Your concept of how to win Dominion is wrong.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carrion

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
The problem I'm having is idiots who think they can back door to win. That map is so godam small that back dooring is dam near useless to be flat out honest. I've lost only 2 dominion matches but both had an idiot who was screaming "BD BD GO BD"
I do not agree there is any backdooring on this map at all, the minions should be ignored. There's ALWAYS something better to be doing than pushing minion waves, since the towers do not attack you if you just go up to them and cap. "Backdooring" is how you play this map.

Carrion

09-26-2011

Yeah, I don't agree with any of you. I feel as people come to grasp how to play dominon, this term backdooring will dissapear.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Minions should not be underestimated. An uncontested minion push can easily neutralize a tower and make it much easier to capture.

Nenesse

09-26-2011

I disagree. Building to kill can definitely be a good strategy. You know that 4v4 slugfest that always happens at top, both teams fighting to the death absolutely? That happens quite a bit.

svartingr

09-26-2011

There can be tactics for champions with burst.

Yes, the goal might be defending, but you have to take points as well. Burst champions can help you do this.

But can a champion (outside of possibly a select few) hold a Turret by himself from a dedicated burst champion/assassin? No, probably not.

That gives said burst champion's team the advantage.

Also: Farming helps and pushing helps (a bit).

GrandBreaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrion View Post
I do not agree there is any backdooring on this map at all, the minions should be ignored. There's ALWAYS something better to be doing than pushing minion waves, since the towers do not attack you if you just go up to them and cap. "Backdooring" is how you play this map.
Uh huh. Well im in a ***** mood so allow me to completely shatter your ideals:

Creeps cap bases on their own. Quite quickly. If left alone they will cap. You ignore creeps you lose a bit of helpful gold, and suddenly you have given any enemy who wants to push your base a massive advantage.

Follow me on this one - creeps cap bases. Bases don't attack you while they are being capped. Push enough creeps to the base, they cap, I smack you 6 ways to sunday. All at the same time.

While killing an enemy champ does remove 2 health (give or take) from the corresponding nexus, owning more bases than the enemy team drops steady health (More than you can ever get by killing) while protecting your own nexus. So I dare say that pushing minion waves to cap more bases quicker and easier is probably the best thing you can do, especially early game when Dominion creeps are actually REALLY powerful.

And in the finale, The map is small. In 10seconds I can go from my nexus to yours and get shot by the uber turrent. Back Door? On this map? Not to mention almost everyone uses uber boots and everyone will be moving around fast, back dooring is asking for a gank. The basic idea of it is "I'm going to get this then get out before they know I'm here and can come kill me" in Dominion that translates to "Hey looky, Jarvan is backdooring *take 2 steps, kill Jarvan* Problem solved" There are 2 or 3 champs that can back door effectively. And it just does not amount to that much man.

xgxmxrx

09-26-2011

lets all be honest there is no real strategy here.
if you have a rammus on the other team 15 minutes into the game with ghost and powerball he can achieve 800 movement speed and get to one of the points you hold in just a few seconds so while in the meantime youre trying to defend the windmill up top he comes and takes the point closest to your base and screws up everything. BACKDOORING IS THE EASIEST WAY TO WIN THIS GAME.

Carrion

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
Uh huh. Well im in a ***** mood so allow me to completely shatter your ideals:

Creeps cap bases on their own. Quite quickly. If left alone they will cap. You ignore creeps you lose a bit of helpful gold, and suddenly you have given any enemy who wants to push your base a massive advantage.

Follow me on this one - creeps cap bases. Bases don't attack you while they are being capped. Push enough creeps to the base, they cap, I smack you 6 ways to sunday. All at the same time.

While killing an enemy champ does remove 2 health (give or take) from the corresponding nexus, owning more bases than the enemy team drops steady health (More than you can ever get by killing) while protecting your own nexus. So I dare say that pushing minion waves to cap more bases quicker and easier is probably the best thing you can do, especially early game when Dominion creeps are actually REALLY powerful.

And in the finale, The map is small. In 10seconds I can go from my nexus to yours and get shot by the uber turrent. Back Door? On this map? Not to mention almost everyone uses uber boots and everyone will be moving around fast, back dooring is asking for a gank. The basic idea of it is "I'm going to get this then get out before they know I'm here and can come kill me" in Dominion that translates to "Hey looky, Jarvan is backdooring *take 2 steps, kill Jarvan* Problem solved" There are 2 or 3 champs that can back door effectively. And it just does not amount to that much man.

You need dedicated defenders, and attackers. The champions that "backdoor" well win this game, SR style carries are nearly worthless. The quicker people understand this, the faster the quality of games will go up.

Tale Feather

09-26-2011

Don't neglect the "Capture" part of "Capture and Hold"

Burst Champions have a place just like any other role in here.

Personally I'm really preferring Kayle as she's sort of an Anti-Burst champion with her Ult being what it is. She's not exceptional at any one particular role, however, and she's best when being used to back up someone or provide a powerful distraction.

I do however laugh at those who believe "Backdoring" (capping an unattended point) Is a bad Strategy. I've consistently ranked by being sure to punish the enemy team every time they do leave their points undefended, and it is a VERY sound strategy, especially if you can take out the one or two people they send your way.

At the very least, if you can force them into a chase, you're making them waste time against one champion and keeping them away from other actions from the team. You just need to learn how to do so in a manner that makes for an adaquate distraction, or even a capture in your benefit.

Promote and using a minion wave to your advantage is very good with this.

There are going to be a lot of tactics that are going to spawn for this new game type, many that won't seem so smart until it is done successfully a few times to prove the point.

People need to take their time with this mode. Not in the battle itself, but in making judgments of it. It's new, people are confused, and the possibilities are enormous for winning. The "OP" champs are often not as OP as you would think right off the bat, they're just taking advantage of the initial reations. They loose a lot of power when the players know how to control the flow of combat within Crystal Scar.

Vigoris

Recruiter

09-26-2011

I think you guys are missing the point. Dominion has a very unique play style, that is without doubt. There are certainly more than one valid strategy to win. I'm not going to re-type my entire argument because I talk about it in my video which can be found here:

http://lol.csb-gaming.com/?q=node/31

The video is a fully commentated game of Dominion. Enjoy.