Support Tank Teemo (This build really does work)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarkTheExplorer

06-04-2010

Alright, so this build has worked multiple times for me. It's gotten me my highest scores as Teemo, and it continues to net me great results. I am by no means an expert player, and I have played Teemo more than 120 times now, so I could definitely be called your average teemo gamer. Someone who isn't the best, but not the worst I mean, at playing Teemo.

So, I feel that I am in a good position to help the average teemo player out.

Notes:
- This strategy requires that you are going mid (which, with teemo, 80% of the time you are)
- This strategy should be used when you know you have other people on your team that will be able to do the majority of the grunt work. Examples: Tanks like Jax, Warwick, or huge damage dealers (people that rake up, like, 20 kills a game constantly) like Akali or Yi.
- I use this build when I know I'll be against another Teemo at mid, because I don't like dying against a same champ player (infuriating, isn't it?).
- This build works WONDERS for stopping players that are super experienced, players you know will have, like, 20+ kills otherwise, from getting a good score. It also frustrates the **** out of them, because you're sending them a statement. "I've got no beef with you."

I took a very experienced Twisted Fate player down to a score of 5/5/13, and a very experienced Teemo down to 3/2/1, while I was 3/0/3. Frustrated, he left the game. With a 3/2/1 score! It shows you just how frustrating this strategy can be to play against for pro gamers, but, it's as Mr. Miyagi says "Not stronga who win....smaaartah..." [and in my opinion, more patient, but that probably falls under the smarter category]

Summoner Spell Required: Smite - The goal is to kill as many minions as possible.
Runes - Go for all Ability Power and Ability Cooldown to hype up your blinding dart.

Main Goals to have -

1) Kill as many minions as humanly possible.
2) Get 0 deaths. If not 0, definitely get 3 or less.
3) To aid the guy on your team who is most experienced. This is not necessarily the person with the best score. Just find the experienced looking tank, and follow them.
4) To kill towers when there is an opening, but since this is a support build, be conservative, or having someone to hold your hand along the way.
5) Don't by any means get angry for dying or if you're losing! Patience is key. You're a support, a minion killer, a pusher, and a helper. It's other people's job to worry about champs. Of course, if you get fed, and get the full build early, go ahead and gank away. No one will be able to stop you, with your 3000+ hp, attack speed, damage and armor. x_x

Part 1:

1) Go straight to mid, right off the bat. Don't buy anything. Take blinding dart as your spell. This will be your main spell for the match. Of course, take mushrooms as soon as possible, but stick to using blinding dart constantly, eliminating minions as fast as humanely possible.
2) At mid, stay behind the tower and wait until you're stealthed.
3) When the champ and minions come over, kill ONLY the minions. You may be tempted to shoot the champ at this point, but don't bother. The goal is to kill as many minions as possible.
------ 3B) Constantly use Smite. Whenever it's recharged, you should be using it.
4) Try to not get hit once by the champ that you are against. Stay right behind that tower. You'll get just as much experience as he will. The goal is to kill as many minions as possible. I repeat, avoid confrontation early game! (This is why this is a mid build only)
5) Wait until the other champ returns. Push so that the tower won't die, then run back to the base and buy a Giant's Belt (1110 gold I think).
6) Repeat. Go back to the tower. Unless there's a clear opening, staying non-confrontational.

7) Once you have the time free, get your second Giant's Belt belt.
8) Kill more minions. You may not be used to the slow attack rate, but that's why you have to keep using blinding dart. You'll run out of mana quick, but don't worry about it. Patience...this is a support build.

Now you can probably be a little bit aggressive. If you're against ashe or teemo at mid, you might be able to kill them at this point, especially if you stealth near the tower. The hp build will completely throw them off. Otherwise, stay conservative, killing as many minions as possible.

There is no question: You should absolutely have the most minion kills at this point in the game, unless you're against an amazing ashe or heimdinger. If you don't have the most minion kills [on your team] you should be ONLY 2-5 off. If you're off by more, there's something wrong.

If your help, at this point in the game, is needed elsewhere, don't hesitate to be there.

9) The full build looks like this:

----------------------------------------------

Part 1:

Giant's Belt, Giant's Belt, Giant's Belt, Recurve Bow, Recurve Bow, Malady

Part 2:

Frozen Mallet, Sunfire Cape, <upgrade to something here>, Last Whisper, <upgrade to something here>, Malady

---------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

People have called me a noob in game for trying out this build. Ignore them. It's a fun build if you want to try something different to spice things up. A note though: even though this is a tank build, it's still a support build. Mid-End Game Make sure to follow the best player around and support them fully! Don't just run off on your own, thinking you can take anyone down.

Though, 1 vs 1, you will usually kill weaker assassin players, like Kennen, Teemo, or Ashe, pretty easily,

I'm not pro by any means, and my scores have been 15/14/10, 3/0/3, and 9/4/4. My average [without this build] is probably around 5/5/5.

