Your concept of how to win Dominion is wrong.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carrion

09-26-2011

I keep running into people thinking that burst damage and champion kills are how you win. The point of this game is to take and hold points, it's objective based. Your concept of how to win is from Summoners Rift. Get over it. I'm tired of people picking carries and thinking they're hot **** with highest kills and lowest contribution points.

Phaerius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

I've had games where my team is unable to hold at any point they capture, you do need damage to a point, or else you wont be able to survive any fights. I've had more than one game where enemies die if I enter a fight, but any other part of the map they have free reign. Seeing as one person cannot be everywhere at once, this causes particular issue.

Kraemer

09-26-2011

I agree that capture and hold is primary, however I'm pretty sure this game mode was meant to be fast paced, not a turtle fest.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

If you can kill the enemy fast, they won't be there to defend the point, making it easier to capture. It's a means to an end, just like how killing enemies or forcing them to base in SR prevents them from contesting you at map objectives. Realizing when you need to fight and when you don't is part of the strategy.

Carrion

09-26-2011

I agree you do need to kill people, but I'm running into WAY too many people that don't understand their kills are meaningless. Right down to berating teammates because they're focused on getting objectives, rather than fighting with an Akali at the middle of the map.

Meserion

09-26-2011

I play urgot often, rack tons of kills and end of 1st place 9/10 of a win :P

GrandBreaker

09-26-2011

The problem I'm having is idiots who think they can back door to win. That map is so godam small that back dooring is dam near useless to be flat out honest. I've lost only 2 dominion matches but both had an idiot who was screaming "BD BD GO BD"

rumples

09-26-2011

usually the people *****ing about fighting are the ones cooking around the map as phantom dancer rammus being utterly useless for anything other than ninja capping

Aametherar

09-26-2011

burst all enemy champs and they have no one left to defend towers. Anyways I agree with grand, backdooring is for ****. Burst damage champs are important to take out entrenchment champs like heimerdinger and other defender champs, they really are a necessity on a good team composition.

Hugs From Momma

09-26-2011

You do realize the point scoring doesn't say a whole lot, either.

It over-emphasizes BD caps, doesn't reward defense enough.