AP master YI

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apocolyptis

09-26-2011

Hey guys, i was playing in a 5v5 and was devastated at the damage an AP master yi was doing, having alpha strikes that hit for 75% of our health after being just slightly fed. I Just wanted to try it out and was wondering what build i would need in detail, weather i would jungle or not. Even if i don't get the same crazy outcome, as long as it would be the best you guys know of that would be great.

KalecFash

09-26-2011

uninstall es#1 AP yi build always win never lose

UbberTengen

09-26-2011

I sometimes play Ap Yi, get bashe veil and he wont do nothing.
In order to do something in the tf he needs to kill at least one per alpha strike, if not, he needs to wait for cd.

scantykneesockss

09-26-2011

AP YI is played very diferent than AD?AS and lifesteal Yi so he is really underestimated.

I recommend you to go mid (ad yi can do this 2) and start with dorans, then get another one.
and then mejais , because AP YI is one of the hardest champs to kill in the game thanks to AP meditate, even if he has the global taunt effect that is being master YI, unless they have a lot of CC, they wont be able to take you down once you meditate.also get merc threads instead of sorc boots

Mambazo

09-26-2011

Please don't refer to any "global taunt effect". Whatever the hell that even means. If someone is attacking a yi who is meditating, they're an idiot. It has nothing to do with anything other than that. And you don't need "a lot of CC" to stop a yi from meditating. You need ONE ability that will stop his channel.

AP yi's weakness is that he has ONE offensive skill. His E becomes utterly useless when built as AP, and his ult becomes nothing more than an MS buff. Learn to counter him by building magic resist and saving a stun for when he meditates. If he's hitting for 75% of your health, either a) you're exaggerating right now or b) you haven't built a single magic resist item, and he's hitting for true damage because he built a bit of magic penetration.

Negatron Cloak. Learn to deviate from your build slightly to stop yourself from dying constantly.

Cenerae

09-26-2011

AP Yi isn't really suitable for jungling with. You can do it but AP Yi relies on farming up quickly and using the early game power of his alpha strike. Late game he falls off drastically since he only has 1 nuke, and meditate can be countered by a silence/stun/fear.

He is pretty heavily shut down by magic resist, forcing him to rely soley on lichbane procs to kill anything.

All in all, AP Yi is mostly a pubstomper Yi build. Versus teams that don't understand what to do, he'll be refreshing his alpha strike after getting a kill then proceeding to chain through your team and meditate back to full hp. Versus teams that do understand what to do, he gets forced to blow meditate after alpha striking into the middle of the enemy team, and is then CC'd and killed easily.

His early game and laning are both quite strong, though. Meditate gives him a lot of staying power, and you simply cannot stop him from farming.

Aryle

10-01-2011

People just don't expect ap yi, you have amazing lane sustain with the right runes and items. And they don't expect how hard your harass will hit. Really easy to get fed early game. Late game it is a bit rough if the game has carried beyond 40 minutes. At that point you should have your lichbane to help out and you should start backdooring ftw.

ZIGALOT

10-01-2011

ad>ap

Bossatiger

10-01-2011

I always thought AP yi was never viable due to the fact that his cooldowns take too long. I normally go for attack speed (zerkboots --> stinger) and then start building AD into infinity edge.

Albinododobird

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

AP yi is a huge risk. Basically, this is how it works. You are mostly useless until you have a lot of AP and lich bane. You alpha into the team, autoattack once, then ult and autoattack once. Your ult will let your cooldowns refresh, so you just rinse and repeat. If you get low on hp, you meditate. The problem is that you are useless if you can't get your cooldowns refreshed.