Don't be surprised though, if you get a score like 3/0/3 or 1/0/5 with this build. The goal is to kill as many minions as possible, and to not die at all, so if your team loses the match, that's alright. If you were aggressive with the towers, and you aided your friends constantly at mid-end game, it most likely wasn't your fault.

Kelvan

06-04-2010

I'm sorry but this will not work at anything but very low elo. According to your stat page, you have 49 wins with Teemo. According to your post, you have over 120 games played with him. The math suggests that you are not very successful with build.

MarkTheExplorer

06-04-2010

It's not true, as I've just started trying out this build.

Also, since every single game I've played support, I get a lot of loses.

This is for people that die a lot, and want a way to play better. And I trust it will work for them.

I ask that you don't judge me by my number of wins or loses. I've played a lot, now, with this character exclusively and I know this will work for those that want to improve on playing teemo.

I suggest that you try out the guide yourself, and judge it by experience, not by my personal record.

Kelvan

06-04-2010

The build might work for you, but I'm telling you man, it will NOT work in mid elo or high elo brackets. It's hard for you to argue with me because you haven't experienced it yet. That's okay, you'll get there, probably after you adjust your playstyle.

Leohan

06-04-2010

I'm not going to argue about how effective this build is because I've never personally tried it. However, creating a tank out of a pure DPSer, seems like the equivalence of trying to use your wrench to hammer in nails - it might work, but it's not really what it's there for.

MarkTheExplorer

06-04-2010

I do not in any way aspire to become a "mid elo" or "high elo" player. I just enjoy playing the game once or twice a day, that's all. I'm an average gamer. x_x

Trust me, guys, I really do respect how good you are. You guys are insane, and define the very difficulty of the game. I'm not kissing ass, I really mean it....

Now, for those that are more average and have been having trouble, this is a great way to not die, and get better scores. No, it won't net you team wins, BUT it will allow you a practical means to fulfill your own personal potential as an average or below average player (like me).

I feel that the best one suited to write this guide would be someone like myself, who actually does get terribly low scores, all the time, and has an insane amount of inconsistency.

Thank you guys, seriously, I do respect you I want you to know that, but I am not aiming this guide at higher ranked players like yourselves.

Virveli

06-04-2010

I think that this thread should be taken very seriously.

kamia

06-04-2010

I just want to give you some input in the game

first of all, if you are taking the mid solo lane and not planing to go carry, you are screwing over another team mate that could have used the gold and level advantage...

The point in going mid, is either to
-slow their carry with harassment, in case of Zilean, Janna (whoever else)
-To gain a gold and experience advantage to help gank side lanes (insert carry)
-push middle tower ASAP in order to move onto others, like Heimer and Sivir

that is why you see the strong DPS champs go mid (along with the fact that they can handle mid)

#2 the fact that you are standing behind tower, if your opponent was any competent your tower would have been knocked down if you didn't think to harass them and be non-confrontational at that point, and you are probably are not going to get many last hits in, because the tower takes out minions in such a way, unless you know how to time your shots perfectly...
-also the fact that you are taking smite as a summoner spell, you are waisting a useful slot (at least for teemo)

#3 Even if you were planning to "tank" Teemo (which any, i mean ANY champ can go tank, just itemizing their stuff to be tanky) takes away from the aspects that makes teemo, well teemo (besides the mushrooms). The fact that people will be "thrown off" by your HP build, is probably not really going to happen, as they'll just ignore your lackluster damage, and lack of a true CC and go on and kill your carries.

There is nothing wrong to build something that you find "fun", but don't try to defend yourself by saying that this build is any better than other peoples "normal" builds.

also, it's not about getting a better score, scores are worthless if you don't contribute to the team fights, that makes this game. You can go 5/5/13 as you said that TF went, but the fact that he contributed to fights, be it stunning a carry, or whatnot, he contributes to a team fight...

Also, the fact that you are "inconsistant", is not always due to you, unless you are the team's carry and are suppose rack up the kills (which i find teemo to not be, he's good at map awareness and presence, that's what makes him good)

TLDR:
-You are screwing over a real carry by going mid with this build
-any toon can be built tank with itemization
-lack of CC and Autoattack damage, ignored
-Score inconsistencies doesn't mean anything

Carados

06-04-2010

Using alts to downrate posts isn't cool.

MarkTheExplorer

06-04-2010

Thanks for the detailed reply kamia.

When using this build, I have had my best games. I have won more team games, but I still lose team games all the time because, again, I always play support, and secondly I'm not that great to begin with. Also, there have been lots of...leavers. x_x

It is, from my experience, a build that does contribute, as when finishing a game that's more than 25 minutes long you should always have more than 100-150 minion kills. Killing minions is everything to raking up money and getting a good build while staying non-confrontational when you're soloing. In the guide I do say to attack when necessary, and the guide suggests following your tank.

I guess the guide is still dps, it's just ensuring that you don't die in the beginning-mid parts of the game.

Again, you make really good points, and things that should be definitely considered.

Again, I do encourage people to try it out, following the guide completely, and judging it by experience with it.