How to counter FIddle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Box of Stuff

09-26-2011

The guy deals and heals himself 300 damage at level 1 lolwut?

Mambazo

09-26-2011

Yeah... if you sit in the range of his drain the entire time. Don't do that. Interrupt his channel or stay away from him.

Box of Stuff

09-26-2011

ok but keeping away from him is jsut gunan cost me XP.
And he's still able to get at least 2-3 of his 5 drains

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Check his items/spells. He's fragile, slow, autoattacks like Soraka and has limited mana. Abuse whichever he hasn't accounted for in his opening items.

If he's draining you, run directly away unless you have enough burst to take him down instantly. If he's draining a creep, wail on him the whole time. He's not going to be able to hurt you back in any real way for 10 seconds.

Also, it helps a lot to know what hero you're playing when you ask for advice like this...

Mambazo

09-26-2011

His drain has low cast range; the leash is longer than where he can cast it from, and neither the leash or cast range are nearly as far as how far you can get exp from. Fiddle can't zone people. Also, when his drain is off cooldown, he's very vulnerable. Make him PAY for owning you like he apparently does

TheTeddyBaxter

09-26-2011

Hrm, catch him with his pants down. (IE, with his abilities on CD he's DEAD.)

Xiahiw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambazo View Post
His drain has low cast range; the leash is longer than where he can cast it from, and neither the leash or cast range are nearly as far as how far you can get exp from. Fiddle can't zone people. Also, when his drain is off cooldown, he's very vulnerable. Make him PAY for owning you like he apparently does
You're entirely wrong. Fiddle is an excellent zoner in 1v1s. When his drain is on Cooldown- if he used it for any duration, it's up almost instantly. This is a magic 2 seconds that I love when playing Fiddles. Vulnerability on Fiddles is not found based on skill, but on champion choice. Yes, I know- it sucks that you need to pick the right champion to beat a Fiddle. It's a major variable because most people don't REALLY know how to play Fiddles. Most people don't know how to play their champs at all. Granted there are different styles of playing each champ- there are general rules.

First, a Fiddle with crow at level 1 will engage you and your partner- but not get in range of your attacks because his crow has a very large range. To this I say, that's a tactic on Fiddles that is easily countered. Simply don't engage him until your minion wave is up. At this point he is now extremely vulnerable because he has no fear and no leach. [Now remember, if he's soloing you- this is a poor tactic. So he'll most likely grab Leach if solo-mid or solo-top. If he doesn't, you can be certain he's terrible.]

If you lower Fiddles enough after this, he will NEED to leach or tower camp until something comes in range for him to leach. Granted that he will have very low HP, and a cap of around 650 [with dorans and just a guess because I never get dorans]. He will be easy to dive and even easier to get first blood on. Remember, he's looking to leach- and in tower range you're easy pray. Do not assume you can kill him unless you can interrupt his leach. A good fiddle can 2v1 so long as the enemies have no silence or stun to stop his leach.

A fiddle who grabs leach at level 1 CAN by all means kill you in 2 leaches. Never EVER sit in his leach regardless of what champ you're on. Even if it only does 50, it's constant and he has no reason to run from you. He can by all means make you B at your lane at Level 1 as well. A Nasus for example, solo top against a fiddle. That Nasus will get no feed whatsoever so long as that fiddle knows what he's doing, and in fact will force Nasus to B every time he tries to get near creep.

Next is about his fear. Yes, it is obnoxious later game- but early game it doesn't last at all. Now remember that a smart fiddle will wait for you to waste your silence, and then fear you and then silence you giving him time to have his leach back up. He's not worried about cooldowns on anything but that drain after you stop him from doing it. Pay attention, because if he uses his fear before you use your silence, you do the obvious- stop his leach and burst him down. Don't chase him for any more then 3-4 seconds after you silence him. It's what he wants, because he will drop his fear on you and get all that health back that you took- only you can't leach him back.

I could honestly keep going, but I think you get the idea. Never run in to a 2v1 where Fiddles is 1 of those 2. You'll die unless you're fed. Don't chase him for more than 3-4 seconds. Never assume you're going to kill him unless you have Silence or Stun. Watch his first spell. Watch his items. Always be weary of the Fiddle MIA. Once he has Zhonyas, he will dive your whole team at your tower so long as his team is there. WATCH THE FIDDLE ULT.

Anti-Fiddle champs:

Chogath
Malzahar [only if he initiates]
Talon [ For as long as he has that insane burst damage, so probably till next patch.]
LeBlanc
Poppy [A good Poppy]
Veigar [Only if he can insta, otherwise no.]

Natar

09-26-2011

The people I fear the most as fiddle are those with interrupts & ignites & flash.
Cho, Alistar, Blitz are all tough.
Leblanc, Brand, Annie, all with flash+ignite can be tough...

Xiahiw

09-26-2011

Yeah, Alistar abuses all of his CC to initiate on most days, so I didn't bother making him a counter. Blitz with ult up can be a problem. Annie is no big deal so long as you watch her. She flashes, you fear.

Duhizy

09-26-2011

all tell you right now i play alot of fiddle and at level one i once out damage a xin and jarvan with just my lvl 1 drain and got the kill with my teammate so the chances that someone ho cant stop my drain is going to beat me in lane whether it be 2 guys or 1 is slim and its only going to get worse when i have ult. the way to stop fiddle in his tracks is to play him against someone who can silence or stun me i think even when knocked up it continues trying to get him off cooldown is smart be he can just get away his fear is long enough trust me i know so the sec you see a fiddle go mid or in another lane you have to be a counter to him or your screwed basically and if hes jungling your even more screwed but not really until lvl 6 and even then he can run in fear you for 2 sec at least and let your team get you while he drains and continues his jungle. i find that the counter for fiddle jungle is amumu jungle because amumu can stop him easy and get the kill most of the time ult or not. in lane i think a good counter would be talon hes perfect for fiddle he just silences and rapes him gg you win ever time as well as cho because of his silence and knock up your so fragile its gunna take away half health but if they cant counter him its gunna be hard to win