Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RTBardic

Recruiter

10-09-2011

Irelia's 4/4/3 score should be bumped up one point to 4/4/4 imo.

Her faster-than-average base movespeed allows her to cross the map to capture quickly. Her passive allows her to go for faster boots at less detriment to her defensive stats than Riven, who is also rated 4/4/4.

Lastly, I think of 1v1 combat as utility (catch someone inbetween points, cap the closer one), and Irelia excels at it. She's also one of the few characters that gets through Jax very easily, since her true damage synergizes very well with Sword of the Divine.

My Irelia Dominion build, in case it matters: Philo Blade + boots --> Kitae's Razor --> boots3 --> one of Sword of the Divine (Jax) / Lightbringer (Akali) / Phantom Dancer (neither) --> Priscilla's --> Guardian Angel. I've had a couple games where I sell off the starting Blade for a bigger HP item, but not very often as the game usually ends too quickly.

Vanilla Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2011

Rationale for Twitch and Kennen being in tier 1?

Twitch is slow, squishy, has no gap closer, can't clear minion waves, and his only escape is easily countered here. His line missile ult would have uses in a 4v4 battle or so, but I can't see how he thrives so well. Your input?

Kennen's pro in SR was his sustained harassment and healing during the laning phase. He was a great disruptor for 5v5 and 4v4 fights with his AoE forcing enemies to displace themselves or take damage + stun. But he's squishy, has a litttttle bit of trouble clearing waves, and has really bad AP ratios. I can't see him bursting down an enemy 1 on 1 easily, and I can't see him out DPSing many champions either. Elaborate on tier 1? Is he really good at ninjaing solo points?

TakinTheHeat

10-09-2011

Nasus has the lowest score of anyone. Do you consider him the worst possible choice for this map? Sure, he is bad on his own but what he does with his wither, its amazing. He takes any target and makes them focus-able. Pair him with someone like jax or akali and just go hunt people down. An 100% attackspeed/movement speed slow is crippling! Besides that, his damage isnt SO bad, you can put him bot and he defends that pretty well and can get a bit of Q farm as well. I don't know, I just feel like 1 in utility when he has the best slow/AD damage debuff in the game is hittin him pretty low. Maybe bump up his defense to a 4 (hes difficult to get off a point with his health bonus, he interrupts captures with the aoe damage from E and his ult..) and maybe bump up his utility to a 3 so he can make it into tier 3 at minimum.. Against a jax you just wither him and he loses all stacks.. and with cdr its permanently on your target.. akali's cant run anymore, poppy's cant run, etc.

Also, do you consider karthus the best choice to be bot? Ty for responding.

Dragon Charlz

10-10-2011

Ezreal should have a higher attacker rating than Cait. She may have range, but Ezreal can shoot more often, hits harder, and hits faster. His skill shot is also much harder to dodge than Cait's. Also, I'd say move Sivir up because with a BF sword she can out push Heimer bot. But, as I see it she's only a good bot lane for most of the game. But a very powerful one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Squid View Post
Rationale for Twitch and Kennen being in tier 1?

Twitch is slow, squishy, has no gap closer, can't clear minion waves, and his only escape is easily countered here. His line missile ult would have uses in a 4v4 battle or so, but I can't see how he thrives so well. Your input?

Kennen's pro in SR was his sustained harassment and healing during the laning phase. He was a great disruptor for 5v5 and 4v4 fights with his AoE forcing enemies to displace themselves or take damage + stun. But he's squishy, has a litttttle bit of trouble clearing waves, and has really bad AP ratios. I can't see him bursting down an enemy 1 on 1 easily, and I can't see him out DPSing many champions either. Elaborate on tier 1? Is he really good at ninjaing solo points?
Twitch is high because he HURTS. His attack speed combined with a few good items (only when combined with items) is very strong. Kinda like Kog Maw, but not multitarget and less damage overall. Kennen I'm wondering about, since Ezreal is tier 2 and I see WAY more Ezreal because Ezreal is just simply better for this map in general. Kennen can't damage enough to shut most people down as you said, excluding early game.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

@TakinTheHeat - I believe only the initial tick of Spirit Fire interrupts capturing, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The reason why I have Nasus in the lowest categorization right now is that in the overall context of a game, there are many tanky DPS that fulfill his position, but better. With Siphoning Strike being of limited use even with a Trinity Force, his damage output and limited tankiness simply fall out of the picture. I've seen a good Nasus do well, but I've seen many more decently farmed Nasus' simply contribute nothing to the team. At this point, the only thing really going for him is Wither. While Wither is tremendous and should not be underestimated, it really isn't something that is going to be defining within the game (Jax doesn't need stacks to be ridiculous).

If you want to run Nasus to attempt to counter Jax in Draft Pick, all the power to you - it's a good call.

