Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion UI Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KhaZixCarriesYou

Recruiter

09-26-2011

Quote:
Greenpanther:
The new shiny UI is great. The only thing negative I can think of is that the announcements about which flags are being taken/lost is kind of confusing. Giving names to these capture points is giving me a hard time knowing which one is which. Of course the mini map works fine and I can see immediately which is being taken, but if you guys are trying to come up with something new to improve the UI, maybe giving a symbol/picture/indication next to " The windmill is being captured"(I'm thinking of a pentagonal shape with a circle at the intersection representing the capture point). It would be even better if we knew which point to capture for the quest via the mini-map. Maybe I just don't know where to look, the game has a pretty fast pace and I have only played 3-4 games. Other than that the kill notifications are awesome, they show assists, kills, deaths, and all at the same time no matter how many kills and they are instantly updated.

there are pictures next to the cap points on the minimap. Pics of windmill, a drill, a skull (boneyard) etc.

Once you remember which points are where, you tend to know them by name. Kind of like how you can refer to locations in rift as baron, dragon, blue/red buff, river, etc.

Sing a Ming

09-26-2011

Quote:
boourns:
So... I hear this "dominion" thing went live. If you have questions or feedback about the new user interface elements we put in, here's the place to post! Things to talk about (not an exhaustive list):

* VP meters at the top middle
* Medals and score at the top right
* Changes to the announcement system
* Personal score display popups
* Quests
* Capture progress on points
* Capture interrupted feedback
* Capture point indicators on the minimap

the tips at the start of the game... maybe im stupid, but i dont know how to make thm not happen. if this is not an option, make it one.

Axel Grease

09-26-2011

The one thing I had a big problem with UI-wise was the "you can't start capturing again for x time" display. It wasn't very clear to me why I couldn't immediately start recapping a point when I was interrupted, and the mouse cursor changing wasn't as noticeable to me. Maybe something displayed on the point itself would be better?

ShadowStormLOL

09-26-2011

The only thing that really stood out to me (negatively, that is) in terms of visuals had to do with channeling and channeling being interrupted.

There's that initial charge up time before you really see the "channel beam", and sometimes it's hard to tell if I've started channeling. And then, when I'm interrupted, it's hard to notice sometimes, until I realize the tower is annihilating me.

The problem isn't so bad when you're fighting solo, but if you have a crazy skirmish going on at a point (one person fighting off defenders, another trying to channel and keep the turret off, reinforcements arriving, etc.), it gets messy - and that's also when it's most important.

A lot of this might be game visuals, but if there's some kind of UI thing that could be done, that may be another way to approach it. Not sure if anybody else has had those issues.

Metalicz

09-26-2011

Quote:
H911Reiver:
There's a fairly distinct audio queue for it, followed by the announcer verbally announcing that there's a new quest

Yeah I usually play with the audio quite low so I can use Skype and Vent so I can hear people talking clearly. Might be a good reason why half the time I don't notice.

Is there specific time when the first quest usually starts and is there specific time intervals for when the new one begins after the old one is completed?

boourns

UI Designer

09-26-2011

Quote:
Miles Long:
I would very much like it if those three blue exclamation point tip things in the lower right hand corner didn't pop up at the beginning of every match.

Can we please have an option to disable them? I thought unchecking show newbie tips would do it, but no such luck.

We want to make those go away after 5 games or so, although adding them to the newbie tips option is a good suggestion. I agree though, after so many games of dominion, I no longer need those tips to tell me what to do!

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

09-26-2011

There's always a quarter of a circle champion icon in the upper left of the screen...

Tgump

Recruiter

09-26-2011

With the capture-oriented style of Dominion, it's not always apparent if someone is assaulting a capture point behind our backs. If there is no champion near an assault in progress, could you please design a feature that immediately draws our attention? Such as an automatic ping -- such could also work for Towers in Summoner's Rift.

Imajika

Recruiter

09-26-2011

One thing that bothered me was when I was capturing a point with another champion and we are near each other but the enemy comes along and hits one of us. It is difficult to tell who that person hit since I don't recall any indicator that my channel was interrupted. If there was an indicator it wasn't noticeable at all.

Edgecase

09-26-2011

I'd like to see:

A different ping sound and graphic for the "quest" point, as it's hard to notice if it happens to come up during heavy fighting/pinging

A bar of some sort for the charge-up to channeling, I've been interrupted several times and not noticed (or accidentally clicked the tower instead of a champion and thought I was attacking but was actually starting a channel)

Some kind of "beam breaking" animation when channels are canceled (may help with the second point above)

Just remove the crossed-out items in the store; why are some items just gone (e.g. snowball) while others crossed out?

A faster interface to buy things. This was annoying on SR, but it's a killer on Crystal Scar because those 3 extra seconds matter.

Related to the store, some items are still missing from the "builds into" list, like Aegis off of Ruby Crystal.

Proper names for the points, so pinging on them doesn't just say "Capture Point"

Edit: And while I know it's not an interface thing so much as a behavioral engineering design thing, I really wish there were some way for me to not get a terrible team contribution score for doing tactically smart things like intercepting ninjas BEFORE they get in capture range.