[Suggestion] Vote Disband, neither win nor loss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezion

06-04-2010

Vote Disband

Functions the same way as Surrender, but involves both teams. If greater than 60% of the remaining players vote to Disband, then the game ends and is neither a win or loss.

Disbanding should be available from the start of the game and it should give IP and EXP based on the game time. Before 10 minutes it should only give a token reward of 8 IP and 5 EXP, but as it approaches 50 minutes it scales up to being 75% as much IP and EXP as a loss on that maptype.

The purpose of Disbanding would be to allow games that experience leavers (esp. earlygame), bugs, or anything else that would unfairly imbalance the game to call it neither a win nor loss. Providing a small IP and EXP reward encourages public teams to disband in said situations.

Note: This idea is touched on by this thread and has been mentioned elsewhere, but this particular feature could use some emphasis and discussion for the developers.

0megaD

06-04-2010

60% requires the enemy team to hold a bit of sympathy for the handicapped team.

While I think the suggestion is great (both in concept and in detail, specifically the fact that you won't be able to use it to spam for IP / exp) the question remains whether enemy teams that fight handicapped teams will have some 'respect', or just think "LOL EASY EXP / IP LETS OWN THEM"

+1 for the idea.

bonner

06-04-2010

I'm all for this idea. I've had a few matches where the opposing team was actually sympathetic that we had a leaver on our team. Although, in my opinion, there should still be a minimum time that must pass before you should be able to vote for a disban. Some players may leave in the beginning of a match due to loading problems and rejoin before 5 minutes has past, which doesn't automatically mean you lose in any way.

Great idea though, +1.

Xetelian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2010

Already mentioned in my thread, but +1 anyhow. Great minds think a like and we all want change!

HoN has a remake function that I've used before because of unfair teams and decent charitable opponents.

The thing is, we can issue the withdraws and the initiating team, the one that starts the vote, they will pretty much always be the team that would lose, so give something to the 'winner' for accepting the remake.

LTPapaBear

06-04-2010

60% is way to low. That means only one person an the enemy team has to agree. 80% is a more reasonable number so that the majority of the opposing team agrees.

DOTAmakesMeLOL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2010

I suggest that upon a successful draw vote the game ends with baron blowing up (same sound effects as castle).