Dominion is nice and all... But...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Old Wrinkly Puss

09-26-2011

Could some balances have been implemented before it went live. Specifically champion balances. Some champions are clearly WAY to strong for dominion at the moment and either need to be tuned down or the weaker champions need to be tuned up. I prefer the latter because there would be nothing better than scoring a pentakill with Janna.

Atyres

09-26-2011

Games balanced around SR not Dominion, that is their competitive scene and any balancing for dominion would have a direct impact on SR.

Old Wrinkly Puss

09-26-2011

I'm pretty sure Riot is capable of making champion specific changes that only affect them in Dominion. I believe them to have a pretty awesome programming team

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wrinkly Puss View Post
I'm pretty sure Riot is capable of making champion specific changes that only affect them in Dominion. I believe them to have a pretty awesome programming team
Honestly, I love the new game mode, but I would much rather they focus on balancing champs for SR as opposed to creating parallel balances for Dominion.

Arandmoor

09-26-2011

I'd prefer to see Riot do the same to champions in select circumstances that they did to items: just straight up disable some champions in dominion.

I don't think that every champion will work in dominion unless they're willing to gut them for SR, and I don't think that every champion will work in SR unless they gut some of them for dominion.

Besides that, balancing every champion for all game types will make creating more game types a total nightmare from a balance perspective. Also, it will limit creativity by completely locking the devs out of giving champions abilities that might be extremely neat in one game type if it breaks another.

I would, personally, be totally fine with champs that can't be used in every game type. Especially if the devs can come up with another game-type or two that's as different from the norm as dominion.

I mean...we've got so many champs already. I think that demanding every champ be 100% viable in every game type is selfish, and potentially toxic from a design/balance perspective. If a champ can be balanced for everything at once, fine. If not I would rather they not sweat the small stuff. I mean...it's not like they couldn't reactivate a champ for a previously disabled game type if someone had a stroke of genius balancing idea.

Tesrac Livesbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

The truth is that it is too early to be looking at balancing anything. The current "meta", if you can call it that, calls for tanky dps. Yet I had a game during the Beta yesterday with a team comp that had only one tanky dps type. We slaughtered them, when their Nexus crumbled we still had 400 points on ours. Give it a couple of months while the game shakes down and then start to consider what might need to be done to balance Dominion. People need to get comfortable with the varied requirements for this game mode before they can start developing strategies to counter act the *Roll Face on Keyboard and Win HER-DER-DERP* crowd.

Old Wrinkly Puss

09-26-2011

I wonder if i'll survive for those few months cause I'll admit it... I'm apart of the HER-DER-DERP crowd. although i like my face and my laptop so both are in tact. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong >_>