Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxtinBieber View Post
Yifanlol, I find that when I win too many in a row, I lose one or two really bad.

I believe this is evidence that some sort of ELO exists, right?

Has anybody else experienced this as well?
elo is how matchmaking has always worked

did you go playing thinking you were just randomly matched with whoever?

if they did that NO ONE would play this game

Nooby Foo

10-11-2011

I think Vladimir should be reexamined. He is one of the best champions for 1v1 under an enemy tower. He is a powerful nuker and can stay in the fight for a long time. CDR/AP Vlad is very dangerous and I do well with him every game I play him. Even his level 3 fight isn't that bad and he's a great defender/ can kill creep waves incredibly fast. He's def better than tier 4.

Twister1245

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

urgot is in the last tier?? da balls bro, he has awesome damage, and really long range on his Q making him able to defend or attack multiple enemies with ease

he has a slowing shield that allows chasing targets to be caught or not be able to catch him

his ultimate gives him a defencive buff, well slowing the enemy, and teleporting him to safety, or closer to the other target....

JaxtinBieber

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
elo is how matchmaking has always worked

did you go playing thinking you were just randomly matched with whoever?

if they did that NO ONE would play this game
Actually Yifanlol asked in the original post if anyone could verify if Dominion had ELO. Maybe I read wrong - mb.

Anniie

10-11-2011

Every Annie I've seen has been terrible. Sorry myself, but you suck.

maxusmaximus

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
sounds like yall have been playing against some really bad xeraths
sounds to me like you've been playing against some bad sona's. Her burst is crazy while having huge movespeed.

Hugs From Momma

10-11-2011

There are no tiers, it's all counter-picking.

Noxious Seraph

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozealot View Post
Ali, Yi, and nunu should be moved up a bit.

I though nunu was pretty ****ty, but he works well. That alt has to be stopped do it on a point they will stop you, and stop channeling. Two people get movment speed buffs from his blood boil. Dat slow is nice to leave a point blood boil and slow a champion running to defend it.

Yi auto attack and win the game. Can't be slowed very fast good duelist. Works well for capping and running.

Ali He can stay on a point for awhile. I have done pretty with will him.
Nunu is much like leona, only good with another person.

Nunu ulting on a point is stupid. Am I really going to dive a nunu without a stun on my champ at his tower? No.

If you do have a stun and u get dove by 2+ people then nunu's ult does nothing.

Nunu's ult is a very long cooldown. Hes almost not worth it, like running revive.

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Interesting theories, but the fact that you have Xerath and Alistar at the same utility rating sorta proves you have a lot of work to do. A well played roaming, buff-taking, Alistar is easily Tier 2, or Tier 1. Very mobile, can backdoor, and can headbutt jab opponents all over the map. Plus he's a tank. Not sure if you are ranking AP Alistar or what. All Xerath is is a long range, skill shot, glass cannon. Get next to him and he's dead, haha, not sure why his defense value is rated so high, Kog'Maw is ten times more durable and deadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yifanlol View Post
Major complaints about the exclusivity of backdoor champions and their inability (or lack of willingness) to participate in team fights, are not a result of the viability of that gameplay method. Rather, it reflects a failure of communication and understanding of objectives. Sometimes, insisting on taking on a team fight may be more deleterious to the team's chance of winning than simply backdooring multiple points at once.
People complain when a backdoor fails. Most of the time a backdoor doesn't help because if the team fight is lost then the backdoor champ will get killed next, and the enemy team will end up capturing two points. Yet successful map awareness and backdooring can be deadly.

Quote:
Problems with Objective Score arise because currently, there are no diminishing returns. [...] The practical consequence of this is something that the average Dominion player will recognize - instead of focusing on small skirmishes, teams will tend to group up into 4v4 team fights over two nodes, while one champion attempts to backdoor.
Um...no...people 3v3 and 4v4 because the Windmill is the main way you win games, and bottom/mid are easy to defend with one dedicated bottom and one roamer.

Quote:
The core issue behind this poor gameplay is a failure to grasp the victory condition in Dominion. Kills are not the determining factor, winning team fights are not the determining factor, and points are not the determining factor - the only win condition in Dominion is to ensure that the enemy Nexus ticks down to 0 health, by controlling more points for a longer period of time. The most important resource to maximize then, should be time - not kills, not score.
Twisted logic. If you kill more than you die then you take the other team out (time) and also diminish their nexus point total (time). To capture/defend a point you have to win battles, and to win battles you have to kill other people on point. The only thing people shouldn't do is leave a point just to finish someone off (unless they are designed to do that, as a champ kit).

Honestly, the way League has Attack/Defense/Utility setup is pretty weird. You end up getting bonuses to certain attributes from both the Attack and Utility trees, while Defense and Utility also share masteries which are alike. In other words, there are too many overlaps to neatly factor in utility. To me, it's really a waste of time to three-cat rank champs.

Quote:
Move on to the next CP to pressure it instead of sticking around to help capture a point that your teammates are already in the process of securing. Think strategically, and outside the box. This will open up a dimension of Dominion that was never seen in SR.
I disagree. Sometimes it's good to move on to the next capture point if it is undefended, but otherwise it's almost always better to cap the first point as fast as possible (with the exception of open, mid). Too often I see champs leave prior to a capture, which isn't valuable given the points lost over the time spent traveling to the next point (in the case of needing the first point captured to reduce loss). Also, I don't think there is any risk of Dominion not being strategically different than SR, rofl...sigh, but, whatever.

Blackfire447

10-11-2011

I feel Jarvan is extremely good at Dom. He is very tanky and his kit just screams dominion.

EQ=Knock-up, amazing for both offense and defense.
W= Slow perfectly sized for the dominion cap point, and can be used to keep people inside turret range or stop them from escaping.
Ult=Great for tanking an offensive tower in any situation, excellent for keeping an exemy in turret range for defense.

I find it extremely easy to 2v1 a point on both offense and defense with him.

I'd give him 4/4/4 personally, but he is Tier 2 at least.