Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

The fact that Vorpal Spikes is AoE is just a bonus. It adds considerable damage to your autoattacks and scales off of AP, which also increases his burst damage. You only really need one good attack speed item, and the rest of your slots can be filled with tank, AP or utility items.

Rupture and Scream have such strong AP ratios you can afford to delay putting points in them and mostly rely on items to increase their damage before investing points into them.

The only drawback to this is that Scream's silence duration suffers for a few minutes, but Rupture's disruptive utility is the same regardless of rank, and a 2 second AoE silence is a 2 second AoE silence. It's also quite common to skimp on Tenacity items early on in favor of higher mobility or burst damage, which works in your favor.

You also don't need to max Vorpal Spikes first if you feel like you need more burst damage, since it scales so well with attack speed. Adapting to the situation is the name of the game, after all.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDevalis View Post
Not sure I agree with Urgot's ranking here. I've both seen, and personally demonstrated, his capability in capturing and holding towers with high consistency.

He isn't going to be backdooring effectively, but he can literally rip an enemy champion off an enemy tower, or swap an enemy into a friendly tower to quickly neutralize them. Failing that, he can poke them safely while they're on the tower with his EQQQQ combination. His ability to spread conditions that reduce enemy damage and armor values like the clep in a Taiwanese ***** house can also make a significant advantage in 2v1 and 2v2 fights, so he does have some limited utility to the team, as well. And, failing all of the above, toss on a pair of armor items and his shield and he can double as a surprisingly tanky damage sponge for the rest of the team.
Haha, I'm going to have to reconsider then after reading this! Anyway, my main criticisms of Urgot: One of his greatest strengths is the ability to out-sustain and thus out-lane opponents in SR. This naturally allows him to snowball offensively while performing support functions as well. In CS however, this sustained output is really quite lackluster compared to many other champions with long-range pokes and burst initiation. Defensively, Urgot is unable to clear out pushes as well as many other champions. Swapping somebody into turret range is very effective, but it also is going to leave you out of the protection of your turret. The analogy I draw from DotA is Vengeful Spirit's ultimate, which is basically a longer range version without the suppress channel or slow. It's a great support tool, but inappropriate for semi-carrys.

eDevalis

09-29-2011

His lack of sustainable ranged attacks, however, are, if not countered, severely mitigated if you try to either fight in the jungle, where LOS is so limited most fights are close ranged affairs, or when attacking or defending a point, given the enemy either must come to you, or is already clustered together in a space you can easily reach. Once the E is on them, you basically out-range almost everyone out there.

I'd also say that the increased gold income is only a boon to him, if anything. He can stay absolutely viable in the fights if one considers him an early game carry, late (12-15 minutes in or so) tanky DPS with emphasis on DPS, where he'll win most fights in a battle of attrition. Ideally you end up between 210 and 300 AD with some AP defense for the assassins and thornmail if they're AD heavy. What's funny is, since he doesn't burst, he doesn't tend to scare the enemy off and they try to stick around and slug it out until they realize it's far, far too late to run.

As for the ult, yeah, it is situational. But it does give you a little more armor for your troubles, which boosts your shield's effectiveness even if you do swap out of turret coverage. Doesn't take much to swap to the edge of your turret, then walk back under it, though. Toss garrison on the tower and it's basically a free win on that tower.

He isn't Tier 1, I agree. But he's no slouch, either.

Piano Kitten

09-30-2011

I read earlier that neither Hextech Sweeper nor Lightbringer affect Acid Hunters. Beyond that, I don't thinnk Lightbringer is a very logical choice on Urgot in terms of core build progression. While I find that most champions have at least situational uses in Dominion, I can't say more for Urgot beyond that. This may change in the future, but I think I will be leaving him where he is for the time being. My only reservation right now is how good that ult is from the standpoint of the entire team.

With Xerath coming out, what do you guys think? Seige tank? AP Kog'maw with a stun? Really feels like Riot is trying to crank out those Dominion champions

urmamasllama

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yifanlol View Post
With Xerath coming out, what do you guys think? Seige tank? AP Kog'maw with a stun? Really feels like Riot is trying to crank out those Dominion champions
im thinking 2/5/3

Henebethoe

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellios View Post
I'm not sure if I agree with Karthus being tier 1.
Then your Karthus Isn't building Hextech Sweeper it turns it into a better TF ult.

henroid

10-01-2011

I can't make Caitlyn work. Any successful Caitlyns out there that can justify her Tier 2?

Ell 9

10-01-2011

Quote:
Amumu (2/5/2),
No. Wrong.
Play him as a Tanky Mage Mummy (Rylai's, Hourglass, Sweeper, Ring etc)
Then move him up please. I reckon 4/4/3
Thanks

urmamasllama

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell 9 View Post
No. Wrong.
Play him as a Tanky Mage Mummy (Rylai's, Hourglass, Sweeper, Ring etc)
Then move him up please. I reckon 4/4/3
Thanks
if you want him moved up there has to be a reason

his utility isn't that great cuz he has little global presence

and his tower invasion isn't very good because he lacks burst for taking down an opponent quickly

the one thing he excels at is defense and that is reflected in the current score

Wesu

10-01-2011

I have to disagree with Fiddle at bottom tier... He's freaking insane in this map...