Champs With Global Ults

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YuudaiTetsuya

09-26-2011

This mode is fun and great and all but completely unbalacened regarding champs who have global ults it completely breaks the mode. There is no doubting that the team who has a champ with a global ult has a huge advantage over a team without one...and yea you could say "well make sure you have one on your team" I feel like thats a cop out.

Is there gonna be anything done about this? Or is Dominion just gonna boil down to teams picked of all global ult champs and thats it?

HajimeMichiya

09-26-2011

Agreed!, champs like Gangplank, Pantheon, Karthus...something needs to be done

Even ones that can go invisible in mid combat (Twitch, Eve) have unfair advantage to the team.

YuudaiTetsuya

09-26-2011

No one else agree? I feel this is a pretty big problem.

JuniorTroller

09-26-2011

not a problem at all. assassins also work. speed also works. aoe also works. yeah global ults work but theyre not the only way

YuudaiTetsuya

09-26-2011

Ummm yea dude it is a problem. Saying assassins, speed, and aoe also works doesn't mean anything they can't instantly stop caps at anytime they have to get all the way over there. Global ults completely break the mode. If your racing for points the team with global ult champs will always come out on top of a race...always.

Wolfalisk

09-26-2011

You vastly overestimate the utility of global ultimates in Dominion.

GP drops an ult on you while you're backdooring one of their points? Great. You move out of its AoE and continue. It still requires a champion to follow up with stopping you. Unless you have 100 health and an Ez, Ashe, or GP ult nails you. In that case it's your fault. Karthas' ult is the same thorn in your side as it is in SR.

Teleport ultimates can be problematic. But TF is useless, Panth and Nocturne need to be reasonably close to activate theirs.

Think of it like this, if they are using their globals in non-combat scenarios then they will not have them for combat scenarios. As an example, Ashe pops her ult to deal with a situation halfway across the map...and then doesn't have her arrow when the nearby Xin Zhao jumps her 2 inches away from her tower's range. Yeah...

Aametherar

09-26-2011

Agreed! Nerf soraka ult!

YuudaiTetsuya

09-26-2011

I'm not saying they get kills with the global ult but they can't completely stop you from capping....broken.

Lord Imrhial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-26-2011

I don't think this is a super big issue... First off, Pantheon and TF's ulti's do have a decently long CD in regards to the game's length, plus because their ulti isn't really used in fighting, it greatly hurts their performance in defense...which in this game mode can turn a game around really really fast.

Second, people like Twitch and Eve, CAN sneak into capture points, but the thing is that they are insanely squishy, so if you catch em, they are toast....plus the points do reveal invis units. Most of the map is hidden anyways (with all the bushes), so pretty much anyone can go from one side to the other undetected if they want.

So, all in all, I really don't think it is that bad... And yes, I do play teams that use both types of that champions often. They have a slight edge in captures, but greatly lack in other area's of the game, which ultimately can change the outcome of the battle.

-Lord

C0heed

09-26-2011

The only thing global ults allow a team to do is "cheat" more than a team without global ults. By "cheat", I mean a global ult buys that team a little bit more time than a hero without a global ult.

Someone like Panth can aggressively push a 4th node as long as his ult is up in case someone tries to backdoor his team. This advantage is hardly game breaking by any means, it just requires you to be more aware.

Dominion is a new gamemode and balance is something that will come in time. Players are just upset that global ult champions require them to react differently than to champions without global ults.

Heimerdinger, jax, rammus and singed don't have a global ult and people complain about them too.