Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SHOE788

10-10-2011

Urgot in tier 4? More like tier 2 or even 1.

Osheroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-10-2011

I think the reason Urgot is placed lower is the OP doesn't believe his Ult is really worth it and is downplaying his utility.
His ULT is actually great at dominion. His swap is much less likely to put you in a bad place. I've used it to get away from an attacker 2v1 or to stop a runner. Sure there are still times when it won't help or will put you in a horrible spot, but for the most part it's a great ability I enjoy using.

With some Lifesteal his autoattack can keep him up and having a Snare/Shield and his passive that reduces damage dealt he should have at least 3 in utility. I've never had a problem clearing a minion wave with him, which is another of his "downsides".

Shoe788 what are you working for when you build Urgot for Dominion? Maybe if the OP saw the item build list he'd reconsider. I feel like the OP thinks that mana/sustain is still something to consider in Dominion.. I've found yes on the first push to get Windmill you may run low or out of mana, after that never again.

Arial

10-10-2011

Just a small plug for Gragas perhaps.

I think his scores are in a good place, but I think people forget about his body slam. It works something like Ezreal's Arcaneshift and has a lower CD (7s w/o CDr). Its a dash that can move through "thin" walls and enemies that are hit by it are slowed by 35%. His Q also reduces attack speed by 40% at max level.

Personally feel like he has more to him than just defending a point and utilizing his W and the 18% dmg reduction or knocking enemies away with R. In mid he can definitely R > Bodyslam Slow > Nuke with barrels > Dead.

If Ez gets a 5 for utility for his "free flash" and global ult I think Gragas should be bumped up to 3 in utility and not a 2. Especially if you build Rylais, then its an AOE knockback and slow, dash slow, barrel dmg slow @.@

Not a huge change but I feel like 4/4/3 is more accurate for our favorite drunkard

ashmizen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Nasus is not bottom tier, not even close.

I didn't believe in him either, since obviously in normal games he's only a late game champ, farming his q. So logically, he "lost" a lot going to dominion, and he wasn't that strong in normal games anyway.

Then after I saw a good Nasus on dominion, and I tried him, holy ****! His utility is through the roof, and I found myself easily winning 10 games in a row, taking top score every time.

Pros
High HP - allows him to defend a turret against 2 ppl
Lifesteal, Ult - makes him even better at defending turrets
Wither - in dominion, wither is a death sentence.
AOE ranged spell that stays on the ground - perfect spell to stop multiple caps, without putting yourself at risk, AND it prevents them from starting cap again on, unless they move to the other side of the circle.

Cons:
no blink ability - he was bad in classic because he had no way to blink through walls like half of the champions could. Not as huge of a deal in dominion though, as good teams shouldn't be spending 10 minutes man-hunting you through a jungle anyway
His Ult is easily countered by fleeing - still true on dominion, but people don't flee as much on dominion in critical fights, esp if they outnumber you.
A high HP champ that has no taunt - this was Nasus's biggest problem in classic, is that he had the HP, but not any way to actually taunt, mass stun/iniate, or anything that a tank should do. Since there are no 5v5 team fights in dominion, nor is "taunting" dmg away from squishies a big part of the game, this is no problem at all. Tanks in dominion usually hold bottom, or some tower, by themselves against multiple enemies, and Nasus does as well as any (and better than most).

Shilav

10-10-2011

I think yorick needs to be bumped up to tier one, his offensive ability is rediculous and as far as utility goes, he has an AOE slow and the ability to revive an ally or himself to further defend or assault the enemy team, aswell as insane sustain while out in the ring

urmamasllama

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azesche View Post
Just a small plug for Gragas perhaps.

I think his scores are in a good place, but I think people forget about his body slam. It works something like Ezreal's Arcaneshift and has a lower CD (7s w/o CDr). Its a dash that can move through "thin" walls and enemies that are hit by it are slowed by 35%. His Q also reduces attack speed by 40% at max level.

Personally feel like he has more to him than just defending a point and utilizing his W and the 18% dmg reduction or knocking enemies away with R. In mid he can definitely R > Bodyslam Slow > Nuke with barrels > Dead.

If Ez gets a 5 for utility for his "free flash" and global ult I think Gragas should be bumped up to 3 in utility and not a 2. Especially if you build Rylais, then its an AOE knockback and slow, dash slow, barrel dmg slow @.@

Not a huge change but I feel like 4/4/3 is more accurate for our favorite drunkard
most of that 5 is for the ult

Aerodynamic

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmizen View Post

I didn't believe in him either, since obviously in normal games he's only a late game champ, farming his q. So logically, he "lost" a lot going to dominion, and he wasn't that strong in normal games anyway.

Then after I saw a good Nasus on dominion, and I tried him, holy ****! His utility is through the roof, and I found myself easily winning 10 games in a row, taking top score every time.

Pros
AOE ranged spell that stays on the ground - perfect spell to stop multiple caps, without putting yourself at risk, AND it prevents them from starting cap again on, unless they move to the other side of the circle.

Cons:
no blink ability - he was bad in classic because he had no way to blink through walls like half of the champions could. Not as huge of a deal in dominion though, as good teams shouldn't be spending 10 minutes man-hunting you through a jungle anyway
His Ult is easily countered by fleeing - still true on dominion, but people don't flee as much on dominion in critical fights, esp if they outnumber you.
A high HP champ that has no taunt - this was Nasus's biggest problem in classic, is that he had the HP, but not any way to actually taunt, mass stun/iniate, or anything that a tank should do. Since there are no 5v5 team fights in dominion, nor is "taunting" dmg away from squishies a big part of the game, this is no problem at all. Tanks in dominion usually hold bottom, or some tower, by themselves against multiple enemies, and Nasus does as well as any (and better than most).

Dude... stop telling people. Let people think he's bad either wise he will get banned.

OptimisticC

10-10-2011

AP Ezreal is definitely top tier pick. See, he has stupidly high burst with lichbane and deathcap. However, he needs to farm. We all know that Dominion eliminates the need for farm totally, so an AP Ezreal can start steamrolling within minutes.

Here's what AP Ezreal can do:

-A global ult that interrupts across the map and does a stupid amount of damage, especially since there are no jungle creeps in the middle of the map to decrease the damage one bit.
-A blink ability that gives Ezreal an amazing amount of mobility combined with ganking potential - E over a wall to gank or interrupt is a game changer.
-A 1k range nuke (1.2 AP ratio, 2~4 sec CD, reduces CD across the board) makes Ezreal an amazing champion at poking people from afar - whether it be interrupting channelers in safety or nuke people while defending a turret.
-An AOE that interrupts an entire team easily while reducing AS, very effective against champions that stack AD and less AS.
-No farm means AP Ezreal can and will burst a lot of champions from full to nothing in an instant, and then bring up half of his combo up in the next 4 seconds.

ViashinoWizard

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmizen View Post

Pros

Cons:
How do you build Dominasus, and what skill order do you use?

WorkItHarder

10-10-2011

You're totally right about the personal score. I've won 41 out of 60 games of dominion with Blitzcrank, and only a few times am I even in the top 3 out of my team. It's possible that I have been VERY lucky with my teams, but I think its more because I spend most of my time trying to distract multiple opponents from doing anything useful. I don't think it's too much of a stretch of the imagination that I'm contributing more to the team than my personal score suggests.