Suggestions on how to repair Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Yes Morde was OP before the Riven Patch, However RIOT nerfed him so hard he's no longer even worth playing because his core mechanic (his shield) is broken. I therefore cam up with 4 suggestions on how he can be repaired that RIOT can use one or more of.

1. Reduce the decrease in shield gained from minions.
2. Increase the shield generated from champions.
3. Make autoattacks build shield as well.
4. Decrease the rate at which the shield decays.

Now to rant a bit: Morde used to be a tanky melee mage, now he's not tanky at all because he doesn't have **** for shield generation and hurts himself when he uses his skills. He has no CC and no escape mechanism and his damage can't compete with other mages; his tankiness is what made him strong. Until he gets a good amount of his build going he has to stay back due to poor sustainability. I'd much rather play any other tanky DPS and Mordekaiser used to be my best champion.

Sides Mordekaiser was easy to kill even before the nerf with some CC. He was mainly just OP when fed, playing against noobs, or playing against a team that didn't bother to get any CC.

AlexIchonfire

09-26-2011

hahahaha.
wait... oh right, hahahaha.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

>Morde was OP
Arbitrarily waltzing by to downvote you.

And your "Shield on auto attacks" idea is broken too.

JustMyBassCannon

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
>Morde was OP

Not OP, imbalanced. Mord was never OP, he just had a play style that no one understood or counteracted, so Riot made his playstyle TOO easy to counter. Hoping for a fix.

That Other Guy

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
>Morde was OP

I didn't give a % for autoattack shield generation so how can you say it's broken?

If you're just gonna troll then don't post.

Warroth

Recruiter

12-23-2011

Yes, he is still worthless. He was my fav champ too, it breaks my heart. When Mord was "OP", I saw a lot of people who really sucked with him, he was only OP when fed just like most champions. I'll admit, he could have used a MINOR nerf, or perhaps some re-balancing. His early game was average-poor in strength and his late game was extremely strong. Couldn't we have just made his early game better and his late game a little worse?

Overlord Heian

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00011011S View Post
Yes Morde was OP before the Riven Patch,
A stupid enough start to save me the time of reading the whole thing.

VeritoAnimus

12-23-2011

I've been playing morde a bit lately... he seems really solid. The only thing I don't like is that it's easy enough for people to get away from him. Overall I still think he's a really strong off-tank. I just build more towards full tank than AP though and he ends up being an off-tank that's really close to being full tank.