot, glass cannon. Get next to him and he's dead, haha, not sure why his defense value is rated so high, Kog'Maw is ten times more durable and deadly.
A good Xerath that builds up Rylai's becomes very proficient at kiting. Not just the meaningless kind, but the kind that prevents gap closers from doing their job. His passive is also nice, meaning he can change his stat prioritization slightly and become tanky while retaining damage output. Alistar has no additional mobility beyond playing him as a disruptive roamer. Unless you choose to itemize him for tanking, he dies just as easily as any other champion when he is not ulted. Based on his CD's, there are champions who are more disruptive than Alistar is. Xerath's set is fundamentally different, but he plays a safer and less predictable swing defense than Alistar does.

Quote:
People complain when a backdoor fails. Most of the time a backdoor doesn't help because if the team fight is lost then the backdoor champ will get killed next, and the enemy team will end up capturing two points. Yet successful map awareness and backdooring can be deadly.
There should not be a team fight mentality. When I do premade 5's, we seldom have problems with standard team-fight oriented comps. There are several champions who can hold their own in a 3v1 situation. In the time it takes to win that one teamfight, it is possible to dislodge and backdoor 2 other points, or at least keep one neutrallized to mitigate that advantage. Team fights are bound to break out, but indiscriminately grouping up to take points is disadvantageous. Backdooring isn't done on a champion-to-champion basis, it is done on a situational basis.

Quote:
Um...no...people 3v3 and 4v4 because the Windmill is the main way you win games, and bottom/mid are easy to defend with one dedicated bottom and one roamer.
The windmill is one fight. Bot is easy to gank. We typically elect to have the fewest number of players hold off as many enemies as possible instead of opting for large team fights.

Quote:
Twisted logic. If you kill more than you die then you take the other team out (time) and also diminish their nexus point total (time). To capture/defend a point you have to win battles, and to win battles you have to kill other people on point. The only thing people shouldn't do is leave a point just to finish someone off (unless they are designed to do that, as a champ kit).
While this is generally true, people are still getting kited across the map while minions are building up and pushing their lanes. My only point is that K/D is not necessarily a strong indicator of performance, nor is it predictive of outcome. That is the counterfactual to your assertion, if you want to bring formal logic into the picture.

And finally, about Urgot. I'm not discussing him again, it's a topic that has been beaten to death.

SlithyTove

10-12-2011

This has probably been discussed previously but I believe that Skarner deserves another point in utility. His Ult is an amazing repositioner allowing for use in both offence and defence. Since hybrid itemization is easier he scales well in power and his speed boost is amazing to allow him to chase, run, or roam effectively.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

You'll have to forgive me because I didn't read through the 53 pages of response, so I'm not sure if this has been answered yet:

I think that Singed's utility is more of a 4 than a 3. This because of his glue and throwback. This allows for important placement of enemies, splitting up a rush, isolating enemies, protecting teammates that are almost dying.

Also, pushing lanes with poison makes for some necessity of the opponents to stick in lane against him pulling them away from either their team (or directing the direction of the enemy attack) as well as being able to push towers with promote very well.

I'm sure these are all obvious points though, so I'd be curious to see the reasoning behind a 3 instead of a 4.

FetisPuncher

10-12-2011

read the OP to get a better understanding how scoring works.

emctwo

10-12-2011

Thank you for the tier list. Based on it, and the low price of the champ, I blindly bought Poppy and some runes for her and am having an absolute BLAST with her. Upvoting this thread for sure.

Krshna

10-12-2011

All I can see is Ezreal/Gangplank/Pantheon/Wukong, and so many other Tier 1 champions in Tier 2, I didn't even read any further.

1Ninjaboy

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
you have no idea what a defender is do you
Yes, and I can think of about 20 other champs off hand I would rather have defending a node then Karthus.

KalaVedaks

10-12-2011

Put this on your site

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1354276

TakinTheHeat

10-12-2011

I'm now convinced that it isn't possible to statistically analyze every character with a human mind. It just can't be done. Why? Because I read what some others said about Nasus, figured I'd copy down their builds and runes and give it a shot..

I'm 12-3 win loss. It's absolutely broken, Nasus on bot. He is 100% tier one. I've actually never lost, if we are just talking about me vs the other bot. I've only lost when my team is just bad and cant handle top or we picked badly etc.

Hes a 5 in defense(You just spam Spirit Fire on creep waves over and over, make sure the edge of it hits the enemy and never run out of mana because of the free chalice passive from the map. Free 600 health and aoe damage from ult which also gives you tons more damage, up to 300 bonus, and you have lifesteal, and you build tanky, and E makes it so they cant cap for the whole duration. I tested it, it interrupts them per tick not just initial attack. Toss in promote for icing on the cake..) and a 5 in utility (40 armor reduction, Wither is absolute death, nobody gets away once withered, nobody. The first thing you get is max cdr so you chain wither over and over. Its broken. No autoattacker can fight you, you are tanky so Akali cant kill you, you just rape EVERYONE... It takes 3 champions to kill Nasus on a turret. And to put it simply they cant afford to send 3 champions at you, so they have two options.

1. Provide the necessary champions to dive you and lose top or their mid tower.

2. Put their best champ bot vs you just to hold your ass back. (for about 2 minutes, then they will need to 2v1 you, and lose top and mid anyway.

I'm not talking out of my ass here. 12-3 Isn't a fluke and I'll continue to play Nasus bot until I get numbers that satisfy whoever thinks it is.

If this was off so badly, who's to say all the other champs aren't in the wrong place as well? I'm not trying to offend you, its just that its not possible (In my opinion) to make a truly accurate tier list from the perspective of one person. One man can't play every champion every different which way, it just cant be done. The best thing I could imagine would be a community tier list where you vote +1 -1 etc.. but even then we would have bias and generally people not knowing as much, just like in this situation with Nasus being bottom tier. Hell, I didn't know until I read that guys post, etc. I really don't know what would work, but I guarantee you this. Nasus is the best bot lane defender. Heh, the only bad thing about it is that I score lowest almost every game and if we lose, I'm to blame, of course. For doing nothing(except defending 1v2 and sometimes 1v3 for most of the game)

I'm not so good at writing, but hopefully this will get the point across.

Edit: 14-3