Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FetisPuncher

10-05-2011

Yi, what are your personal thoughts and experiences with Sona thus far in Dominion?

urmamasllama

10-05-2011

you have an erroneous html tag somewhere

ViashinoWizard

10-05-2011

Bumping for clarification on low Rumble placement.

Zenryoku

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
you have an erroneous html tag somewhere
No he doesn't.

http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/16531/?p=2

Tasao

10-05-2011

I'm liking the detail in the list a lot. And the explanations. Speaking of which, I know it's a lot to ask, but could you share your reasoning on... all of these guys?

Heimerdinger
Shaco
Garen
Maokai
Pantheon
Wukong
Xin Zhao
Cassiopeia
Gragas
Morgana
Teemo
Kayle
Galio

Many I'm just curious about for tips on how to improve my play, but some I feel are misplaced.

For example, Garen doesn't seem all that good on Dominion. Neither does Wukong, imo. Shaco is annoying and very slippery, but otherwise not particularly lethal if your team has even a half-decent defender.

Then on the other hand, Cass seems like a strong champ. Her poison is effective for poking/pushing as well as defending, and her ult can stop a turret dive in its tracks (on top of poison).

Gragas has excellent pushing, sustain, and poking. And he's often very tanky, which couples well with his barrel range at keeping enemies off points.

Morgana is also great at pushing and poking, as well as supporting her team. Then she's god-tier defense material. I've held off 3 enemies from a single point single-handedly in literally every game I've played with her on Dominion.

Teemo's good for map awareness and middle control and is highly mobile in defending, pushing, and backdooring. Putting a landmine that explodes and slows enemies on health packs and speed boosts seems like it'd be valuable utility. If the enemies start killing your shrooms with oracles, start placing them in bushes or around corners so they're likely to be tripped as quick as they're seen. Or just use them to build up a defensive set of mines on your points to function as minion-wave killers or just time-buyers against enemies that have to run around them or kill them if they even see them at all.
His drawback, imo, would be his squishiness. But he's compatible with items like Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, Zhonya's, or stuff like Sanguine Blade for a less AP-heavy build.

Kayle's much the same. She's great at supporting, she's great at pushing, she's a decent damager, and her ult can bait turret dives effectively. Her heal boosts anyone she uses it on, and mobility is highly valued on Dominion in general.
Overall, she seems very versatile in her ability to aid allies and hinder enemies.

And finally, I've had some success with Galio in being a mobile defender with Righteous Gust speeding myself and/or allies to strategic positions, using Resolute Smite to snare enemies, and Garrison+Ult has scored me a Quadra while defending a point. Both his offensive spells have decent range, hit multiple targets, and provide utility in either slowing enemies or hasting allies. His defensive ability protects himself or a teammate while healing him off of hits taken. He seems to be about as good as Maokai as a swing defender and potential pusher and diver. Since he takes reduced damage while ulting, he can Flash or Gust up on a point with any number of enemies on it and W+Ult and initiate for any nearby teammates pushing with him much the same way he initiates on SR.

Again, I know it's a lot to ask, but I'm very curious about your reasoning and would be grateful if you'd be willing to share.

urmamasllama

10-05-2011

so far my opinion of xerath is around a 3/4/3

his range makes for good harass when taking a point as does his pushing but its about what you'd get with maokai so i'd say a 3

his defense is very good his long range pokes and his stun are great for stopping caps and if someone trys to make a big push on you your ult can make quick work of it.

3 for utility because of his swing offense and defense with his long range

edit 3/4/3 for now

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

@FetisPuncher - Nice name :P
Sona is a lot of fun, I go AD on her and she crits people for an absurd amount of damage coming out of the fountain. You can make those kind of builds work and it's always hilarious when they do, but I'm still having difficulties placing a lot of SR support champions in this new environment when they have access to a lot of gold and XP.

@ViashinoWizard - I will be moving Rumble up, just haven't gotten around to it as this has been a hectic week.

@Tasao - I'll just cover what you brought up quickly, this is an unfortunate week for me in classes.
Garen has a good mix of mobility and raw damage output. His shield is very strong, since flat DR is prioritized since Healing is reduced. Gragas has recently been discussed.

Every Morg that has attempted to build tanky AP (up to Frozen Heart) has instantly been blown up before the second tick of her ult goes off, by champions of comparable farm. Losing solo level advantage and ungankability from SR makes her weaker. Also, dark binding is a joke to dodge if she is to use it at long range.

Teemo's mushrooms actually don't serve well as wards, since they are meant to be placed in locations that are going to be walked on. He was expected to be a top-tier choice during Dominion beta, but it's a simple matter to choose not to engage him disadvantageously and get kited. If Teemo sees a lot of usage as the meta develops, you can expect to see him moved up. He lacks A/D but is definitely one of the strongest Utility champions.

Kayle, in my opinion, is difficult to place. The short movement speed boost from her heal is a nice perk, but it is not nearly consistent or powerful enough for my liking. I have simply seen too much variability in her effectiveness, highly dependent upon the team composition, for her to given a very high score. Her ultimate sometimes makes all the difference in winning a fight, but other times, it is functionally worse than a hard CC.

I agree with your rationale for Galio, and he will be moved up soon. I have been avoiding changing some T3-T4 champions until I can find a more effective way of breaking down those tiers to be a bit more meaningful to the reader.

Drastone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

What build have you seen kayle's going? She seems to shine more as a carry now (offensive pusher) with the easy ability to get her full set of items.

Also interesting you have nunu with 2 utility, his speed buff is pretty good for assaulting, and consume is a direct counter to promote...

chronolegends

10-05-2011

It seems to me that your definitions of attack defense and utility are arbitrary and unclear. Which might be why you get so many suggestions to change the values/tiers, not cause ppl disagree with your view per say, but the numbers dont reflect accurate understandable situations.

ObscureClockwork

10-05-2011

y ori and cass so low?