As for Karthus, he's definitely one of the best bot defenders, but I would not say he is the best. It depends on the lineup, but I'm sure he would have no problem taking out Heimerdinger. However, he is going to be tied with the best point defender (tied with Yorick) for being able to fend enemies off a point even while dead. Karthus has a number of tools to make diving him an extremely poor choice, the most notable being Wall of Pain. It's a highly undervalued skill but I feel like it's one of the strongest in Dominion. During dives, people tend to just ignore it, even though it puts a damage amp on everyone who passes through.

@Vanilla Squid - Twitch can maintain a steady income while running around invisible, looking for ganks, and that pretty much solves the SR dilemma of having to balance income with ganking. His damage is no joke either, it seems like his underrepresentation in SR leads to people misjudging his output, but he hits like a truck. While it is true that he has no outs, he is disruptive enough and pulls no punches in team fights. With his Ult activated, he can shoot huge AoE lines of death from Kog'maw-like distances. So definitely don't underestimate this little guy here.

Kennen is a bit underrepresented so far in the games I've played/seen, but he's a quite well-rounded champion. While his AoE isn't the strongest, he can definitely hold off a push for a fairly long time as well as harassing back enemy champions. He holds his own against dives with chain stuns and high mobility. While I normally don't give a lot of weight to champions depending on their ultimate, Kennen's ult is just so strong for the kind of fights that he will be getting into in CS. Finally, he's pretty slippery and can put pressure on enemy CPs while also being able to play swing defense effectively. I may bump him down to T2 due to underrepresentation, but that will have to wait.

@RTBardic - I've found that a few points of MS does not make an appreciable difference. Due to speed shrines and the nature of MS increment, the amount of time it takes for differences in base MS to add up simply is not a selling point for Utility. Bladesurge is not the effective mobility tool it is in SR. The only place you will find minions is in lanes, and if your opponents have full awareness of where you are, you lose the purpose of having that mobility in the first place. Furthermore, you don't have brush to juke around minion waves. Your build is extremely squishy, which defeats the purpose of having very difficult-to-kill tanky DPS who are adept at buying time for teammates. SotD doesn't counter Jax either.

Luninareph

10-10-2011

I've found Kennen to be very effective on CS, personally. With his stuns and his cocaine ball, he's very safe from ganks between points and he gets wherever he wants to go really quickly. His Q is great for poking at defenders, his ult is great for attacking or defending points, and although I agree his AP ratios aren't outrageous, Q always does loads of damage and is on extremely fast cooldown. He doesn't do as much raw damage as Ez or Cait, and I don't think he's as great at solo-point-taking, but in 2v2 or 2v3 he pushes the odds overwhelmingly in your favor with the crazy amount of stunlocking he puts out. It makes wiping out the enemy side much easier.

Also, IMO, Kennen is great for suicide charges--just running into the middle of everybody and doing as much damage as he can before he gets killed--which is a much more viable strategy on CS than it is on SR, seeing as kills don't matter and death times are so much shorter. I often suicide-bomb with Kennen, get killed, and watch my allies all survive, wipe up the rest of the enemies, take the point, and keep fighting. One death on your side to cinch three on theirs and a cap is well worth it, IMO.

Not that I'm saying he deserves Tier 1 or anything, because I don't know. Just pointing out what Kennen has to offer in my experience.

Karandor

Adjudicator

10-10-2011

This tier list is a joke. Akali isn't tier 1 and sona, tristana (she wins lategame, period) and trundle are bottom tier.

Ashe being tier 3 is almost as bad.

Tier 1 should be: Jax, Akali, shaco, poppy, rammus, kog'maw, Ryze, blitzcrank, heimerdinger, Nocturne, Riven, maybe Sona, but I need a couple more games with her. More ranged AD carries could also be here just because of their universal dominance lategame when built properly.

The other tiers really can't be decided yet because people haven't figured out all the best item builds yet.

Leblanc is only good until the enemy team gets MR/HP 10-15 minutes in and then she sucks. Karthus is very good but can be easily countered and is too squishy if he wants to do any damage. Kennen is only good when his ultimate is up (this is a big problem with many champions on dominion). Twitch is squishy as hell and easily shut-down.

People are still building items on champions like we're on SR. Good item builds on dominion are almost totally different. Most people haven't caught on to this fact yet.

Quick Rawr

10-10-2011

Xerath's score adds up to 12, but is in tier 2 (11).

Otherwise I'm likin' it!

c0mmon

10-10-2011

i made a tier list before dominion came out better then this junk

FetisPuncher

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mmon View Post
i made a tier list before dominion came out better then this junk
some how, I highly doubt this.

@ Karandor - Good to finally see someone else that realizes Sona's potential in Dominion.